From:
Anja Neundorf <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Anja Neundorf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2022 09:41:36 +0000
Dear colleagues,

We are delighted to announce the Spring 2022 sessions of our webinar series "Facebook as a Research Tool”. From 22 March to April 12, we will organise three webinars in which researchers from universities and Meta will explain how Facebook and affiliated social media websites under Meta can be used for research purposes. Our sessions will last for 1 hour, and they will all include Q&A.

Below, you can find the list of Spring 2022 series. Importantly, you need to register for each of these sessions separately. For more information, visit: https://www.gla.ac.uk/research/az/democracyresearch/datamethods/facebookasaresearchtool/webinarseries/#

Everyone is welcome! We are looking forward to seeing you!

Anja Neundorf

Aykut Ozturk

SESSION 1: March 22, 15h (GMT):  Highs and lows of using Facebook to recruit hard-to-reach groups for research (Aneta Piekut - University of Sheffield, Anna Gawlewicz - University of Glasgow)

CLICK FOR THE REGISTRATION LINK FOR THIS SESSION!<https://uofglasgow.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_0y5WTaOIQAWbuow1Zoi37w>

  *   Combining Facebook Ads recruitment with other Facebook- and social-media based recruitment techniques (e.g. stakeholders promoting our survey on their social media)

  *   Facebook Ad Campaign structure: direct targeting options and its limitations for studying Polish migrant essential workers

  *   Indirect recruitment through ad design (Polish language, ad wording and photos) and its reception among the Facebook population

  *   Facebook Ad Campaign performance across 6 ad sets (reach, impressions, clicks and valid survey responses)

  *   Reaching even 'harder-to-reach': sampling in England vs. sampling the rest of the UK (Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales)

  *   Managing gender sampling bias and its effect on sample quality

  *   What would we have done differently? Challenges and key lessons.

SESSION 2: April 5, 16:30h (BST):  Title TBC (Christina Fan, Meta)

CLICK FOR THE REGISTRATION LINK FOR THIS SESSION!<https://uofglasgow.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_y_7Vc8pvQQu9HjuIlyC4xA>

  *   To be announced later

SESSION 3: April 12, 15h (BST):  Tapping into Facebook’s Advertising Audience Estimates (Ingmar G. Weber, Qatar Computing Research Institute)

CLICK FOR THE REGISTRATION LINK FOR THIS SESSION!<https://uofglasgow.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_fdQ-4EHYRcK398zBxBjwow>

  *   Accessing audience estimates through the Facebook Graph API

  *   Using FB audience estimates to now-cast stocks of migrants

  *   Using FB audience estimates to track digital gender gaps

  *   Using FB audience estimates to map poverty

  *   Methods for dealing with selection bias in the FB audience estimates

Kind regards,

Anja

---

Professor Anja Neundorf

Professor of Politics and Research Methods

School of Social and Political Sciences<https://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/socialpolitical/>

Adam Smith Building

University of Glasgow

Associate Editor Political Science Research and Methods<https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/political-science-research-and-methods> (PSRM)

Associate Member Nuffield College<https://www.nuffield.ox.ac.uk>, University of Oxford

Phone:     +44 (0)141 330 3144

Personal Website: http://www.aneundorf.net <http://www.aneundorf.net>

ERC-CoG-project (2020-2025): Democracy under Threat - How Education can Save it<https://www.gla.ac.uk/research/az/democracyresearch/> (DEMED)

   Editors:  Dominique Lockett and Luwei Ying