Show Table of Contents

Ashley Leeds
Fri, 3 May 2024 10:22:19 -0500
The Department of Political Science at Rice University, located in
Houston, Texas, invites applications for a full-time, benefits-eligible,
non-tenure track Lecturer position. The start date of the position is
July 1, 2024. Candidates must currently have a Ph.D. or complete the
Ph.D. by July 1, 2024.

Lecturers are expected to teach undergraduate courses, be available to
meet with students during office hours, and contribute to a positive
department culture. The teaching load is 3-3 and the initial contract
is for two years. Applicants should be prepared to teach courses in
applied research methods plus courses in one or more of

[More ...]
No Replies
Rocio Titiunik
Thu, 2 May 2024 10:46:18 -0400
Princeton University's Initiative for Data-Driven Social Science (DDSS)
<https://ddss.princeton.edu/> invites applications for a Postdoctoral
Research Associate.

DDSS supports technical and methodological innovation in quantitative and
computational social science. Applicants must have (or expect to have) a
PhD in the social sciences, statistics, computer science, or related
fields, and their interests must fall at the technical forefront of
quantitative social science.

[More ...]
No Replies
Betsy Sinclair
Thu, 2 May 2024 08:00:00 -0500
The Society for Political Methodology (SPM) invites applications for the
editorship of Political Analysis (PA) with a two-year term beginning on
September 1, 2024. PA is an online-only journal that publishes peer
reviewed articles that provide original and significant advances in the
general area of political methodology, including both quantitative and
qualitative methodological approaches. It is the official journal of the
Society for Political Methodology and the Political Methodology Section of
the American Political Science Association. The journal receives over 200
submissions per year and is consistently ranked as one of the highest
impact political science journals. As of 2022,

[More ...]
No Replies
Graeme Blair
Tue, 30 Apr 2024 20:49:15 +0000
Dear colleagues,

I'm writing to share a two-year postdoc position to work with me and colleagues on a project at the UC Center for Effective Global Action on evidence aggregation from experiments on governance, development, and conflict.

Ad: https://cega.berkeley.edu/career/postdoc-impact-data-and-evidence-aggregation-library <https://cega.berkeley.edu/career/postdoc-impact-data-and-evidence-aggregation-library>
Submission details: https://cega.submittable.com/submit/294705/postdoc-impact-data-and-evidence-aggregation-library <https://cega.submittable.com/submit/294705/postdoc-impact-data-and-evidence-aggregation-library>
Deadline: open until filled
Start date: summer 2024

Please share with students who might be interested. Happy to answer questions!

[More ...]
No Replies
Alexander Podkul
Mon, 29 Apr 2024 18:53:28 -0400
Hi PolMeth community,

The Research Science group at Morning Consult is currently hiring for the
role of Research Scientist. The role is ideal for quantitative social
scientists with survey experience and an interest in working on
methodological projects leveraging online data collection. Feel free to
check out the full posting here:
https://jobs.lever.co/morningconsult/9ca052d4-560b-4d09-94a6-dff379fdba90

The Research Science team is part of the Strategy Division at Morning
Consult. We are a team of survey experts focused on developing
industry-leading practices for research methodology, sample quality and
survey design through primary research and experimentation. We consult with
internal and external stakeholders to develop complex

[More ...]
No Replies
Erik Beecroft
Mon, 29 Apr 2024 11:46:26 -0400
Please see the job listing below. If you have any questions, please feel
free to contact me.

Erik

Erik Beecroft
Methodologist
Virginia Joint Legislative Audit and Review Commission
<http://jlarc.virginia.gov/>
804-502-0603 (c) 804-371-4592 (o)

*Methodologist—starting salary **$120,000 to $150,000+** with upward
potential*

*Job role*

As the Chief Methodologist at the Virginia General Assembly’s research and
oversight agency, JLARC, you will consult and advise research teams on
technical aspects of research, ensuring rigor, objectivity, and quality.
You will meticulously review the research design and analysis approach for
5 to 8 major research projects each year. You will periodically do complex
quantitative

[More ...]
No Replies
BENOIT Cyril
Mon, 29 Apr 2024 06:25:08 +0000
Dear colleagues,

The Centre for European Studies and Comparative Politics at Sciences Po, Paris is recruiting a researcher to work with Prof. Cyril Benoît (CNRS, Sciences Po) and in contact with Prof. Mihaly Fazekas (Central European University) in the project RESPOND - 'Rescuing Democracy from Political Corruption in Digital Societies' - of the Horizon Program funded by the European Commission.

[More ...]
No Replies
Lee, Young-Im
Fri, 26 Apr 2024 12:50:09 +0000
Hello all,

The Southwest Workshop on Mixed Methods Research (SWMMR<https://swmixedmethods.com/>) invites junior scholars and advanced graduate students using mixed methods to submit a paper proposal to its ninth annual workshop. We will meet on October 17-18, 2024, at the University of California, Riverside, in Riverside, CA. We will meet on October 17-18, 2024, at the University of California, Riverside, in Riverside, CA.

[More ...]
No Replies
Drews, Wiebke
Thu, 25 Apr 2024 06:13:28 +0000
Dear all,

I would like to draw your attention to an open position in the field of social media analytics and elections:

- Position: Research Associate (pre- or post-doc)
- Availability: From July 1 to October 1, 2024, initially on a temporary basis until December 31, 2026
- Location: Chair of Political Science (Domestic Politics & Comparative Government Studies) and within the dtec.bw research project SPARTA (Society, Politics and Risk with Twitter Analysis) at the University of the Bundeswehr in Munich, Germany.

[More ...]
No Replies
Michael Zyphur
Wed, 24 Apr 2024 21:06:15 +1000
Hi everyone

Instats is pleased to be offering a new 2-day seminar covering more
sophisticated machine learning methods, Modern Machine Learning Techniques
<https://instats.org/seminar/modern-machine-learning-techniques-2446>,
running May 2 - 3 with professor of computer science Ricardo Vilalta. This
workshop offers a comprehensive introduction to modern machine learning
techniques in Python. Designed for PhD students, professors, and
professional researchers, the seminar covers a variety of valuable
techniques for machine learning, from meta-learning and transfer learning,
to domain adaptation, active learning, deep learning, and Bayesian
networks, equipping participants with key practical skills to enhance their
research capabilities.

[More ...]
No Replies
Michael Zyphur
Wed, 24 Apr 2024 08:12:00 +1000
Hi everyone

Instats is offering a 1-day workshop on Game Theory and International
Politics
<https://instats.org/seminar/game-theory-and-international-politics-basics-2877>,
running May 2, by professor Serdar Güner. This workshop offers a
comprehensive understanding of the application of game theory in the
complex world of international politics. Participants will gain insights
into the nature of strategic interactions within international politics
through the lens of game theory, learning to apply the relevant concepts
and style of reasoning to various topics including conflict resolution,
negotiation, and policy-making. Ideal for PhD students, academics, and
professional researchers, the seminar provides invaluable insights,
knowledge, and skills to enhance their analytical capabilities

[More ...]
No Replies
Lupu, Noam
Tue, 23 Apr 2024 20:13:33 +0000
LAPOP Lab at Vanderbilt University is hiring into full-time salaried research positions this spring/summer. The application portal for a Statistician II position (survey / public opinion researcher) is open now at https://bit.ly/4d6abwJ.
Please forward this notice to relevant parties, including new PhDs interested in a non-faculty research position at a university.

