From:
Rose De Geus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 2021 16:58:51 +0000
Dear PolMeth community,

Please find below a call for papers for a panel proposal for the European Conference on Politics & Gender (ECPG) in July 2022. We are interested in papers focused on sexism and elections (broadly defined) including any proposals related to the measurement of sexism and sexist attitudes.

Call for papers ECPG (6-8 July 2022) for a panel proposal on “Sexism and Elections”

A growing body of research shows that sexism matters for political behaviour and electoral outcomes. Existing research has predominantly focused on the 2016 U.S. Presidential election, but recent work suggests that sexist attitudes are also important for voting behaviour even if gender appears less electorally salient, such as in the UK. To build on this emerging area of scholarship, and to explore the role of sexism in elections in a variety of contexts, we are looking to put together a panel for ECPG 2022 (6-8 July 2022, University of Ljubljana) on sexism and how it relates to political behaviour and outcomes.  We are interested in papers exploring the role of sexism (broadly defined) in understanding voting behaviour, candidate or issue preferences, political attitudes, and other important political outcomes. We are open to any geographic focus, including comparative work. We welcome both quantitative and qualitative work, as well as papers focused on the measurement of sexism. We are seeking to create a panel of 4-5 papers. Anyone interested please contact Rose de Geus on: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by 1st December

Panel organizers: Rose de Geus (University of Reading); Elizabeth Ralph-Morrow (King’s College London); Rosalind Shorrocks (University of Manchester)

Dr. Rose de Geus

Lecturer Comparative Politics

Department of Politics & International Relations

University of Reading

Room 403 Edith Morley Building

Office hours Tuesday 3-4pm & Thursday 2-3pm