From:
Laura Morales <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2012 16:27:02 +0200
Dear colleagues,
Please bring these 3 PhD studentships to the attention of your students
interested in these areas, and please circulate among your relevant
networks. We are extending the deadline because we did not get a
satisfactory pool of candidates and we'd like to consider more
applications.

thanks and best,
Laura Morales

Deadline extended to 23.59h, 24th June 2012

We are currently recruiting for the following positions:

*2 PhD studentships fully funded by the European Research Council
Starting Grant**Democratic Responsiveness in Comparative Perspective:
How Do Democratic Governments Respond to Different Expressions of Public
Opinion?* (RESPONSIVEGOV), led by Dr Laura Morales. The successful
applicants will be expected to undertake their theses within the scope
of the project and to assist in data collection tasks that will also
form the basis of their own theses. As such the students will be
expected to undertake a comparative study of 2-4 western democracies
covered by the project. More information and applications on:

http://www2.le.ac.uk/study/research/funding/responsive-government

*1 PhD studentship jointly with the Department of Economics in the area
of Elections, Public Opinion and Parties*that will pay full-time UK/EU
fees plus stipend and RTSG for three years. We seek excellent students
with training both in economics and politics, and with an interest (as
indicated by their Masters' degree and dissertation) in the areas of
elections, parties and public opinion. We invite candidates to outline
their own personal research proposal in one of the following lines of
research: (1) elections and party competition, (2) party/governmental
ideology and policy formulation, (3) citizens' attitudes and policy
preferences. More information and applications on:
http://www2.le.ac.uk/study/research/funding/elections

For any queries about suitable topics, language or methods skills
requirements, please contact [log in to unmask]
best regards,
Laura

--
----------------------------
JUST OUT! Social Capital, Political Participation and Migration in Europe. Making Multicultural Democracy Work? Edited by Laura Morales and Marco Giugni

CHECK OUT THE LOCALMULTIDEM projecthttp://www.um.es/localmultidem

Dr. Laura Morales
Reader in Politics

Department of Politics and International Relations
University of Leicester
University Road
Leicester LE1 7RH
UK