From:
"Dasovic, Josip" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 21:29:22 -0500
Dear PolMethers:

This isn't a methodology question per se, but I know that a large number of subscribers to this listserv uses LaTeX to prepare manuscripts and I was hoping that someone out there could solve I problem I am having with a bibliography I'm creating in LaTeX.
I'm creating my biliography using BibTeX, with the {harvard} package and the {apsr} bibliography style.  My problem stems from my use of sources written by Croatian and Serbian authors, many of whose names begin with letters that have diacritical marks.  So, for instance, instead of Cudak, I have LaTeX correctly produce \v{C}udak.  The problem, though, is that the reference list is then not alphabetized correctly.  Any source that begins with a letter that contains a diacritical mark is placed at the end of the biliography and not in its proper place.  Thus, \v{C}udak should be placed between Cole and Currie, and not after Zuckerman.
Does anyone know a fix for this?  Can one manually change the manner in which the bibliography is created?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Josip

Josip Dasovic
Ph.D Candidate