From:
"Leiter, Debra L." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Leiter, Debra L.
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 2022 22:13:58 +0000
Hello everyone,

UMKC is hiring and we would love to have you join us!  We are hiring for two positions, an endowed chair (associate or full) and an NTT teaching position.  Descriptions of both positions are found below.  If you have any questions, please let me know.
N. Royall Endowed Associate Professor or Professor

University of Missouri-Kansas City <https://umkc.edu/> has begun its search for the Norman Royall Endowed Chair at the rank of Associate or Full.  This position seeks to recognize and reward excellence in research, with a particular emphasis in quantitative data analysis and/or data science and a record of extramural research funding.

This is a social science search, and expertise in any of the social science field (political science, public policy, economics, criminal justice and criminology, sociology, and communications and journalism, or a related field) are welcome.  We are fully open to any subfield, although any interdisciplinary research involving public health, public policy, sustainability, or other scientific fields is welcome.  The department and tenure home of the faculty will be the department of expertise, as would any teaching expectations.

We would love to have a member of the Polmeth community join us.    While the search is across disciplines, political scientists would particularly fit well for the position, and we have one of the fastest growing majors on campus.

UMKC is a urban research university with a collegial and effective faculty, an engaged and diverse student body, and located in a growing, affordable, and exciting city<https://www.kcur.org/arts-life/2016-01-21/new-to-kansas-city-guide-things-to-do-best-food>.

I have linked to the official description of the job, which can also be found on APSAjobs. If you have a question about the position, please reach out to me, the political science representative on the committee, or the search chair, Beth Vonnahme, at: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
https://erecruit.umsystem.edu/psp/tamext/KCITY/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&SiteId=8&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=8&JobOpeningId=44113&PostingSeq=1

NTT Teaching Position in UMKC Honors College

Our Honors Program<https://honors.umkc.edu/> at the University of Missouri-Kansas City <https://umkc.edu/> is searching for an Assistant Teaching Professor (NTT). This is a great position for anyone interested in teaching. The position would teach four undergraduate courses per semester, emphasizing classes for our honors students.  Course would include general education courses in the social and behavioral sciences, an honors senior thesis practicum, and a series of courses<https://honors.umkc.edu/academics/course-descriptions/> on social scientific topics, ranging from social justice, environmental sustainability, to leadership and ethics (chosen by the faculty member).  The job calls for an expert in one of the social and behavioral sciences, and I believe a political scientist would be an excellent fit for the program and the university.

I have linked to the official description of the job. If you have a question about the position, please have them reach out to me, the political science representative on the committee, or the search chair, Gayle Levy, the head of the honors program: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Honors is a tight knit and excellent group of faculty, and political science is one of the fastest growing majors on campus. We hope that one of your graduate students would like to join our community.  We are a friendly and outgoing university in an interesting and affordable city, and we would love to bring in a new colleague interested in teaching the best and the brightest in Kansas City.

https://erecruit.umsystem.edu/psc/tamext/KCITY/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&SiteId=8&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=8&JobOpeningId=43202&PostingSeq=1&

Thank you,

Debra

Debra Leiter, Ph.D.