From:
"Lee, Young-Im" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Lee, Young-Im
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2022 21:50:07 +0000
Hi all - this is a reminder that the SWMMR proposal deadline is Monday, May 2, 2022. Please see below.

****

We invite you to submit your paper proposal to the Seventh Annual Southwest Workshop on Mixed Methods Research (SWMMR). We will meet on October 27-28, 2022 at the University of Notre Dame.

The annual workshop will include several panels of scholars who will present and discuss article- or chapter-length works in progress that either (a) utilize mixed methods in substantive social science research or (b) contribute to the methodology of mixed-method research. Participants will receive critical feedback from senior scholars as well as feedback from the other participants.

Confirmed Distinguished Scholars for 2022 include Rachel Sweet, Abby Cordova, Aníbal Pérez Liñán, Jaimie Bleck, Gary Goertz (all at the University of Notre Dame), Sarah Gershon (Georgia State University), and J. Jarpa Dawuni (Howard University).

We especially encourage paper proposals from graduate students in their last year and early career professors at the Assistant or Associate rank. Additionally, we are committed to fostering diversity in the field of methodology and strongly encourage submissions from individuals who identify with underrepresented groups.

There is no conference fee. Meals, coffee, and snacks are provided for free. Participants will cover travel and hotel costs. SWMMR may help cover those costs as well; we will do the best we can.

To apply, please visit our website, https://swmixedmethods.com/submissions/ and submit your proposal by May 2, 2022.

Organizing committee: Marissa Brookes (UC-Riverside), Jennifer Cyr (Universidad Torcuato di Tella), Laura García Montoya (Universidad del Rosario), Young-Im Lee (California State University-Sacramento), Sara Niedzwiecki (UC-Santa Cruz), Nicholas Weller (UC-Riverside)