From:
"Cheruvu, Sivaram" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Cheruvu, Sivaram
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2023 18:34:51 +0000
Hello All,

The Junior Law and Politics Research Community is now accepting proposals for its virtual seminar series in the Fall of 2023! We are a vibrant network of junior researchers (graduate students, post-docs, assistant professors, other non-tenured faculty) in the fields of public law, law and courts, and legal studies across institutions. We host seminars throughout the academic year via Zoom in bullet talk and public law panel formats which are detailed below. We welcome senior scholars to participate in our sessions as audience members and discussants.

We will be hosting sessions on September 13, September 27, October 11, October 25, and November 8. All sessions will be from 12:00 - 1:00 P.M EDT.  You can submit your proposal or simply sign up to attend our sessions here: tinyurl.com/16ixldoz<http://tinyurl.com/16ixldoz>

Bullet talks will be a total of 25 minutes. Presenters will give a short 3 minute presentation about a potential research idea or question with the remaining time dedicated to discussion and Q&A. If you are looking to workshop an idea to your peers in a relatively low stakes and informal environment, this format is for you.

Public Law Panels will be a total of 50 minutes featuring public law faculty from diverse institutions as discussants, facilitators, commenters, and audience members. Presenters will give a 10 minute presentation and be assigned a faculty discussant who will provide feedback for 10 minutes. The remaining time will be dedicated to discussion and Q&A. If you have a developed research project and are looking for additional fora to present and receive feedback, this format is for you.

We kindly ask faculty to please forward this email along to graduate students that are interested in the study of law and politics. We would love to have them as a part of our growing network. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at [log in to unmask]

Best,

Siv

Sivaram Cheruvu
Assistant Professor of Political Science
School of Economics, Political and Policy Sciences
University of Texas at Dallas
Sivaramcheruvu.com