From:
Simon Hug <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Simon Hug <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2023 18:39:01 +0000
Dear colleagues

Sandra Penic and I seek to hire a research fellow (post-doc) for our two projects entitled "Exposure to violence, cooperative behavior and emotions" and "Uncovering the role of emotion norms in conflict transformation," both financed by the Swiss National Science Foundation. These projects aim at studying the role of affective processes (emotions and emotion norms) in shaping individuals’ prosocial behavior and policy attitudes in conflict-affected societies. Both will rely on surveys and experimental work to study these processes in several contexts.

We are looking for someone with a PhD in political science, political or social psychology or related fields with very good knowledge of research on civil wars and social-psychological approaches. in addition, the person should have well developed methodological skills, notably in statistical analysis and the elaboration of experimental designs and surveys.

The position (full time) will be initially for a duration of one year, renewable twice for, for a total of three years. The person to be hired will be affiliated with the Department of Political Science and International Relations and the Swiss Center for Affective Sciences at the University of Geneva and thus be part of an interdisciplinary environment. More information on the position and the application procedure can be found here:

https://jobs.unige.ch/www/wd_portal.show_job?p_web_site_id=1&p_web_page_id=63030

best wishes, simon

Simon Hug
Département de science politique et relations internationales
Université de Genève
40, Bd du Pont d'Arve
1211 Genève
Switzerland