[More ...]
No Replies
Ken Kollman
Tue, 23 Apr 2024 10:39:40 -0400
On behalf of CLEA leadership, we are pleased to announce the
latest CLEA data release.

CLEA Release 17 (2024019) includes updates to the Lower Chamber election
data.

*Overview of CLEA Release 17*

CLEA Lower Chamber:
- Dataset now includes 2181 election results from 183 countries and
territories.
- This release adds 67 new lower house elections from 44 areas.
- We have added 3 new areas: Algeria, Macau, and Morocco.
- We have also added V-Dem polyarchy scores to Appendix I, which provide a
measure of the extent to which a society is democratic. Data come from the
V-Dem Institute

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Passarella
Mon, 22 Apr 2024 15:30:02 +0000

No Replies
Bruce Desmarais
Sat, 20 Apr 2024 14:16:34 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

I am excited to bring your attention to my ICPSR Summer Program Workshop,
co-taught with Trevion Henderson, "Social Network Analysis in Human
Subjects Research", May 20-23, 2024. This workshop offers an in-depth
introduction to Social Network Analysis (SNA), covering fundamental
methodologies, network theory, and data collection techniques, followed by
practical training in planning and executing social network studies with a
focus on human subjects. It will be of interest to researchers in social and
health sciences, education, business, and public administration, providing
hands-on analysis and case studies to equip participants with the skills to
independently design and conduct

[More ...]
No Replies
Santiago López Cariboni
Wed, 17 Apr 2024 19:05:58 -0300
Dear PolMeth Community,

We are thrilled to announce the Call for Abstracts for the 2024 Latin American PolMeth (LAPolMeth) meeting, set to take place at Universidad de la República in Montevideo, Uruguay, on November 22-23, 2024.

This gathering continues our tradition of advancing the development and application of innovative research methodologies within the political science community in the region. The event is organized in collaboration with Universidad de la República, the Society for Political Methodology, Princeton University, and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

[More ...]
No Replies
Yuri Zhukov
Wed, 17 Apr 2024 10:46:35 -0400
Dear colleagues,

We are writing to announce the launch of the Subnational Geospatial Data
Archive (SUNGEO):

https://www.sungeo.org/

This project, funded by a grant from the National Science Foundation,
offers data on demography, politics, climate, violence, public health,
weather, and terrain at a variety of geographic scales. It offers
innovative tools to integrate spatially-misaligned data. The tools have
been designed for researchers and analysts wishing to assess values of and
relationships among variables across data sources, scales, integration
methods, and geographic/historical contexts.

[More ...]
No Replies
Enos, Ryan
Wed, 17 Apr 2024 10:04:24 +0000
Harvard's Center for American Political Studies is hiring a post-doctoral fellow. The fellow will help to manage the Harvard CAPS/Harris Poll, a monthly, nationally representative public opinion survey and will also work on joint projects with Professors Ryan Enos and Steven Ansolabehere.

To apply, please see here https://academicpositions.harvard.edu/postings/13648
For more information, contact Ryan Enos [log in to unmask]
No Replies
Arthur Spirling
Tue, 16 Apr 2024 13:13:27 -0400
Just a reminder that the deadline for the LMs in Social Science (LMiSS)
APSA preconference is **April 19**. Call follows (again) below.
No Replies
Michael Zyphur
Tue, 16 Apr 2024 16:14:38 +1000
Hi everyone

Instats presents a new 2-day seminar From Basic to Advanced Network
Analysis in R
<https://instats.org/seminar/advanced-network-analysis-in-r-2822>, running
May 20 - 21 by professor Antonio Zinilli. This seminar offers a
comprehensive understanding of network analysis and its application in R.
Tailored for PhD students, professors, and professional researchers, the
workshop provides a strong theoretical foundation and hands-on experience
in analyzing and visualizing complex networks in socio-economic and health
contexts, equipping participants with practical skills needed to apply
network analysis in their own research. Professor Zinilli has extensive
experience and expertise in network analysis, and will lead participants
through the underlying

[More ...]
No Replies
Bakker, Ryan S
Thu, 11 Apr 2024 11:24:04 +0000
There's still time to apply to the 2024 Essex Summer School in Social Science Data Analysis! We're offering all of your favourites plus some new advanced classes including:

-Machine Learning for Tabular Data
-Machine Learning for Estimating Treatment Effects from Observational Data
-Data Visualisation with R
-Deep Learning for Text and Vision
-Web Scraping and Data Management
-Programming and Simulation Methods for Computational Social Science

[More ...]
No Replies
Remizova, Alisa
Thu, 11 Apr 2024 11:13:07 +0000
***Apologies for cross-posting***

Dear colleagues,

We are excited to announce the program of the GESIS Fall Seminar in Computational Social Science 2024. The Fall Seminar takes place from 30 August to 27 September and offers a variety of introductory and advanced courses in computational social science methods in Mannheim and online. It targets researchers who want to collect and analyze data from the web, social media, or digital text archives.

[More ...]
No Replies
Linden, M. van der (Meta)
Thu, 11 Apr 2024 07:29:13 +0000
Utrecht University has a job opening for a PhD candidate interested in country ownership perceptions of immigrant-origin minorities in the Netherlands and USA. The successful candidate will be based at the department of Interdisciplinary Social Science, with co-supervision from the department of Sociology, and will become member of the European Research Centre on Migration and Ethnic Relations (ERCOMER). ERCOMER has a strong track record in quantitative research on interethnic relations with a particular focus on international migration, group identities, and cultural diversity.

[More ...]
No Replies
Lee, Bomi
Wed, 10 Apr 2024 19:39:51 +0000
Dear Colleagues,

The Political Networks Section of APSA still accepts nominations for the Best Conference Paper Award.

Best Conference Paper Award – deadline 4/26/24

This award is given annually to the best paper on political networks presented by a faculty person delivered at a political science conference in the previous year.

Send nominations to chair Naoki Egami [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
No Replies
Caliskan, Cantay
Sun, 7 Apr 2024 15:27:17 +0000
**Today** is the last day to apply. We are looking forward to your applications.
No Replies
Webb, Clayton McLaughlin
Fri, 5 Apr 2024 20:22:38 +0000
This is a reminder that there is still time to encourage your students to apply for the 2024 Society for Political Methodology Expansions Initiative.

The Expansions Initiative seeks to increase the diversity of the political methodology community and the field of political science. The goal of the initiative is to encourage undergraduate and master’s students from underrepresented minority groups to apply to political science PhD Programs that emphasize quantitative methods.

[More ...]
No Replies
Philip D. Waggoner
Fri, 5 Apr 2024 08:16:29 -0600
I wanted to share a call for nominations (due May 31, 2024) for the Statistical Computing and Graphics Award, which is jointly sponsored by the Graphics and Computing sections of the American Statistical Association (ASA).

