From:
David Hugh-Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:24:43 +0000
Hi Simon

I'm examining votes for competing citizens' initiatives on the same
underlying issue. My theory leads me to expect that YY voting will be
predictable by ideology - so for example, I would expect an ordering
like NN-NY-YY-YN along the scale of underlying ideal points. So this
is the model. I don't have a direct measure of ideal points, but I do
have demographics, party ID etc. that (I hope) will predict those
preferences. Does that help?

Cheers
David