From:
Adam Joseph Ramey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2015 11:15:54 +0400
Hi all,

The *Center for Interdisciplinary Studies in Security and Privacy *at NYU
Abu Dhabi (CRISSP-AD) is looking for postdocs. We are interested in folks
whose work is interdisciplinary in nature and, as such, we are open to
candidates from the quantitative social sciences, computer science, and
engineering. While specific expertise is open, the ideal candidate will
have a research interest in work related to privacy, cybersecurity, and/or
their impact on contemporary society.

To apply, follow this link:
https://www.nyuopsearch.com/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jsp.
The full job advertisement is listed below.

If you have questions about this position, feel free to let me know.

Best,
Adam

---

New York University Abu Dhabi established the *Center for Interdisciplinary
Studies in Security and Privacy *(CRISSP-AD) in 2011 to meet the growing
challenges that are faced in securing networked information technology
systems that have become pervasive and address broader political, economic
and policy issues that help understand and mitigate cyber risk. The goal of
CRISSP-AD is to bring together a cadre of technologists and scientists who
model integration of technical, legal, financial, and psychological aspects
to develop secure, reliable, and practical solutions to meet the
information security and privacy challenges in today's interconnected world.

Currently CRISSP-AD has over half a dozen faculty and several researchers
who are focusing on a variety of cutting edge research projects, and the
center is seeking outstanding postdoctoral candidates to join our team to
further support its research activities.  The areas of expertise aimed at,
but not limited to, are: cyber threat intelligence and network analytics;
hardware and critical-infrastructure security; and user-centric security.
Candidates must hold (or be close to completing) a Ph.D. in Computer
Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering or quantitative social
sciences. PhD holders with a strong publication record and hands-on skills
are encouraged to apply.

New York University has established itself as a Global Network University,
a multisite, organically connected network encompassing key global cities
and idea capitals. The network has three foundational degree-granting
campuses: New York, Abu Dhabi, and Shanghai, complemented by a network of
over 15 research and study-away sites across five continents. Faculty and
students will circulate within the network in pursuit of common research
interests and cross-cultural, interdisciplinary endeavors, both local and
global.

Entering its fifth year, NYU Abu Dhabi has recruited a cohort of faculty
who are at once distinguished in their research and teaching. Our students
are drawn from around the world and surpass all traditional recruitment
benchmarks, both US and global. NYU Abu Dhabi's highly selective liberal
arts enterprise is complemented by an institute for advanced research,
sponsoring cutting-edge projects across the Arts, Humanities, Social
Sciences, Sciences, and Engineering.

Applications will be accepted immediately and candidates will be considered
on a rolling basis. To be

considered, all applicants need to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae,
and a statement of research

interests, all in PDF format to [log in to unmask] Please visit our center's
website at http://nyuad.nyu.edu/crissp-ad
<http://nyuad.nyu.edu/en/research/nyuad-institute/institute-research/crissp-ad.html>
for further information.

The terms of employment are competitive and include relocation, housing and
educational subsidies for children. Please note that UAE does not levy
income tax.

NYU Abu Dhabi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.

--
Adam Ramey, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Politics

Saadiyat Island
Social Sciences Building (A5) - Room 141
PO Box 129188
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Office: +971 2 628 5036
Cell: +971 56 194 5001
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Website: http://www.adamramey.com

N.B. Abu Dhabi is EST+8 from April-October and EST+9 from November-March.