The Statistical Computing and Graphics Award of the ASA Sections of Statistical Computing and Statistical Graphics recognizes an individual or team for innovation in computing, software, or graphics that has had a significant impact on statistical practice or research. The prize carries with it a cash award of $5,000 plus an allowance of up to $1,000 for travel to the next Joint Statistical Meetings (JSM)

[More ...]
No Replies
Brad Porteus
Thu, 4 Apr 2024 14:22:38 -0500
To: All quants in the political science field (data scientist + political scientist + statistician + anti-polarization bias)
From: Brad Porteus, founder www.BridgePledge.org
RE: “Second Generation Bridge Grade” (paid project - $2500)
Date: April 4, 2024

---

CONTEXT / BACKGROUND
I’m a social entrepreneur working on a civic innovation which is anchored on a data-rich political candidate assessment framework that grades each candidate on their non-ideological capabilities to find and develop consensus political solutions. This memo outlines a project to solicit submissions from quantitative experts in the political science field to construct and sharpen such a candidate grading system and

[More ...]
No Replies
Pedro RAMACIOTTI MORALES
Thu, 4 Apr 2024 19:00:09 +0200
Dear list,

We have opened a phd position in political sciences.
The project involves working with social media and political survey data to study party position estimates in social media, and use them in studies of political dimensionality and polarization mainly in in Europe and the US, but also in other settings.

[More ...]
No Replies
Sveinung Arnesen
Thu, 4 Apr 2024 07:45:19 +0000
Dear colleagues,

We are excited to announce a four-year postdoctoral research fellowship in political science at the University of Bergen, Norway. We are on the lookout for a driven individual with a Ph.D. in political science (near completion) and experience in survey research, who wants to become a part of our community at the University of Bergen. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work with our European Social Survey team and lead a research project utilizing this valuable data resource. We encourage you to share this announcement with any potential candidates and within your broader networks.

[More ...]
No Replies
Chao-Yo Cheng (Staff)
Wed, 3 Apr 2024 22:21:59 +0000
Dear colleagues,

The School of Social Sciences at Birkbeck, University of London<https://www.bbk.ac.uk/school/social-sciences> would like to invite prospective MRes/MSc students to join an online information session about Birkbeck's interdisciplinary Postgraduate Social Research Programmes<https://search.bbk.ac.uk/search/courses/?q=&subjects=Social+research>. We will explain what they will study through our Social Research courses and how they are taught. Please feel free to share this widely.

[More ...]
No Replies
Nasser Qadri
Wed, 3 Apr 2024 15:53:19 -0400
Hi!

Google is hiring for a number of AI/ML roles, that those with a quants
background would be well-suited for. If you're interested in these or other
roles at Google, feel free to send me an email. I'd be happy to share my
career path from a PhD in Politics and IR to a role in tech.

[More ...]
No Replies
Tiago Ventura
Wed, 3 Apr 2024 13:43:43 -0400
Dear all,

The Massive Data Institute (MDI) <https://mdi.georgetown.edu/>and the
McCourt School of Public Policy seek a postdoctoral fellow with research
interests at the intersection of social media, generative AI, computational
methods, and politics. *The Postdoc Fellow is expected to engage only in
research. *

The postdoc will be part of a project led by Professor Lisa Singh
<https://people.cs.georgetown.edu/~singh/>(Computer Science & McCourt
School of Public Policy), Tiago Ventura
<https://www.venturatiago.com/> (McCourt
School of Public Policy), and Leticia Bode
<https://lbode.wordpress.com/> (Communication,
Culture, and Technology) titled Generative AI, Humanness, and
Misinformation in the 2024 U.S. Presidential Election. The project will
focus on assessing 1)

[More ...]
No Replies
Sono Shah
Tue, 2 Apr 2024 20:20:56 +0000
Hello!

Just wanted to share this posting. Would make a great job for a graduating undergrad with an interest in CS + social science. Feel free to share!

https://pewtrusts.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CenterExternal/job/Computational-Social-Science-Assistant--Data-Labs_R002473

Best,

Sono Shah
No Replies
Caliskan, Cantay
Sun, 31 Mar 2024 04:43:43 +0000
Applications for the SICSS Summer School in Computational Social Sciences at the University of Rochester (May 13 - May 24) are now open! Seniors planning to pursue a PhD, Master's students, PhD students, and junior faculty within 7 years of obtaining their PhD from different fields interested in computational social sciences are welcome to apply. We are very excited to be organizing the event for the 3rd time this year!

[More ...]
No Replies
Yuree Noh
Fri, 29 Mar 2024 17:19:03 +0000
The Department of International Studies at the American University of Sharjah (AUS), United Arab Emirates, is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Postdoctoral Associate to work with Dr. Bethany Shockley and her US-based collaborator, Dr. Yuree Noh on an experimental study of egalitarianism in the UAE and Tunisia. The anticipated appointment is expected to start on September 1, 2024 and end on May 30, 2025.

[More ...]
No Replies
Karl van Meter (via aimsl Mailing List)
Thu, 28 Mar 2024 16:58:11 +0100
SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Call - “Behind the Data: Quantitative Approaches to Interdisciplinary
Racism Research” (23 Oct, Univ Bayreuth DE)

Meeting - Spring School Complex Networks: Theory, Methods & Applications
(27-31 May, Villa del Grumello, Como IT)

Meeting - 16th ACM Web Science Conf, Workshops & Tutorials (21-24 May,
Stuttgart DE)

Meeting - Humanism & Artificial Intelligence at Center for Science &
Thought (23 May, Univ of Bonn, DE)

[More ...]
No Replies
Kenneth Lowande
Wed, 27 Mar 2024 10:28:39 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

I am seeking a postdoctoral research fellow for next year with interests in American politics, institutions, public policy, and/or computational social science. The postdoc will be housed in the Center for Political Institutions <https://cps.isr.umich.edu/> at the Institute for Social Research. The full job ad is here: <https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/246854/post-doctoral-research-fellow>.

The fellow will work on projects related to law enforcement, policing, conflict, and local government. There are no teaching obligations, and there is a possibility of renewal for a second year.

[More ...]
No Replies
Evans, Heather (hke2j)
Tue, 26 Mar 2024 22:51:21 +0000
Hello all!

I'm writing today to announce this year's APSA Information Technology & Politics Section Awards. Nominations are open and are due by April 1st. Awards will be presented at the 2024 APSA Conference.

Here’s some information on each award:

*Best Dissertation Award: award for the best dissertation in information technology & politics defended since our last APSA meeting.
*Best Book Award: award for the best book in information technology & politics published in 2023.
*Best Journal of Information Technology & Politics Article Award: award for the best article published in print in the Journal of Information Technology & Politics

[More ...]
No Replies
Centro dipartimentale per Computational Social Sciences (CSSC)
Tue, 26 Mar 2024 20:24:01 +0000
Applications for the Summer Institute in Computational Social Sciences at the University of Bologna (June 11 - June 21) are now open!

The Summer Institute in Computational Social Science is returning to Bologna and will invite 12 (twelve) participants who will have the opportunity to attend and participate in the entire two-week mixed programme at no cost to the programme. We welcome applications from advanced master's students, Ph.D. and postdoctoral researchers, and untenured faculty within 7 years of their Ph.D. from all backgrounds and fields of study, especially applicants from groups currently under-represented in Computational Social Science.

[More ...]
No Replies
Karsten Donnay
Mon, 25 Mar 2024 11:01:45 +0100
Dear colleagues,

We are excited to announce the *Zurich Population Research Conference*, scheduled for January 20-21, 2025, hosted by the University of Zurich's Population Research Center (UZH PRC).

Zurich Population Research Conference

Date: January 20-21, 2025
Location: University of Zurich, Switzerland
Website: https://www.prc.uzh.ch/conference

Conference Themes:
The conference will delve into interdisciplinary and integrative approaches across various themes including health, school-aged children and adolescents, migration, digital participation, innovative methods, and more.

