From:
Tom Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2019 18:33:09 -0500
Dear All,

I write to introduce myself as the new field editor for Formal Theory and
Methodology at the *Journal of Politics*. We will miss the former team, but
we are also all very excited to begin our work as the new editorial team,
and I very much look forward to and encourage your submissions.

I am aware that the *JOP* has not always been a top choice for methodology
papers, but I do hope you will consider us as a leading outlet for your
work. I very much welcome submissions from the full range of methods topics
and approaches. I also hope the methods community will be open and ready to
serve as peer reviewers for the field’s submissions.

My hope is that we can develop the *JOP* into a premier outlet for methods
research. If you have any questions about the journal to the review
process, please do not hesitate to contact me.

All the best,
Tom

Tom S. Clark
Charles Howard Candler Professor
Co-Chair, University Research Council
Director of Graduate Studies, Department of Political Science
Emory University
Field Editor, Formal Theory and Methodology, *Journal of Politics*
*http://www.tomclarkphd.com <http://www.tomclarkphd.com/>*