From:
Marc Ratkovic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Marc Ratkovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2023 10:05:37 -0400
Hello all!

I will be building a community of social/data/computer scientists at the
University of Mannheim focused on applications and theory of Large Language
Models.  The community will make contributions along research, teaching,
and enterpreneurial dimensions.  The positions can be at the graduate
student, pre-doc (ABD), or post-doc level.  The details for the call are
coming, but given the impending summer, I wanted to get an initial
announcement out.

I am looking for the right people at least as much as the right skills:
someone open to providing and receiving feedback, supporting others, and
who is committed and looking to grow intellectually.  The more experience
with the relevant coding (Python, HuggingFace), mathematical statistics,
algorithms, and applied work in the social sciences, the better.  We will
have our own infrastructure, so experience setting up and running servers
will be a big plus.

A formal announcement will follow.   Teaching requirements will depend on
the level and skills of the applicant, but will be tied directly to your
research interests.  Salary is competitive, and will be at the standard E13
level as set by the state of Baden-Wurternberg.

If you have any questions or interest, feel free to drop me a line at
[log in to unmask]  When you reach out, it would help if you would
include a CV and any relevant working papers (at any stage of development).

All the best,
Marc Ratkovic
W3 Chair of Social Data Science
University of Mannheim