From:
"Bisbee, James H" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Bisbee, James H
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2024 00:53:24 +0000
Hello

Due to a technical error, the old SoWEPS email address is no longer accessible. **If you have already submitted, please forward the email to [log in to unmask]**. We apologize for the inconvenience, and have extended the deadline to January 26th, with the announcement of accepted papers moved to February 1st.

The full updated call for proposals is provided below:

The SoWEPS-6 workshop organizers invite submissions of (1) completed papers, and (2) detailed research designs. Graduate students and faculty (esp. junior faculty) are both encouraged to submit their work. Priority will be given to graduate students on the job market. We anticipate having 4-5 papers presented during the plenary sessions. In addition, applicants whose proposals are not accepted to the main agenda are invited to participate in a poster session during the happy hour.

The submission deadline for SoWEPS-6 has been extended January 26, 2024. Please email submissions to [log in to unmask] with the subject line "SoWEPS Submission.” In the email please detail your institution, position, and whether you will be on the job market next year (grad students only).

In line with the workshop's mission to support rigorous and creative empirically-focused research in the comparative politics and international relations fields, priority will be given to submissions that use or propose innovative methods or innovative types of data.  We are particularly interested in work that is pushing the frontier of both empirical causal work (field experiments, natural/quasi-experimental methods, etc.) as well as the frontier of empirical descriptive or predictive work (machine learning, text analysis, etc.). We also invite submissions utilizing new types of data (novel administrative data, remote-sensed data, historical data) and beyond.

As a workshop that is feedback-focused, we prefer the submission of completed papers that have not already passed through review at a journal.  However, work that is having trouble finding a home in a journal is still very welcome.

Key SoWEPS-6 (Spring 2024) Dates:
January 26, 2024: Submission deadline for completed papers or completed detailed research designs
February 1, 2024: Announcement of the accepted papers and program
March 1, 2024: Final papers are due from program participants for circulation
March 22, 2024: SoWEPS-6 Conference occurs in person

SoWEPS-6 Conveners: Jim Bisbee (Vanderbilt University), Renard Sexton (Emory)