From:
Micah Altman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 01:19:17 -0400
Scholars,

Now that APSA is over, we can start planning for the next round of
conferences :-) I have been asked to head MPSA's section on Information
Technology & Politics, and I ask you to consider submitting a  proposal
to this section.

The section welcomes any proposal that contributes to our understanding of
the impact of technology on politics and policy (or vice-versa). We also
welcome proposals that apply or evaluate technology in innovative ways as
an instrument for teaching, data collection and dissemination, or
statistical/information visualization and analysis We welcome all types of
proposals, for papers, panels, roundtables, poster-sessions, chairs, and
discussants. (Proposals by faculty to discuss or chair panels are always
*more* than welcome :-).

To submit a proposal to present, chair or discuss on a panel, use the
online form by October 2nd:
 http://www.indiana.edu/~mpsa/proposal/papermenu.html

(And on your proposal form, please designate section 36 as your first or
second section.)

Best,

Micah

PS -- For those unfamiliar with MPSA,  here is more information on the
conference:

The MPSA holds one of the largest political science conferences, with
around 4,000 presenters from across the United States and around the
world. The MPSA National Annual Conference
<http://www.indiana.edu/~mpsa/index.html> is held in Chicago, in the
historic Palmer House Hotel. In 2007, the Conference will be held from
April 12-15.

Micah Altman, Ph.D.     Senior Research Scientist, Institute for Quantitative Social Science
                        Associate Director, Harvard-MIT Data Center
Contact info, etc.:     http://www.hmdc.harvard.edu/micah_altman/
"Entia non sunt multiplicanda sine necessitate" - Dr. Invincibilis (Corollary, "Ad indicia spectate.")
   * Disclaimer: This is an unofficial, unsigned, document.  (Copyright 2006) *