From:
Anja Neundorf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 12:09:58 +0000
[Apologies for cross-posting. Please share with suitable candidates.]

Dear colleagues,

I would like to draw your attention to two postdoc positions based at the University of Glasgow, which I am hiring as part of my ERC-funded project “Democracy under Threat: How Education can Save it” (DEMED). DEMED is to introduce a new paradigm to study the process of democratisation and autocratisation, answering two main research questions: 1) What is the origin of popular demand for democracy or autocracy? And 2) What are the solutions to build more resilient democratic societies? To answer the second question, DEMED will use randomised controlled trials to assess the impact of civic education programmes, delivered online through social media. The study will have a global perspective with an in-depth case study of Turkey. You can find out more about the project (including the proposal and a podcast) here: www.aneundorf.net/erc-project-demed<http://www.aneundorf.net/erc-project-demed/>.

The positions are initially for two years with an option to be extended. The start date is 1 September (or soon after) and work can be started remotely.

What I am looking for: Candidates should have a PhD (or close to graduation) in Political Science, Economics, Sociology or Education and have a comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of current issues and future directions within the wider subject of any of the following fields: democracy, authoritarianism, civic education, social media research, comparative public opinion, indoctrination, or Turkish politics. Furthermore, very good knowledge of the principles and methods of quantitative social science research and of R or Stata is required.

More details on the positions and how to apply can be found here: https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/CAJ898/research-associate

The deadline for applications is July 16, 2020. Interviews will be held in the last week of July. For more information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me.

Kind regards,

Anja

---

Professor Anja Neundorf

Professor of Politics and Research Methods

School of Social and Political Sciences<https://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/socialpolitical/>

Adam Smith Building (Office: 1201)

University of Glasgow

Director of Postgraduate Research Training (Glasgow Graduate School of Social Sciences<https://www.gla.ac.uk/colleges/socialsciences/graduateschool/>)

Associate Editor Political Science Research and Methods<https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/political-science-research-and-methods> (PSRM)

Associate Member Nuffield College<https://www.nuffield.ox.ac.uk>  University of Oxford

Phone:     +44 (0)141 330 3144

Personal Website: http://www.aneundorf.net <http://www.aneundorf.net>

New ERC-project (2020-2025): Democracy under Threat - How Education can Save it<http://www.aneundorf.net/erc-project-demed/> (DEMED)

   Editor:  Erin Rossiter  <[log in to unmask]>