[More ...]
No Replies
Lee, Bomi
Fri, 22 Mar 2024 18:18:18 +0000
Dear PolMeth Community,

The Political Networks Section of APSA is pleased to begin accepting nominations for the PolNet Section Awards.

John Sprague Award – deadline 4/5/24

This award is given annually to the best paper on political networks presented by a graduate student delivered at a political science conference in the previous year. The award includes a cash prize.

[More ...]
No Replies
Karl van Meter (via aimsl Mailing List)
Thu, 21 Mar 2024 18:55:18 +0100
SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Call - GESIS Summer School in Survey Methodology (24 Jul-16 Aug, Cologne
DE)

Call - Junior Professor Chair in Networks & Computer Science/Applied
Mathematics (Univ Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne FR)

Call - Second International User Conference of the German Family
Demography Panel Study (7-8 Oct, Mannheim DE)

Article - "How to combine and analyze all the data from diverse sources:
A multilevel analysis of institutional trust in the world"

[More ...]
No Replies
Karl van Meter (via aimsl Mailing List)
Thu, 21 Mar 2024 18:29:47 +0100
Thanks to Michel Grabisch & Sarah Fleche

Deadline: 15 April 2024

Dear Colleagues,

The University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne is likely to open a position
for a tenure track professorship (Junior Professor Chair) in computer
science and/or applied mathematics, in the field of

SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC NETWORKS:
ALGORITHMS AND REGULATION

Description
This is a primarily research-oriented position focusing on the dynamics
of socio-economic networks and in particular the interactions between
algorithms (recommendation, auction, etc.) and agents. The research is
expected to yield new insights for public policy and regulation in these
networks on issues such as equity, fairness, polarization, stability.

[More ...]
No Replies
Lupu, Noam
Thu, 21 Mar 2024 14:28:01 +0000
We are currently working to identify substantive themes for Module 7 of the Comparative Study of Electoral Systems (CSES), for which data collection will start in 2026.

To that end, the CSES Planning Committee has established a Subcommittee to identify gaps in existing research that CSES Module 7 might address. As part of their work, the Subcommittee is gathering ideas for substantive themes and questions that should be part of the new module.

[More ...]
No Replies
Scott Campbell
Thu, 21 Mar 2024 09:46:24 -0400
Registration for all 2024 ICPSR Summer Program <https://myumi.ch/7P33x> classes
is now open!

Our General Sessions <https://myumi.ch/DrJpE> run from June 10-July 5, and
from July 8-August 2. Each Session features one week of introductory math
and computing Lectures and three weeks of methods Courses, all for a single
fee. Choose up to 4 Courses and any number of Lectures, and design your own
curriculum based on your needs and background! All Courses and Lectures are
available in person or online, live or asynchronous. Class materials,
including recorded lectures, are available through December 31, 2024.

[More ...]
No Replies
Jan Lorenz
Thu, 21 Mar 2024 14:10:30 +0100
*** Apply by Monday, March 25! ***
*** Accommodation and board provided ***

Dear PolMeth Community,

We invite researchers to apply for participation in the
Wealth Data Science Summer/Winter School (WeDSSS) July 1-12, 2024.

More information:
Call for Application
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ow6gxNPf54FIzDUwK7qChrzjgwVbc94VbdBzap_mrbw/export?format=pdf
and the project website http://janlo.de/wedsss
Application via OpenReview:
https://openreview.net/group?id=constructor.university/CU/2024/WeDSSS

Deadline: March 25, 2024, at 23.59 (anywhere on earth)

The school takes place at Constructor University Bremen (Germany) and
the African Center of Excellence for Inequality Research
(ACEIR), Cape Town (South Africa) from July 3 to 12, 2023.

[More ...]
No Replies
Karreth, Johannes
Thu, 21 Mar 2024 01:16:19 +0000
Could you please post the advertisement below to the listserv?

Thank you!
Johannes
No Replies
Lee, Bomi
Tue, 19 Mar 2024 18:38:18 +0000
Dear Colleagues,

The deadline to submit a paper for the 2024 Political Networks Conference has been extended until next Monday, March 25.

Call for papers/posters:

We invite submissions to present at the 2024 Political Networks Conference. The event will take place June 5-8 at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida. As in years past, the conference will begin with two days of network analysis workshops (June 5-6) followed by two days of panel presentations (June 7-8).

[More ...]
No Replies
Gregory M. Eirich
Tue, 19 Mar 2024 11:16:18 -0400
Hello all -

Please see the job opportunity below. Thanks! --Greg
No Replies
CAIS-CFA
Mon, 18 Mar 2024 17:42:41 +0000
The Center for Advanced Internet Studies (CAIS) funds innovative projects that deal with the social opportunities and challenges of the digital transformation. We support individual researchers and groups.

You want to spend a sabbatical in a vibrant interdisciplinary research community? Become a fellow at CAIS!

A fellowship at the Center for Advanced Internet Studies (CAIS) releases you from your regular work obligations and opens up new perspectives.

[More ...]
No Replies
Mauk, Marlene
Mon, 18 Mar 2024 12:07:49 +0000
***Apologies for cross-posting***

Dear colleagues,

The GESIS Summer School 2024 will take place from 24 July to 16 August 2024 - some courses will be held onsite in Cologne and some online.

Join lecturers and participants from all over the world and from many different fields in meeting in person and online to take part in Europe's leading summer school in survey methodology, research design, and data collection. There is no registration deadline, but places are limited and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.

[More ...]
No Replies
Gregory J. Wawro
Fri, 15 Mar 2024 14:11:35 -0400
Dear PolMethers,

We are hosting a day-long, in-person conference on Political Analytics at
Columbia on Friday, March 22, 9am-4pm. The conference will bring together
political professionals and academics to talk all things analytics. We've
got a wonderful line-up of heavy-hitters in the field, including Becca
Seigel (Senior Advisor, Biden for President, Columbia QMSS '18) who will be
delivering the keynote address.

[More ...]
No Replies
andrea pedrazzani
Fri, 15 Mar 2024 11:22:11 +0100
***Sorry for cross-posting ***

Dear colleagues,

I am seeking a post-doctoral (or advanced pre-doctoral) researcher to
collaborate at the University of Milan on a project studying conspiracy
theories and conspiracist beliefs from the perspectives of supply and
demand: “SUSPECTS - StUdying SuPply, demand, and Endorsement of Conspiracy
TheorieS in six European countries” (PRIN 2022).
The position is for 12 months starting from June 2024, with the possibility
of renewal.
The call is open to candidates holding a PhD or a Master's degree.
Quantitative skills within a theoretical framework of political science,
sociology, or political communication are required. Proficiency in
statistical

[More ...]
No Replies
Kevin M Esterling
Thu, 14 Mar 2024 04:00:00 +0000
***Final Reminder! ***

The deadline to apply to present either a paper or poster at Polmeth is tomorrow! -- Friday, March 15.

To apply, please navigate to the conference website https://polmeth.ucr.edu/ and then click on the "Apply" tab for instructions.

