From:
Brad Gomez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2021 19:32:34 +0000
Colleagues,

The Department of Political Science (https://coss.fsu.edu/polisci/) in the College of Social Sciences & Public Policy at Florida State University seeks applications for a tenure track assistant professor to begin in Fall 2022. We seek candidates whose research focuses on institutions and political economy. The search is open with respect to the substantive subfield, and priority will be given to candidates who can add to the department's strength in formal theory and rigorous empirical analysis. Successful candidates are expected to pursue an active program of research and to contribute to the department's undergraduate and graduate game theory sequences.

Florida State University is a Carnegie Foundation classified Research I institution. Among its 44,000 students are over 10,000 graduate students pursuing over 200 programs of study. Tallahassee is Florida's capital and has a metropolitan population of over 385,000. Its principal employers are state government and three higher education institutions.

Applicants should submit (1) a letter of application indicating research and teaching interests, (2) a curriculum vitae, (3) writing samples, (4) three letters of recommendation, and (5) a graduate school transcript. All items must be submitted electronically. Send these files as separate email attachments (pdf's are expected) to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Review of applications will begin September 17, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.

Please feel free to contact me ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) or Prof. Christopher Reenock, Political Economy Search Committee Chair, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you have any questions about this position.

Florida State University is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. In particular, the College of Social Sciences & Public Policy seeks individuals dedicated to excellence in teaching and research with a strong commitment to equity and inclusiveness, reflective of the diversity of our student body. The successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace. FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf

Brad T. Gomez
Associate Professor and Chair
Department of Political Science
Florida State University