From:
Georgiy Syunyaev <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Georgiy Syunyaev <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2023 12:20:55 +0100
Dear Colleagues,

We cordially invite you to participate in the Berlin Meeting on the Political Economy of Development (MoPED), organized by the Institutions and Political Inequality unit at the WZB Berlin Social Science Center on June 1-2, 2023. This year, we are excited to collaborate with IGR on the workshop this year!
The MoPED-IGR workshop will offer an opportunity for scholars who focus on intergroup relations and the political economy of development, broadly defined, to build community and foster collaboration. The workshop will consist of in-depth discussions of approximately 8 papers and/or research designs over two days. We particularly welcome works-in-progress that address (again, broadly defined!): governance, corruption, misinformation, conflict and violence, intergroup relations, and migration.
The meeting will be held in person at the WZB in Berlin, Germany. The WZB will cover local expenses for participants, including two hotel nights, meals, and local transport. Additionally, we can cover within Europe (or its cost equivalent) round-trip travel within Europe to Berlin for invited postdoctoral researchers and PhD students.
We expect to host about 25 workshop participants and aim to discuss up to 8 papers/research designs. If you would like to present your work for discussion, please send a title and an abstract of no more than 500 words to [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask]) by March 27, 2023. More information can be found here: https://www.wzb.eu/en/events/moped-igr-workshop . We will make decisions about the agenda within a week of the submission deadline and are available to answer any questions you may have.
We sincerely hope you can join us for the workshop!
With all best,
Lisa Garbe, Alex Scacco, and Gosha Syunyaev
(Institutions and Political Inequality, WZB Berlin Social Science Center)