Kevin M. Esterling (he/him)
Professor of Public Policy and Political Science
Director, Laboratory for Technology, Communication and Democracy (TeCD-Lab)
https://tecd-lab.ucr.edu/
UC Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
951-827-5591
https://profiles.ucr.edu/kevin.esterling
No Replies
Michael Zyphur
Wed, 13 Mar 2024 13:44:30 +1100
Hi everyone

Instats is incredibly pleased to be offering a 2-day workshop on Using
ChatGPT and Copilot for Efficient Data Analysis in R
<https://instats.org/seminar/using-chatgpt-and-github-copilot-for-eff2>,
running March 20 - 21, by professor Peter Gruber (who holds dual PhDs in
physics and economics). This workshop provides a 21st-century introduction
to Statistical Analysis with R, focusing on the efficient use of AI
assistants including ChatGPT and Github Copilot to automate R coding with
plain language requests. Participants will learn step by step how to
install AI tools and how to harness their power for efficient data analysis
in R, making them many times

[More ...]
No Replies
Jeff Harden
Tue, 12 Mar 2024 16:03:41 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

Rachel Porter and I are seeking a postdoctoral researcher or visiting PhD
student for next year with expertise in legislative institutions,
representation, and methods (broadly defined). The successful candidate
will join the Rooney Center <https://rooneycenter.nd.edu/> and Representation
and Politics in Legislatures Lab
<https://rooneycenter.nd.edu/research/representation-and-politics-in-legislatures-lab/>
at
Notre Dame in a collaborative, research-focused position. The full job ad
is available at this link <https://apply.interfolio.com/142189>. A few
details of the position are as follows:

[More ...]
No Replies
Anibal Perez-Linan
Tue, 12 Mar 2024 16:54:47 +0000
Dear Colleagues,
Please circulate the following announcement:

The Kellogg Institute for International Studies, part of the Keough School
of Global Affairs at the University of Notre Dame, is seeking two
postdoctoral researchers as part of the university’s Democracy Initiative
for the academic year 2024-2025. Individuals selected for a postdoctoral
position will have the option of renewing their appointment for a second
year, conditional on satisfactory performance. A successful postdoctoral
candidate will have a Ph.D. in Political Science, Economics, Sociology, or
a closely related field conferred by June 30th, 2024, will focus on the
study of democracy, and will have a

[More ...]
No Replies
Polsi Graduate
Mon, 11 Mar 2024 16:34:54 +0000
* Job title: Assistant Professor in Political Science and Asian Politics
* Institution Name: Department of Political Science, Trinity College Dublin
* Deadline for applications: 12 Noon 5th April 2024
* Web link for further information: http://jobs.tcd.ie

Further information to be included if possible:

The Department of Political Science, School of Social Sciences and Philosophy is seeking to appoint an Assistant Professor in Political Science and Asian Politics, to commence on 1st September 2024. This is a tenure-track position.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kevin M Esterling
Sun, 10 Mar 2024 22:06:10 +0000
***The deadline to apply to present either a paper or poster at Polmeth is this Friday, March 15. ***

To apply, please navigate to the conference website https://polmeth.ucr.edu/ and then click on the "Apply" tab for instructions.

*****
Polmeth2024 Call for Papers

The 41st annual meeting of the Society for Political Methodology will take place July 18-20, 2024, at the Mission Inn Hotel and Spa https://www.missioninn.com/ in Riverside, CA. The meeting is hosted by the UC Riverside School of Public Policy and Department of Political Science. Please see the conference website https://polmeth.ucr.edu/ for more details and how to apply.

[More ...]
No Replies
Caliskan, Cantay
Sat, 9 Mar 2024 03:47:25 +0000
Applications for the SICSS Summer School in Computational Social Sciences at the University of Rochester (May 13 - May 24) are now open! Seniors planning to pursue a PhD, Master's students, PhD students, and junior faculty within 7 years of obtaining their PhD from different fields interested in computational social sciences are welcome to apply. We are very excited to be organizing the event for the 3rd time this year!

[More ...]
No Replies
Michael Zyphur
Fri, 8 Mar 2024 12:13:31 +1100
Hi everyone

Instats presents an upcoming 3-day seminar on Applied Longitudinal Data
Analysis <https://instats.org/seminar/applied-longitudinal-data-analysis2>
by distinguished professor Emilio Ferrer, running March 20 - 22. This
comprehensive workshop is designed to equip researchers with the skills to
effectively analyze longitudinal data with classic and advanced modeling
techniques. The seminar covers a range of topics, from understanding the
importance of longitudinal data, handling missing data, and modeling growth
over time, to practical sessions on applying learned techniques using
real-world data.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kalla, Joshua
Wed, 6 Mar 2024 19:05:04 +0000
The Institution for Social and Policy Studies and the Data Intensive Social Science Center at Yale are seeking to hire a Research Scientist to serve as the inaugural Director of a new Survey Research Program, housed within DISSC. This leadership position will help, working with faculty, build the requisite organization and capabilities for survey research in the social science throughout Yale.

[More ...]
No Replies
Lorenzo Franchi
Wed, 6 Mar 2024 16:42:18 +0000
Dear Society for Political Methodology,

On behalf of Prof. Bernie Black, may I ask you to recirculate the announcement below to your researchers and faculty.

Many thanks,
No Replies
Kyle Endres
Wed, 6 Mar 2024 08:34:14 -0600
Dear Colleagues,

The UNI Center for Social & Behavioral Research is looking to hire a
postdoctoral scholar (ad details below). Please circulate to qualified
candidates in your networks. Feel free to reach out to me directly if you
are a qualified candidate (within 5 years of your degree completion) and
would like to know more about the Center. Apply at:
https://jobs.uni.edu/pands/view/53218.

[More ...]
No Replies
Carl Bialik
Tue, 5 Mar 2024 00:35:36 +0000
YouGov’s Scientific Research Group<https://business.yougov.com/product/academic-political-public> is accepting proposals for experimental research on web survey methods. Proposals will be accepted in the form of preregistered research designs<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gkN0Jp6Gu7GIA4Ne4YCDZ61nCLQRgt32moRdUg9AnVg/edit>. Accepted proposals will be run — at no cost to you — on the YouGov panel among a representative sample of U.S. adults. Authors of accepted proposals will have the opportunity to coauthor a short article published to the YouGov website describing the results of their study. They will also receive the data for academic use. We encourage researchers from any field to apply.

[More ...]
No Replies
Robert Y. Shapiro
Mon, 4 Mar 2024 14:14:23 -0500
Please see the link below for the above position at Columbia University.

Research Director, Anti-Semitism Task Force - Morningside, New York, United
States (columbia.edu)
<https://opportunities.columbia.edu/jobs/c2663aaa-b1ed-4499-959a-fb6b1bb09be2>
No Replies
Bjørn Høyland
Mon, 4 Mar 2024 15:04:55 +0000
University of Oslo and EITM Europe are inviting PhD-students and junior faculty to our 2024 Summer Institute «The Foundations of Representative Democracy and its Challenges».
June 17, 2024 – June 28, 2024, Blindern Campus, University of Oslo

The Empirical Implications of Theoretical Models (EITM) Summer Institute is a training program, developed in the United States for graduate students and junior faculty, on the development and application of research designs that integrate theoretical models with empirical research with the purpose of advancing our understanding of politics. The EITM Europe is a similar program, based in Europe and directed by Thomas König

[More ...]
No Replies
Jos Dornschneider-Elkink
Mon, 4 Mar 2024 11:18:37 +0000
Dear Colleagues,

We are recruiting for a four-year fully funded PhD position involving NLP
in Arabic. We would be really grateful if you could share this ad with
anyone interested.

