From:
Ken Cousins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2006 07:25:02 -0400
Dear all,

Seems we've reached a tipping point. I'll also be coordinating a
Working Group at this year's APSA in Philadelphia:

This group will discuss the application of social network analytics
(SNA) to issues and theories common to the field of political science.
What is the current state of the art? How well have political scientists
begun to move beyond "network as metaphor" to more formal structural
models? Which SNA techniques and tools are more readily applicable to
political questions, and which need to be further developed? What are
the strengths and weaknesses of SNA, relative to other commonly used
analytical techniques in political science? Working group participants
will attend panels that include papers that use SNA (as well as poster
sessions), then meet to discuss those presentations.

A preliminary list of (potentially) relevant presentations can be found
at: http://209.235.207.197/imgtest/SNAprese.pdf

We'll also be meeting twice during the conference (time and day TBD).
Please contact me if you have any questions or suggestions.

Ken Cousins
Harrison Program on the Future Global Agenda
Department of Government and Politics
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742

T: 301-405-6862
F: 301-314-9690

www.bsos.umd.edu/gvpt/kcousins
http://augmentation.blogspot.com

"The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Curiosity has its own reason for existing."
                                              Albert Einstein