From:
Paul Poast <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2017 17:35:27 +0000
Dear Colleagues,

Scott Bennett, Allan Stam, and I are pleased to announce the release of the NewGene software<http://www.newgenesoftware.org/>. This is the NSF funded update to the popular EuGene software<http://www.eugenesoftware.org/>.

To access the software, please visit

http://www.newgenesoftware.org/

Users familiar with EuGene will notice a number of changes to the software. Indeed, the look and feel of the software is quite different. To assist users (those familiar with EuGene and those who are not), we are providing the following materials:

1) A series of ``quick start'' guides: http://www.newgenesoftware.org/quick-start-guides/

2) A YouTube Channel with instructional videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/NewGeneDataMangement

3) An FAQ page: http://www.newgenesoftware.org/faq/

New features found in NewGene include:

- Ability to go beyond dyads by creating `k-adic' datasets.

- Substantially expanded collection of pre-loaded datasets (including IPE data and data on intra-state conflict).

- We offer a new way of conceptualizing decision making units that go beyond countries (e.g. leaders; organizations; etc.).

- Ability to work with more units of analysis, such as country-month; leader-year; etc.

- Ease the ability of users to add their own datasets.

- Available for BOTH Windows and Macs!

- For users still desiring to use NewGene to create the same dyadic datasets as found in EuGene, the software also includes ``classic'' collections of ``EuGene'' variables.

Please have a look!  Also, please feel free to share your comments/questions/suggestions (especially for additional datasets to pre-load in later versions) by sending an e-mail to [log in to unmask]

Best,

Paul

--
Paul Poast