*Four-year fully funded PhD position in NLP in Arabic*

Full ad*:*
http://www.dornschneider.net/PhD_position_University_College_Dublin.pdf

*Location:* University College Dublin, School of Politics and
International Relations

*Start date:* 2nd May, 2024

*Deadline:* 8th April, 2024

[More ...]
No Replies
Yuki YANAI
Mon, 4 Mar 2024 16:39:53 +0900
Dear PolMeth Community,

We are delighted to announce the 2024 Summer Meeting of the Japanese
Society for Quantitative Political Science (JSQPS), scheduled for July 6th
and 7th. We extend an invitation for oral presentations based on original
research. Below are details regarding the meeting and the proposal
submission process. Information about participant registration will be
disseminated by the end of May.

[More ...]
No Replies
John Patty
Sun, 3 Mar 2024 15:31:08 -0500
HI all,

Apologies for any cross-posts, just a quick reminder:

The 2024 EITM Institute will be held at Emory this summer and applications
are now open! All applications for this 3-week, NSF-funded graduate
workshop are very welcome. Regardless of their research interests, please
encourage your students to come join us to learn more about connecting
theory and data! All participants receive full tuition and financial
support including round-trip airfare, housing, and a small stipend.

[More ...]
No Replies
D. Sunshine Hillygus
Sat, 2 Mar 2024 13:06:13 +0000
Duke University’s Polarization Lab (www.polarizationlab.com<http://www.polarizationlab.com> ), an interdisciplinary group of researchers studying the role of social media on society using computational social science, is hiring a post-doctoral associate: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/27242

Sunshine
No Replies
Tom Mustillo
Fri, 1 Mar 2024 11:59:25 -0500
Please see the job description here: https://apply.interfolio.com/138099
Note that it encompasses computational social science and data science.
No Replies
Robison, J.A. (Josh)
Fri, 1 Mar 2024 13:25:06 +0000
We are currently recruiting for a PhD student for a funded PhD project titled “What’s the Party About? Investigating Party Reputations and their Consequences” hosted at the Institute of Political Science at Leiden University. The PhD project will investigate mass perceptions of political parties and the role of these party reputations in affecting party persuasion efforts. The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative methods skills (including prior experience with experimental methods).

[More ...]
No Replies
Webb, Clayton McLaughlin
Fri, 1 Mar 2024 04:23:10 +0000
The Society for Political Methodology is pleased to announce the renewal of The Society for Political Methodology’s Expansions Initiative.
Our goal is to increase the diversity of the political methodology community and the field of political science. Our plan is to identify promising undergraduate and master’s students from underrepresented communities and recruit them into the field. The Expansions Initiative offers these students unique learning experiences intended to stimulate interest in political methodology and helps these students prepare to apply to political science graduate programs.
A cohort of 5 student fellows will be invited to participate in the first summer session

[More ...]
No Replies
Magistro, Beatrice
Wed, 28 Feb 2024 23:45:58 +0000
The Caltech Center for Science, Society, and Public Policy is thrilled to announce a call for abstracts for the Conference “Navigating the New Frontier: The Political and Economic Implications of AI,” set to take place on September 13-14, at the California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA, USA. Our conference seeks to explore a range of questions to better understand the broader implications of this new wave of AI on society and politics. These questions include, but are not limited to: What are the political consequences of the rapid advancement and adoption of generative AI technologies? How do perceptions of AI

[More ...]
No Replies
Akbik, A. (Adina)
Wed, 28 Feb 2024 09:46:06 +0000
The Institute of Political Science at Leiden University is currently hiring a Postdoctoral Researcher (full-time position, 2,5 years).

Key responsibilities
The Postdoctoral Researcher will be part of the project ‘EUROTYPES: The Impact of Cultural Stereotypes in European Multi-Level Policy Enforcement’, funded by the European Research Council (2024-2028) and led by Dr Adina Akbik. Cultural stereotypes are often present in the political and media discourse on European Union (EU) governance, e.g. ‘the lazy Greeks’, ‘the tax-dodging Italians’, and ‘the stingy Dutch’, and so forth. Yet, despite their frequency in public rhetoric, there is limited research on how such stereotypes affect the

[More ...]
No Replies
Kyle Block
Wed, 28 Feb 2024 09:44:07 +0000
Gradient Metrics is looking for a survey research manager with applied experience in survey design and analysis. This position will support the design and execution of survey-based data collection to answer organizational strategy questions for political, corporate, and/or philanthropic clients.

The position is remote. To express interest, please follow the instructions at this ( https://gradient-metrics.breezy.hr/p/97be9116540f-survey-research-manager ) link. Questions about the company and/or role can be sent to [log in to unmask]

[More ...]
No Replies
Stötzer, Lukas
Wed, 28 Feb 2024 09:01:23 +0000
The University of Witten/Herdecke (UW/H) is seeking to strengthen the team of the Professorship for Quantitative Methods (Professor Lukas Stoetzer) at the Faculty of Management, Economics and Society.

A position (full-time) as

**Post-doc (m/f/d)**

in the DFG project 'Election Forecasts for the German Federal Election 2025' is to be filled as soon as possible. The position is initially limited to three years, with the aim of long-term cooperation.

[More ...]
No Replies
Erika Franklin Fowler
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 22:21:18 +0000
The Wesleyan Media Project (WMP), in collaboration with Wesleyan University's Quantitative Analysis Center (QAC) and the Collaborative on Media and Messaging (COMM) for Health and Social Policy team at Wesleyan University, is seeking a postdoctoral researcher in computational social science to join us at the forefront of advancing real-time analyses of political and health-related audiovisual and textual messages using computational methods. WMP leverages large-scale advertising and media messaging datasets applying theory and methods from political science, behavioral and communication science, computer science, data science and machine learning. Successful candidates will work on an NSF-funded project on digital advertising led by

[More ...]
No Replies
Lupu, Noam
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 20:45:31 +0000
LAPOP Lab at Vanderbilt University announces a competition for this year's Seligson Prize.

The Seligson Prize is awarded annually to the best scholarship (paper, book, dissertation, or other scholarly work) using LAPOP's AmericasBarometer data that was published in the prior two calendar years. The prize is named in honor of Mitchell Seligson, the founder of LAPOP and a pioneer in the study of public opinion in Latin America.

[More ...]
No Replies
Olivella, Santiago
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 18:27:38 +0000
Hello PolMeth community!

UNC at Chapel Hill is looking to hire---on a quick timeline---a TAP in Political Methodology to help us teach our "Data in Politics" undergraduate sequence. Undergraduate methods training at Carolina is a a two semester experience wherein UNC undergraduates receive a rigorous introduction to quantitative methods in the social sciences using R.

[More ...]
No Replies
rkw
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 10:28:47 -0700
Note: Submission date is March 1.

The Behavioral Models of Politics (BMP) Conference will be held at the University of Pittsburgh on May 24-25, 2024! The BMP conference will bring together scholars to discuss and share research related to various ways that analytical models of politics can be broadened to include “behavioral” concepts. The conference encourages a dialogue between groups of scholars — theorists, empiricists and behavioral experimentalists — who all provide critical insight into political behavior, but who often remain siloed.
The conference is open to all sub-fields in political science as well as related disciplines. We welcome submissions

[More ...]
No Replies
Jan Lorenz
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 10:52:32 +0100
Dear PolMeth Community,

We invite junior researchers to apply for participation in the
Wealth Data Science Summer/Winter School (WeDSSS) July 1-12, 2024.

