From:
Jonathan Nagler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2021 21:12:05 -0700
Dear Political Methodologists,

The 38th annual meeting of the Political Methodology Society will take place July 13 - July 16, 2021, noon to 6pm east coast time (GMT -5), online - hosted in virtual space by New York University. The meeting is the premier venue to get feedback from scholars on their work in political methodology.  Past meetings have showcased the latest advances in the field.

Applications are now being accepted for paper proposals, posters, and other forms of participation.

Advanced graduate students are encouraged to submit posters.

The Political Methodology Society is committed to diversity and inclusion, and actively works to increase the diversity of our subfield and reach out to people from under-represented groups.  We welcome applicants of all identities and backgrounds.

If you would like to participate, please submit a proposal by April 9, 2021. This is a firm deadline, it will not be extended and late applicants will not be considered.  We hope to have the program set and invitations out by the end of April.

IF YOU ARE A GRADUATE STUDENT: Your application must be supported by a faculty recommendation.  These recommendations are submitted through a webform and must be completed by the application deadline (April 9). They are typically 2 to 4 paragraphs in length and discuss the student's poster proposal, methodological training, and any other information that would be relevant for the Graduate Student Selection Committee. We strongly encourage you to give your recommenders as much advance notice as possible, and inform them of the March 15 deadline.

The Society requires that all participants acknowledge and follow the Code of Conduct at SPM Events to ensure a harassment-free environment at the meeting. If you are invited to participate, you will be asked to confirm your agreement in the registration form. You can read the Code of Conduct on the SPM's website:

http://bit.ly/methodology_society_code_of_conduct

APPLICATION FORM:  https://nyu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_a5laCRaNG5EgOoe <https://nyu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_a5laCRaNG5EgOoe>
For additional info (available shortly):  https://wp.nyu.edu/polmeth2021/

Please share this announcement with anyone you think may be interested.

We look forward to seeing many of you this summer.

Jonathan Nagler
For the local host committee (Neal Beck, Jonathan Nagler, Cyrus Samii, and Arthur Spirling)

Sponsors: NSF, NYU Politics Department, NYU Center for Data Science, NYU Center for Social Media and Politics.

Professor, Department of Politics
Affiliated Faculty - Data Science
Co-Director, NYU Center for Social Media and Politics

Jonathan Nagler					[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Department of Politics				Voice (o):
19 West 4th Street - Room 307 		       	Twitter: @Jonathan_Nagler
New York University                             http://as.nyu.edu/politics/directory.jonathan-nagler.html <http://as.nyu.edu/politics/directory.jonathan-nagler.html>
New York, NY 10012-1119				https://csmapnyu <https://csmapnyu/>.org