From:
Kevin Quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 2015 09:44:53 -0700
I am extremely pleased to announce that the fellows of the Society for Political Methodology have inducted Suzanna Linn as a new fellow.

The nominating committee composed the following:

Over the past decade and a half,  Suzanna Linn has been a leader in our field of political methodology, with her best-known work on the modeling of time series data.   Her expertise in the field of time-series modeling is evident in her many papers in the three leading general journals of political science-APSR, AJPS, and JOP. Her paper with Jan Box-Steffensmeier on Recurrent Events Data won the 2003 Gosnell Prize. Her work on repeated events survival models has appeared in Statistics and Medicine, the Proceedings of the American Statistical Association,  and Political Analysis.  She served four years as associate editor of Political Analysis.

As an example  of her substantive work, Suzie Linn has introduced a novel method of tracing media coverage of topics over time  to demonstrate the prevalence of  the 'innocence frame' in news coverage of the death penalty. Linn has also written extensively on the nature of opinion data over time--especially the modeling of political partisanship and of consumer sentiment.

Please join the previously inducted fellows and me in congratulating Suzie.

Kevin Quinn
Professor of Law
UC Berkeley School of Law
490 Simon #7200