More information:
Call for Application
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ow6gxNPf54FIzDUwK7qChrzjgwVbc94VbdBzap_mrbw/export?format=pdf
and the project website http://janlo.de/wedsss
Application via OpenReview:
https://openreview.net/group?id=constructor.university/CU/2024/WeDSSS

Deadline: March 25, 2024, at 23.59 (anywhere on earth)

The school takes place at Constructor University Bremen (Germany) and
the African Center of Excellence for Inequality Research
(ACEIR), Cape Town (South Africa) from July 3 to 12, 2023.

[More ...]
No Replies
Jonathan Nagler
Thu, 22 Feb 2024 12:14:22 -0500
Dear Political Methodologists,

hi. The Center for Social Media and Politics at NYU (https://csmapnyu.org <https://csmapnyu.org/>) is looking to hire a data-scientist. This is an unusual role split between working as a data-scientist on center research projects, and working with the center directors and faculty to write grant proposals. All research in the lab is based on a collaborative model, and the person who takes this role will be expected to be a co-author on many academic papers.

[More ...]
No Replies
Whitten, Guy D
Thu, 22 Feb 2024 15:14:04 +0000
The Department of Political Science at Texas A&M is pleased to announce that we have been granted authorization to search for additional hires for the senior faculty search that we advertised in the summer of 2023. We are particularly interested in hires at the Associate Professor level but will consider applications at the Professor level. Senior Assistant Professors are also encouraged to apply. The Interfolio link with the full advertisement and to apply for these positions is http://apply.interfolio.com/127657. We will continue to review applications until these positions are filled.
No Replies
Blair Welsh
Thu, 22 Feb 2024 18:41:29 +0400
Hi everyone,

I am urgently hiring a Research Assistant for a project on rebel governance
and post-conflict recovery in collaboration with Laura Saavedra-Lux
(UNU-WIDER). The ideal candidate is an MSc/PhD student in data science,
political science, or economics. But we're open to various fields.

The RA must be skilled in cleaning and collating remote sensing data. Main
tasks involve but aren’t limited to gathering and processing remote sensing
data (in R or Python), cleaning and collating data, and producing quality
graphics. Experience gathering and processing earth observation data (eg.,
from sensors such as MODIS) would be ideal.

[More ...]
No Replies
MPIDR - Career
Thu, 22 Feb 2024 14:21:09 +0000
The Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research (MPIDR) is seeking to appoint a full-time post-doctoral researcher to join the newly established ERC-funded Research Group on Migration and Health Inequalities<http://www.demogr.mpg.de/en/research_6120/independent_research_groups_11668/migration_and_health_inequalities_12856/>. The group, led by Silvia Loi<http://www.demogr.mpg.de/en/about_us_6113/staff_directory_1899/silvia_loi_2870>, will bring together experts from areas like Demography, Sociology, Statistics, Social Epidemiology and Public Health to address the pressing scientific and societal question: Why do immigrants age in poorer health compared to non-immigrants? We are seeking creative, self-driven, collaborative scholars with strong communication skills that can contribute to advancing one or more of these three research areas:

[More ...]
No Replies
MPIDR - Career
Thu, 22 Feb 2024 14:20:29 +0000
PhD Studentship in Social Statistics in Digital and Computational Demography

University of Manchester and Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research

We are pleased to invite applications to a 3.5-year University of Manchester doctoral studentship in Social Statistics. The studentship is jointly funded by the Social Statistics Department, University of Manchester, UK, and the Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research (MPIDR), Germany. The studentship will be part of the International Max Planck Research School for Population, Health and Data Science (IMPRS-PHDS) www.imprs-phds.mpg.de<http://www.imprs-phds.mpg.de/>.

[More ...]
No Replies
Daniel Rubenson
Wed, 21 Feb 2024 12:26:29 -0500
Sent on behalf of the Canadian Election Study

The Canadian Election Study (CES) team is calling for expressions of
interest in purchasing survey modules for the next election study.

As in previous elections, the CES team will be fielding a large scale
online survey during the campaign period as well as a post election survey.
In the past we have offered space on the survey to the research community
and will do so again this time. Given the uncertainty around election
timing, we are soliciting expressions of interest to gauge demand now.

[More ...]
No Replies
Michael Zyphur
Wed, 21 Feb 2024 15:52:49 +1100
Hi everyone

Instats presents a free introduction to Game Theory and International
Politics
<https://instats.org/seminar/game-theory-and-international-politics-2>,
running March 2, by professor Serdar Güner. This seminar explores the
application of game theory in international politics, targeting PhD
students, professors, and researchers in political science, international
relations, sociology, public policy, economics, strategy, and related
fields. Participants will gain insights into the nature of strategic
interactions within international politics through the lens of game theory,
learning to apply the relevant concepts and style of reasoning to various
topics including conflict resolution, negotiation, and policy-making.

[More ...]
No Replies
Mello, P.A. (Patrick)
Tue, 20 Feb 2024 21:07:42 +0000
Dear colleagues,

In August 2024, the 28th Summer School in Social Science Methods is taking place again at USI in Lugano, Switzerland.

I’m offering a 1-week in-presence workshop on Qualitative Comparative Analysis (QCA), August 19-23. The intensive course covers the foundations and advanced uses of QCA and its application in R. Workshop sessions are split into lectures and application exercises (also with own data, if available), with ample time for individual consultation and feedback.

[More ...]
No Replies
Arthur Spirling
Tue, 20 Feb 2024 12:43:58 -0500
* *Call for Papers, APSA Preconference on Language Models in Social Science
(LMiSS) **

Colleagues

UPenn’s Department of Political Science and Princeton’s Department of
Politics are co-hosting an APSA pre-conference at the University of
Pennsylvania on Language Models in Social Science. The conference will take
place on September 4, 2024. This is the Wednesday before the American
Political Science Association meeting, which will take place in
Philadelphia.

[More ...]
No Replies
Betsy Sinclair
Mon, 19 Feb 2024 23:05:16 -0600
All,

Just a quick reminder to apply to PolMeth 2024 before March 15th. This is
my favorite conference each year because it brings together an
intellectually intense group of scholars who are committed to improving
each other's research through rigorous conversations. This year, too, there
will be abundant sunshine, themed panels, and fierce organization as Kevin
Esterling has literally spent an entire year working out all the details to
ensure we have a great meeting.

[More ...]
No Replies
Lee, Bomi
Mon, 19 Feb 2024 18:58:30 +0000
Dear PolMeth Community,

The Political Networks Section of APSA invites submissions to present at the 2024 Political Networks Conference. The event will take place June 5-8 at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida. As in years past, the conference will begin with two days of network analysis workshops (June 5-6) followed by two days of panel presentations (June 7-8).

[More ...]
No Replies
Lucas Leemann
Fri, 16 Feb 2024 15:43:17 +0000
# Three-Year Post-Doctoral Research Position in the Research Group of Professor Lucas Leemann

The Department of Political Science at the University of Zurich (http://www.ipz.uzh.ch) invites applications for a post-doctoral research position in the research group of Professor Fabrizio Gilardi (https://lucasleemann.ch/). We offer excellent research support in a vibrant research community and are committed to advancing young scholars’ careers. The department aims to increase the diversity of its members and thus explicitly invites applications from women and other traditionally underrepresented groups.

