From:
Amy Yang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Amy Yang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2023 13:08:02 -0500
Dear all,

Hope your semester is going well. I want to share information on two event
series we are organizing in 2023. First, we are launching a new online
*Workshop
on Advanced Research Methods <https://www.starflame.org/warm>* that is free
and open to the public. The first talk *Causal Network Analysis* is
scheduled on February 23. Second, we will offer a series of *Short Courses
on Advanced Research Methods <https://www.starflame.org/training>* that can
provide the most cutting-edge, efficient, and affordable training in
advanced research methods (Early registration ends by May 1, 2023).

I include more details about these two event series below and also in the
attachment. Please share the information widely and feel free to contact me
for any questions.

<https://www.starflame.org/training>

*Workshop on Advanced Research Methods* <http://www.starflame.org/warm>
Sharing innovations or innovative uses of research methods, Thursdays
8:30-9:30 pm (US ET)
Zoom Meeting ID: 973 6768 9353; Passcode: warm.

1.     Feb 23, Causal Network Analysis, Weihua An <http://www.weihuaan.net/>,
Emory University

2.     Mar 23, Bayesian Analysis: An Overview, Jun Xu
<https://www.bsu.edu/academics/collegesanddepartments/sociology/about/faculty-staff/xujun>,
Ball State University

3.     Apr 20, Structural Equation Models: Applications and Frontiers, Shawn
Bauldry <https://www.cla.purdue.edu/directory/profiles/shawn-bauldry.html>,
Purdue University

4.     Sep 21, Sequence Analysis: Past, Present, and Future, Tim Liao
<https://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/sociology/people/faculty/liao.php>,

5.     Oct 19, Machine Learning for Social Science, Ian Lundberg
<https://www.ianlundberg.org/>, Cornell University

6.     Nov 17, Text Analysis for Social Science, Ana Macanovic
<https://amacanovic.github.io/>, Utrecht University

*Short Courses on Advanced Research Methods*
<https://www.starflame.org/training>

Three-day livestreaming seminars (2.5 hours per day), early-bird
registration by May 1, 2023

1.     June 2-4, Bayesian Analysis
<https://www.starflame.org/training/bayesian-analysis>, Jun Xu
<https://www.bsu.edu/academics/collegesanddepartments/sociology/about/faculty-staff/xujun>
, Ball State University

2.     June 26-28, Causal Inference
<https://www.starflame.org/training/causal-inference>, Weihua An
<http://www.weihuaan.net/>, Emory University

3.     July 24-26, Latent Growth Models
<https://www.starflame.org/training/lgm>, Shawn Bauldry
<https://www.cla.purdue.edu/directory/profiles/shawn-bauldry.html>, Purdue
University

4.     August 1-3, Structural Equation Models
<https://www.starflame.org/training/sem>, Shawn Bauldry
<https://www.cla.purdue.edu/directory/profiles/shawn-bauldry.html>, Purdue
University

5.     August 9-11, Network Analysis
<https://www.starflame.org/training/network-analysis>, Weihua An
<http://www.weihuaan.net/>, Emory University

6.     August 12-14, Categorical Data Analysis
<https://www.starflame.org/training/cda>, Jun Xu
<https://www.bsu.edu/academics/collegesanddepartments/sociology/about/faculty-staff/xujun>
, Ball State University

 Additional courses on Machine Learning, Text Analysis, Sequence Analysis,
Multilevel and Panel Data Analysis, Inequality Research Methods, and
Qualitative Methods are expected to be offered in the winter or soon.
Please contact us for details.

--
Best regards,

Amy
www.starflame.org

Twitter @starflameorg <https://twitter.com/starflameorg>
Email: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>