From:
Anja Neundorf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2021 10:24:21 +0000
Webinar series:

Using Facebook as a Research Tool

Are you looking for inexpensive ways to get access to research participants from across the world, incl. hard-to-reach populations (e.g. refugees, specific occupational groups, etc)? Would you like to conduct field experiments via social media? Given the increasing interest among scholars in using Facebook as a research tool, we are organizing a free webinar series, where we will share how to use Facebook advertisement tools for social research.

Each session will provide a short overview of the research findings of the presenters on the topic of the session. Most of the session will then focus on practical implementations on Facebook. The session will end with a Q&A to give participants the opportunity to ask questions. Sessions will start at 15h (GMT) and last 1h. More info about each session is available on our website<https://www.gla.ac.uk/research/az/democracyresearch/datamethods/facebookasaresearchtool/>.

Session 1 (Nov 16) - Recruitment of Research Participants I - Intro to the Facebook Ads Manager & campaign objectives (Anja Neundorf and Aykut Ozturk, University of Glasgow)

Session 2 (Nov 23) - Recruitment of Research Participants II - Targeting and advertisement content (Anja Neundorf and Aykut Ozturk, University of Glasgow)

Session 3 (Nov 30) – Using Facebook to recruit hard-to-reach populations (Steffen Pötzschke, GESIS)

Session 4 (Dec 7) – Using Facebook to implement field experiments (Florian Foos, LSE)

Registration: In order to attend any of sessions, you need to register using this link<https://uofglasgow.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYlduGhrz4sEtJOq3lLeWbMgKxMD0zLuk8i>. If you have any questions, you can send an e-mail to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Kind regards,

Anja

---

Professor Anja Neundorf

Professor of Politics and Research Methods

School of Social and Political Sciences<https://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/socialpolitical/>

Adam Smith Building

University of Glasgow

Associate Editor Political Science Research and Methods<https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/political-science-research-and-methods> (PSRM)

Associate Member Nuffield College<https://www.nuffield.ox.ac.uk>, University of Oxford

Phone:     +44 (0)141 330 3144

Personal Website: http://www.aneundorf.net <http://www.aneundorf.net>

ERC-CoG-project (2020-2025): Democracy under Threat - How Education can Save it<https://www.gla.ac.uk/research/az/democracyresearch/> (DEMED)

   Editors:  Dominique Lockett and Luwei Ying