From:
Gregory Huber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2022 09:25:53 -0500
Dear Colleagues,

There is a new post-doctoral fellowship opportunity at Yale. Yale's
Institution for Social and Policy Studies is starting a new program,
Democratic Innovations. This program aims to serve as a center for
producing and evaluating new ideas for representation and governance,
with a special emphasis on the causes of policy inefficiency and
political failures, and how different systems of representation affect
government performance. The program is still taking shape and the scope
is broad. Theoretical analysis of government performance or voting
systems, how to measure government performance, how technology is
changing the feasible approaches to voting, participation, and
accountability, experimental evaluations of representation and
policy-making processes, historical studies of STV or cumulative voting,
etc. etc. etc.: all are welcome!

We expect to award two or more post-docs. We will begin to review
applications after February 1 and intend to continue reviewing
applications until the positions are filled. The ad and link to the
application portal is here:

Democratic Innovations Fellowship | Institution for Social and Policy
Studies (yale.edu) <https://isps.yale.edu/democratic-innovations-fellowship>

We also have some funds to host short term faculty visitors working on
topics relevant to the program's mission. If you are interested in
spending time in New Haven working and engaging in discussions of your
research and related work, please send a brief letter of interest to Pam
Greene ([log in to unmask]).

If you have any further questions, please email me.

Happy Holidays and Very Best, Alan

--

Alan S. Gerber

Director, Institution for Social and Policy Studies

Charles C. and Dorothea S Dilley Professor of Political Science