From:
Donald Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2009 12:11:14 -0500
Chris and John,

Thanks for your note, which gives an eloquent summary of the intellectual
depth and breadth of the subject of causal inference.  The Program
Committee, as you suggest, plans to interpret this theme broadly to
include a range of topics that have historically been central at PolMeth
meetings: identification, estimation, research design, data collection,
and interpretation.  We welcome papers that present formal analyses and/or
empirical applications.  Without prejudging which topics authors care to
address, examples might include matching, meta analysis, randomization
inference, instrumental variables, panel analysis, experimental design,
replication, mediation, sampling, to name a few.

We also welcome submissions on topics unrelated to causal inference.  We
promise to do all we can to fit every strong proposal into the conference
schedule.

Don