From:
Karen Long Jusko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:43:38 -0500
Presenting Data and Information
A One-Day Course Taught by Edward Tufte

Arlington, Virginia
Monday, May 22, 2006

A small group of advanced political science graduate students and junior
faculty are planning to attend this session of the course, and thought
some PolMeth members might be interested in joining us.

Topics covered include:
- fundamental strategies of information design
- statistical data: tables, graphics, and semi-graphics
- complexity and clarity
- effective presentations: on paper and in person
- use of video, overheads, computers, and handouts
- scientific visualizations
- design of computer interfaces and manuals

The fee for the one-day course is $360 per person, or $180 for registered
students. This fee includes all three of Tufte's books, Visual
Explanations, Envisioning Information, and The Visual Display of Quantitative
Information, and the 15" x 22" Napoleon's March poster.

>> If we can get together a group of 10 or more, we will receive a 25%
    discount.

If you would like to register as part of our group, please send a quick
note to Karen Jusko, [log in to unmask], or Hans Noel, [log in to unmask]
Also, if you have attended an earlier session of the course, we'd be
glad to hear your thoughts on the experience.

Cheers,
Karen