From:
Martin Elff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2008 01:22:14 +0200
BTW, there has also been a package called "memisc" on CRAN for 15 months,
which also produces this kind of tables -- and tab-delimited tables that can
be included into M$-Word docs.

See http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/memisc/index.html
Also in this case: bug reports and suggestions are very welcome!

Cheers,

Martin

On Friday 22 August 2008 (21:43:19), Michael Malecki wrote:
> Polmeth --
>
> I'd like to announce an R package that automates the tedious process
> of making paper- and presentation-ready tables from R fitted model
> objects. In particular, apsrtable() formats latex tables from one or
> more model objects side-by-side with standard errors below and in
> parentheses, not unlike tables found in such journals as the American
> Political Science Review --hence the name.
>
> http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/apsrtable/index.html
> R> install.packages("apsrtable", type="source")
>
> I welcome error reports, improvements, contributions, etc.
>
> apsrtable accepts lm and glm objects with either the standard or user-
> supplied variance-covariance matrix, placing standard errors below
> coefficients and in parentheses; it adorns estimates with either one
> or multiple glittering stars and other symbols; and uses dcolumn to
> align output, with the pleasant side effect of math-mode for model
> output (no xtable $-$ negative signs!). Model naming is flexible,
> either auto-numbering with an adjustable counter, or using a vector of
> user-supplied names; selected coefficients can be omitted from the
> output; and the order of coefficients is determined by the models
> supplied and several options for processing them. The latex it
> produces is formatted to be legible in tex source. It also plays well
> with Sweave.
>
> I hope others some of you out there find this useful!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Michael Malecki
> PhD Candidate in Political Science
> Washington University in St Louis