From:
Aaron Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Aaron Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2022 09:13:16 +0400
Dear all,

The Division of Social Science at New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) is
inviting applications for a tenured or tenure-track position in
Computational Social Science. We will consider applicants with an active
research agenda in any area of computational social science, including but
not limited to “big data” collection, management, and visualization;
natural language processing and machine learning; network analysis;
simulations and advanced statistical methods for descriptive and causal
inference in the social sciences. We are especially interested in scholars
who work effectively in multidisciplinary teams and environments.

NYUAD is a research university with a liberal arts college for
undergraduates, and both MSc and PhD programs. This position features a
standard teaching load of three courses per year, offers *extemely*
generous compensation and research support, and comprises a wonderful group
of young, talented colleagues.

I am on the search committee and am eager to receive applications from
scholars who study political methodology or empirical political science
more broadly!

Sincerely,
Aaron
--
Aaron R. Kaufman, PhD
NYU Abu Dhabi

==========================

*Position Description*The Division of Social Science at New York University
Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) is inviting applications from for a tenured or
tenure-track position in Computational Social Science. Your tenure home
would be in the program in the Division of Social Science closest to your
training. We will consider applicants with an active research agenda in any
area of computational social science, including but not limited to “big
data” collection, management, and visualization; natural language
processing and machine learning; network analysis; simulations and advanced
statistical methods for descriptive and causal inference in the social
sciences. We are especially interested in scholars who work effectively in
multidisciplinary teams and environments. All candidates should demonstrate
important contributions to their area of research. This position features a
standard teaching load of three courses per year.

*About NYU Abu Dhabi*
Established in partnership between New York University (NYU) and the
emirate of Abu Dhabi, over the last decade, NYUAD has assembled a
remarkable community of scholars, students, researchers, artists,
inventors, and others who have contributed to the growth of the UAE’s
capital as a global hub of knowledge and culture while establishing a new
model of higher education for today’s complex world.

NYUAD is animated by inspiring and diverse faculty, students, and staff
working together in an exciting and dynamic city. As an international
center of excellence in teaching and research, our goal is to attract
outstanding faculty who are leaders in their fields, encouraging them to
create programs that draw outstanding students and provide an
intellectually rich environment.

NYUAD students come from more than 126 countries, with no single
nationality exceeding more than 15 percent of the total student population.
Likewise, our over 320 faculty members represent more than 45 nationalities
and bring a global perspective to their classrooms and research projects.
NYUAD is committed to building and strengthening a university-wide culture
of inclusion, diversity, belonging and equity (IDBE), which is fundamental
to the University’s commitment to excellence. Visit our website for more
information on NYUAD’s commitment to IDBE and how these values are
fundamental to our mission.

Students are drawn from among the world’s best. They are bright,
intellectually passionate, and committed to building a campus environment
anchored in mutual respect, understanding, and care. The NYUAD
undergraduate student body has garnered an impressive record of
scholarships, graduate-school admissions, and other global honors. Graduate
education is an area of growth for the University; the current graduate
student population of over 100 students is expected to expand in the next
decade as we develop new graduate programs.

*Working for NYUAD*
At NYUAD, we recognize that Abu Dhabi is more than where you work; it’s
your home. In order for faculty to thrive, we offer a comprehensive
benefits package. This starts with a generous relocation allowance;
educational assistance for your dependents; access to health and wellness
services; and more. NYUAD is committed to faculty success throughout the
academic trajectory, providing support for ambitious and world-class
research projects and innovative, interactive teaching approaches. Support
for dual-career families is a priority. Visit our website for more
information on benefits for you and your dependents.