From:
Kim Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2013 15:42:08 -0500
I am pleased to announce the availability for online viewing of a lecture
given at the Department of Political Science at Texas A&M University this
year in our lecture series "Discovery and Verification in Social and
Political Science:  New Perspectives on the Role of Research Methodology."
This series features prominent scholars lecturing on unusual research
challenges in our discipline and how we might overcome them.

Rick K. Wilson, holder of the Herbert S. Autrey Chair of Political Science
at Rice University presented this year the lecture, "Knowing When to Fold
'Em:  Abandoning Theoretical Constructs in the Face of Contrary Data."

The video of this lecture can be accessed online at
http://imedia.tamu.edu/mediamatrix.  On the web page that opens click on
"Your account can be accessed at.."   On the next page type:  Political
science in the SearchMediaMatrix window.  A list of videos linked to that
keyword will appear, and Wilson's will be at the top.  Clicking on the title
of a video will open a new screen that shows the lecture.  One must have an
up to date version of Adobe Flash Player, however, or the videos will not
open and play.

Kim Quaile Hill
Cullen-McFadden Professor of Political Science, and
Eppright Professor in Undergraduate Teaching Excellence
Department of Political Science
4348 TAMU
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-4348