From:
David Hugh-Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2006 18:18:45 +0000
Thank you very much for the answers so far.

I like the idea of ordered probit but am a bit worried that it assumes
the linear ordering that I want to demonstrate. (Proposition 13 was
definitely more extreme than proposition 8 but the question is, are
voters voting sophisticatedly or sincerely, or just confusedly).

On the other hand, could I detect any association between moderation
and voting on 8 in a multinomial logit? Because my IVs are categorical
(or ordinal), and the hypothesized relationship is nonlinear, I am not
sure what to expect from the coefficients.

Cheers
David