From:
"Stacy B. Gordon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 13:53:36 -0700
Hello all,

The University of Nevada, Reno is providing a variety of services for students
displaced by Hurricane Katrina who may want to relocate to Reno for their
studies for the long or short term.  My understanding is that there may also be
opportunities for faculty who are displaced from their institutions during this
time of crisis.  Details are listed below this message.

If you know of anyone who might benefit from these opportunities, please forward
this information to them or have them contact me directly at

Thanks so much for whatever help you can provide.

Stacy Gordon
Associate Professor, Chair
Department of Political Science
University of Nevada, Reno
(775) 784-4601, ext. 2803

The University of Nevada, Reno is prepared to offer emergency admission to
students displaced by Hurricane Katrina.  Though classes began on August 29th,
we will make every effort to smoothly transition displaced students into fall
classes.  We are committed to providing the following support:

ľ      Application for admission and related fees are waived for fall 2005.
ľ      Scholarships and financial aid are available.
ľ      Non-resident tuition will be waived for one year.
ľ      Accommodations for housing can be provided.
ľ      Special on-line courses will be offered.
ľ      Personal counseling will be provided with the transition.

The University of Nevada, Reno is located in a community of approximately
300,000 people at the base of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.  The University is
in northern Nevada within a short drive of nearby Lake Tahoe.  Our enrollment
is 16,200 students. More information is available at www.unr.edu.

Contact Becky Earl at [log in to unmask] or 775-784-4700 X2008 for more information.