From:
Stacey Pelika <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 11:00:01 -0500
Hi all,

Having just struggled through trying to convert a LaTeX document to
Word, I realized that there is a fairly easy way to do it - by
converting the PDF to Word using a relatively cheap ($20) program called
Docsmartz PDF Converter (http://www.docsmartz.com/asp/pdf_word.asp). The
output I got using this method was much better than using latex2rtf - it
converted over the tables and figures successfully, and one doesn't need
to worry about packages because it's converting the PDF image rather
than the LaTeX code.

Anyway, I thought I'd share for those of you who are running into issues
with submitting LaTeX docs!

Stacey Pelika
UW-Madison

Paul Gronke wrote:

 > Jim says they take PDF.  Is this true for the FINAL copy?

I meant to say that they *took* pdf, and for final copy; this
was under Caldeira.  I don't know what their current practice is.

The recent version of latex2rtf really does go a long way
towards making the conversion painless; it's all gui and clicky
and doesn't barf if you look at it funny the way that the old
command-line version did.  You might try it on an old paper;
it's a small download from sourceforge.

--
James S. Coleman Battista
Dept. of Political Science, Univ. of North Texas

--
Stacey Pelika
Ph.D. Candidate