From:
Sarah Rende <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 2015 15:14:59 -0400
Hi!

I would love to post the information below (two job postings) to students
and alumni in your network. Let me know if you have questions or need more
information.

Thanks so much!

Sarah

*_________________________________________________*

*Role: *Data Analyst

*Hillary for America*

Our mission is to give every family, every small business, and every
American a path to lasting prosperity by electing Hillary Clinton as the
next President of the United States.  We are a driven team of passionate
people from across the country, working around the clock to achieve our
mission and put our country on the right path forward.

*Analytics Team Overview*

The HFA Analytics department analyzes the campaign’s data to guide
strategic decision-making and help optimize resources on the ground,
on-line, and on the air.

Our team’s work will be instrumental in helping the campaign determine
which voters to target for persuasion and turnout efforts, where to place
the most effective media buys, and how to design a compelling communication
strategy. By diving head-first into our massive data-sets, the Analytics
department will play a critical role in informing campaign strategy.

 *Role Overview & Day-to-Day*

We are looking for Data Analysts, at both the junior and senior levels, to
join our team through November 2016 at our Brooklyn, NY headquarters. The
Analyst will play a pivotal role in developing data-driven strategies for
key primary and battleground states. They will be responsible for designing
and building tools to guide strategies at all levels of the campaign. By
utilizing their statistical expertise, our Analysts will dissect large
datasets, synthesize results and present findings to team leaders.

 *Tasks & Responsibilities*

   - Provide analytical support and data-driven strategies to allocate
   campaign resources in key primary and battleground states
   -  Establish metrics and data reporting tools to assess performance of
   various campaign initiatives
   - Develop tools to assist in field, digital, communication, and
   fundraising operations
   - Create data visualizations to identify trends and forecast
   possibilities
   - Collaborate with team members to improve existing database structures

*Required Skills & Background*

   - BA/BS OR equivalent practical experience in an analytical setting
   - Experience with questionnaire and sample design, missing
   data/imputation, or manipulating large data sets preferred but not required.
   - Experience using various statistical or mapping software such as
   Excel, R, STATA, or Python
   - Strong verbal and written communication skills
   - Ability to work collaboratively in a group environment

*Application Instructions*

To be considered for this position, go to www.hillaryclinton.com/careers,
apply to work on the campaign, and select *Analytics* from the *Teams &
Functions* box when you submit your resume. Also email
[log in to unmask] to let them know that you have submitted
your application. The application process will consist of an initial
interview, a timed analytics exam, and a final interview with a team leader.

 *The Campaign is an equal opportunity employer. The Campaign believes
every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful
discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect,
and inclusion. Consistent with applicable federal, state and local
laws, the Campaign provides all employees and applicants with equal
opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship. This includes
employment decisions related to hiring, promotions, transfers, disciplinary
action, termination, and training.  *

*______________________________________________________*

*Role: *Data Scientist, Modeling Analyst, and Survey Methodologist

[...]

We are looking for Data Scientists, Modeling Analysts, and Survey
Methodologists to join our team through November 2016 at our Brooklyn, NY
headquarters. They will play a pivotal role in developing data-driven
strategies for key primary and battleground states. They will be
responsible for designing and building predictive models, field and digital
experiments, and research methods. By utilizing their statistical
expertise, they will dissect large datasets, synthesize results and present
findings to team leaders.

*Tasks & Responsibilities*

   - Build and validate predictive models for voter behavior to ensure
   efficient voter contact
   - Develop methods to help optimize fundraising outreach efforts
   - Design, implement, and analyze experiments across various campaign
   channels
   - Developing and improving campaign survey methodology
   -  Producing analyses to help the campaign allocate resource more
   efficiently
   - Mining text data to improve the campaign’s communication with voters

*Required Skills & Background*

   - BA/BS Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Machine
   Learning, Political Science or other technical fields (MS or PhD
   preferred); OR equivalent practical experience in an analytical setting
   - Expertise with any of the following: predictive analytics and
   modeling, survey methodology, causal inference, experimental design and
   analysis, independent research, text analysis/natural language processing
   or regression analysis
   - Expertise in various statistical packages such as R, STATA, Python,
   Weka, or Apache Spark
   - Experience with SQL queries and data visualization tools
   - Strong verbal and written communication skills
   - Ability to work collaboratively in a group environment

*Application Instructions*

To be considered for this position, go to www.hillaryclinton.com/careers,
apply to work on the campaign, and select *Data Science* from the *Teams &
Functions* box when you submit your resume. Also email
[log in to unmask] to let them know that you have submitted
your application. The application process will consist of an initial
interview, a timed data science exam, and an interview with the director of
the data science team.