From:
Justin Gross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2021 20:50:04 +0000
Colleagues and friends,

We're excited to announce that the Data Analytics and Computational Social Science Program (DACSS) at UMass Amherst is hiring a Lecturer in Computational Social Science, to start Fall 2021. You can find the full job ad here<https://careers.umass.edu/amherst/en-us/job/508100/dacss-lecturer-100>.

This is a one-year position, with the expectation of renewal for a two-year reappointment based on the candidate’s performance. As you will see in the ad, this temporary position is a bit of a hybrid of typical VAP and post-doc opportunities, incorporating the best elements of each.

The successful candidate will teach three courses per academic year on introductory or more advanced subjects in CSS (e.g., statistical models and methods, statistical programming, machine learning for social sciences, text-as-data, social network analysis, measurement, survey design and sampling, experiments, digital humanities, data analytics for social good) and will receive substantial instructional support. They'll also have the opportunity to collaborate on manuscripts and funded research proposals, and will receive support for professional development.

In short, this is a fantastic position, and we're looking forward to bringing in a great colleague to join our research and teaching community. Anyone who has questions can contact me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or the search committee chair, Doug Rice, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

 Review of applications will begin June 11th, 2021.

Best,

Justin

Justin H Gross

Associate Professor of Political Science & Legal Studies

Data Analytics & Computational Social Science (DACSS)

University of Massachusetts Amherst

   Editors:  Dominique Lockett and Luwei Ying