From:
Stuart Shulman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2008 17:40:55 -0500
+ Are you sitting on a lot of text data?

+ Do have hundreds of pages? Or perhaps thousands?

+ Do you mine RSS feeds for plain text versions of blogs or websites?

+ Are you in possession of a vast listserv archive, or maybe the ENRON
emails?

+ Have you got 50-500 interviews or 10 focus groups with no concrete
technical plan for analysis?

+ Are you put off by the price, learning curve, or time costs associated
with COTs packages for qualitative data analysis?

If you answered yes to any of these, you might want to sign up for the
conference call/Web meeting I am hosting at 9:00 pm Sunday, February 17,
2008.  Yup, that's tomorrow night.

We have several spots still available. I will be training and consulting
with new users of CAT, the Coding Analysis Toolkit.
http://www.qdap.pitt.edu/cat.htm

This will be a mixture of online training and demonstration (participants
will see my desktop on their own computer), with opportunities to pose and
frame questions as they relate to your own data and research needs. There
are 15 seats at the online table. There will be simultaneous text chat and a
toll-free conference call number.

This session is free, as is the beta tester access to CAT. Registration in
advance is required. Please send me an email if you want one of the
remaining seats.

thanks,
~Stu