From:
"Whitten, Guy D" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Whitten, Guy D
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 2022 18:20:19 +0000
Dear Polmeth members,
The Department of Political Science at Texas A&M is seeking applications for 5 positions, 4 tenure-track Assistant Professors and 1 for a tenured/tenure-track Associate/senior Assistant Professor.  We welcome applications from political methodologists.  Please note that both jobs have September 30th listed as the date on which we will start considering applications, but we welcome and will review applications submitted after that date until these positions are filled.  Here are the ads:

The Department of Political Science, Bush School of Government & Public Service at Texas A&M University is recruiting for four tenure-track (Assistant Professor) positions that are open with respect to subfield. These are for a full-time, nine-month positions. Successful candidates will be expected to carry out a vigorous program of research and actively contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching.  Strong research and teaching interests that cut across traditional subfields of political science will be highly valued.  Ph.D. required.  The starting date for this position is fall 2023. This position requires a Ph.D. in political science or a related field. All appointee are expected to be committed to teaching and research of the highest quality. Interested applicants must apply through the Texas A&M University faculty job board hosted by Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/112060 <http://apply.interfolio.com/112060> and upload the following: 1) letter of interest (referencing research agenda, past or planned contributions to advancing diversity, and teaching interests), 2) curriculum vitae, 3) graduate school transcripts, 4) any available teaching evaluations, 5) writing sample, and 6) three confidential letters of recommendation requested through applicant's Interfolio account. Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Our review of applications will begin on September 30, 2022 and will continue until the positions are filled. Questions regarding this position should be sent to Carrie Kilpatrick at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.

The Department of Political Science at Texas A&M University is recruiting for a tenured/tenure-track (Associate or Assistant Professor) position that is open with respect to subfield. This is a full-time, nine-month appointment.  Successful candidates will be expected to carry out a vigorous program of research and actively contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching.  Strong research and teaching interests that cut across traditional subfields of political science will be highly valued.  Ph.D. required.  The starting date for this position is fall 2023. This position requires a Ph.D. in political science or a related field. All appointee are expected to be committed to teaching and research of the highest quality. Interested applicants must apply through the Texas A&M University faculty job board hosted by Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/112057 and upload the following: 1) letter of interest (referencing research agenda, past or planned contributions to advancing diversity, and teaching interests), 2) curriculum vitae, 3) graduate school transcripts, 4) any available teaching evaluations, 5) writing sample, and 6) three confidential letters of recommendation requested through applicant's Interfolio account. Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Our review of applications will begin on September 30, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled. Questions regarding this position should be sent to Carrie Kilpatrick at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.

All best,
--Guy

Dr. Guy D. Whitten
Interim Department Head