From:
David Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:05:10 -0400
***2nd CALL FOR PAPERS***

*DUKE BEHAVIORAL MODELS OF POLITICS CONFERENCE*

*OCTOBER 10-11, 2014*

As we had such a successful conference in Pittsburgh last year, we’re doing
it again! We are pleased to announce that this year’s Behavioral Models of
Politics Conference will be held at Duke on October 10-11, 2014. We aim to
bring together scholars to discuss and share research related to various
ways that analytical models of politics can be broadened to include “
behavioral” concepts.

We welcome submissions using a wide variety of approaches, both theoretical
and empirical. Theoretical approaches might include behavioral game theory,
bounded rationality, adaptation and learning, and evolutionary models.
Empirical research might test or challenge conventional modeling
assumptions, identify the boundaries between rational and boundedly
rational behavior, or document empirical regularities that might be
accounted for by behavioral models. We would also be interested in papers
that applied experimental or computational neuroscientific approaches to
political decision-making as well as work in political psychology and
behavior that takes an analytical or behavioral decision research approach.

If you are interested in participating in the conference as a paper
presenter or discussant, or even just as an attendee, please fill out the
form here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/122-8r5QKFg_oU8EKgUn9HWVelE0xO-x_gu1CBD1QaJY/viewform?usp=send_form>
(
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/122-8r5QKFg_oU8EKgUn9HWVelE0xO-x_gu1CBD1QaJY/viewform?usp=send_form).

The deadline for submissions is July 1, 2014, and we will notify presenters
of acceptances by August 1. Any questions should be sent to

David A Siegel
Associate Professor
Department of Political Science
Duke University