From:
Justin Esarey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 2015 11:39:06 -0500
Hi everyone,

I'm working on planning the 2016 Annual Meeting at Rice University, and
it's been proposed that we consider hosting a set of pre-conference working
groups/workshops on the Wednesday before the main conference activities.
The idea would be for small groups organized around a common interest or
topic to meet that day to discuss the topic and collaborate on a common
work product (paper, edited volume, etc.).

I am writing to ask: is there interest in such an activity? If we decide to
go forward, we will need to have an application process and organized
sections, etc.. But at the moment I'd just like to informally gauge the
number of people who'd be interested in proposing/participating in such
working groups, before I move forward in trying to set something up in a
more formal way.

If this is the kind of thing you'd be interested in, privately drop me a
line ([log in to unmask]) to let me know.

-JEE

--

Dr. Justin Esarey
Assistant Professor of Political Science