[More ...]
No Replies
Gilles Serra
Fri, 16 Feb 2024 04:46:52 +0000
Assistant Professor Position
Political Studies Division
Center for Economics Research and Teaching (CIDE)
Mexico City

The Division of Political Studies at CIDE invites applications for several tenure-track positions at its campus in Mexico City. The positions are open to any topic and any subfield. Solid methodological skills based on quantitative or qualitative training would be especially attractive. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. While immediate fluency in Spanish is not required, the successful applicants are expected to teach classes in Spanish one year after their appointment.

[More ...]
No Replies
Christopher Wratil
Wed, 14 Feb 2024 11:48:41 +0100
Dear colleagues,

we are looking for a *postdoc in Computational Social Science* who would
like to co-lead the development and application of new quantitative text
models to understand how politicians engage in representing citizens in
legislative speech and social media posts. The position is part of the
*MULTIREP project *("/Multidimensional Representation: Enabling An
Alternative Research Agenda on the Citizen-Politician Relationship/")
funded by the European Research Council and conducted at the University
of Vienna.

[More ...]
No Replies
Gilles Serra
Tue, 13 Feb 2024 19:19:27 +0000
Dear Editors of the Polmeth mailing list, would you mind considering the following announcement? Please let me know if this could be posted and distributed within the community. Thank you very much.

The Division of Political Studies at CIDE invites applications for several tenure-track positions at its campus in Mexico City. The positions are open to any topic and any subfield. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. While immediate fluency in Spanish is not required, the successful applicants are expected to teach classes in Spanish one year after their appointment.

[More ...]
No Replies
Fabrizio Gilardi
Tue, 13 Feb 2024 14:58:12 +0000
# Three-Year Post-Doctoral Research Position in the Research Group of Professor Fabrizio Gilardi (80%)

The Department of Political Science at the University of Zurich (http://www.ipz.uzh.ch) invites applications for a post-doctoral research position in the research group of Professor Fabrizio Gilardi (https://fabriziogilardi.org /). The post-doctoral researcher will be associated to Fabrizio Gilardi's ERC-funded research project “Problem Definition in the Digital Democracy” (PRODIGI) (https://fabriziogilardi.org/PRODIGI/) as well as to the Digital Democracy Lab (http://digdemlab.io/).

[More ...]
No Replies
Katayoun Kishi
Thu, 8 Feb 2024 12:22:32 -0500
Hello,

The Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project (ACLED
<https://acleddata.com/>) is hiring a Data Officer to assist with data
management and data processing. ACLED is a disaggregated data collection,
analysis, and crisis mapping project. The position is full-time, remote,
and open to applicants globally.

This position is a good fit for someone with intermediate R skills,
experience in data management, and a background in conflict studies. The
successful candidate will work on data management issues and challenges for
the organization.

[More ...]
No Replies
Francesc Amat
Thu, 8 Feb 2024 13:10:26 +0100
Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the organization of the second *Yale-UB Workshop
in Historical Political Economy (HPE)*, a collaborative effort between the
faculties of Yale University and the University of Barcelona.

This workshop is designed to engage faculty members, postdoctoral
researchers, and advanced PhD candidates involved in the study of
historical political economy.

We are calling for submissions spanning a diverse array of topics and
methodologies, focusing on historical political episodes and the enduring
impacts of historical events on contemporary society.

[More ...]
No Replies
Betsy Sinclair
Wed, 7 Feb 2024 12:47:21 -0600
The 41st annual meeting of the Society for Political Methodology will take
place July 18-20, 2024, at the Mission Inn Hotel and Spa
<https://www.missioninn.com/> in Riverside, CA. The meeting is hosted by
the UC Riverside School of Public Policy and Department of Political
Science.

Please see the conference website https://polmeth.ucr.edu/ for more details
and how to apply.

[More ...]
No Replies
Dave Armstrong
Tue, 6 Feb 2024 08:58:43 -0500
Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce that of MapleMeth III will be held on May
3-4, with dinners for those interested on May 2 and 3. The event will be
held on the campus of Western University in beautiful London, Ontario.
Arthur Spirling, Class of 1987 Professor of Politics, Princeton
University, will give the keynote address.

[More ...]
No Replies
Lupu, Noam
Tue, 6 Feb 2024 13:21:37 +0000
There are nine days left to apply for LAPOP's Second Annual Summer School in International Survey Methods, to be held June 17-27, 2024.

The summer school is a 9-day intensive training program in survey methods with a particular focus on applications outside the US. The school takes place in person on Vanderbilt's campus in Nashville and features a variety of preeminent instructors working at the cutting edge of survey research around the world. Instruction is geared toward graduate students, faculty, and research practitioners in the social sciences, though advanced undergraduates may also apply. Sessions will include a combination of presentations,

[More ...]
No Replies
Tara Slough
Mon, 5 Feb 2024 11:28:37 -0500
Dear Colleagues,

Registration is now open for the Rebecca B. Morton Conference on
Experimental Political Science on March 1st and 2nd at
http://tinyurl.com/mortonconference.

We have an excellent set of papers and a poster session for graduate
students. Lunches, Friday dinner, and Saturday breakfast will be provided
for all registered attendees. Please visit the conference website
<https://wp.nyu.edu/cesspoliticalscienceconference/> for the conference
schedule and logistical information.

[More ...]
No Replies
Carl Bialik
Sat, 3 Feb 2024 16:06:55 +0000
YouGov America is hiring two interns for its U.S. News team, which conducts and publishes polls on topics of public interest.

Both positions will be focused on politics and elections, can be based anywhere in the U.S., and are paid and part-time for three months. Start date is flexible and can be as soon as the positions are filled.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kevin M Esterling
Thu, 1 Feb 2024 18:58:58 +0000
The 41st annual meeting of the Society for Political Methodology will take place July 18-20, 2024, at the Mission Inn Hotel and Spa<https://www.missioninn.com/> in Riverside, CA. The meeting is hosted by the UC Riverside School of Public Policy and Department of Political Science.

Please see the conference website https://polmeth.ucr.edu/ for more details and how to apply.

[More ...]
No Replies
Karl van Meter (via aimsl Mailing List)
Thu, 1 Feb 2024 16:23:06 +0100
Thanks to Amira Mouakher & [reseaux-sociaux]

Deadline: 21 February 2024

Fourth French Regional Conference on Complex Systems

May 29 - 31, 2024

Montpellier, France

FRCCS 2024 [1]

After successfully hosting the conference in Dijon in 2021, Paris in
2022, and Le Havre in 2023, the fourth edition of the French Regional
Conference on Complex Systems (FRCCS 2024) will be held in Montpellier,
France. This single track international conference organized by CSS
France [2] serves as a platform to foster interdisciplinary exchanges
among researchers from various scientific disciplines and diverse
backgrounds, including sociology, economics, history, management,
archaeology, geography, linguistics, statistics, mathematics,

[More ...]
No Replies
rkw
Thu, 1 Feb 2024 08:21:08 -0700
Note: Submission date is March 1.

We are pleased to announce the Tenth Behavioral Models of Politics (BMP) Conference will be held at the University of Pittsburgh on May 24-25, 2024! The BMP conference aims to bring together scholars to discuss and share research related to various ways that analytical models of politics can be broadened to include “behavioral” concepts. The conference encourages a dialogue between groups of scholars — theorists, empiricists and behavioral experimentalists — who all provide critical insight into political behavior, but who often remain siloed.
The conference is open to all sub-fields in political science as

[More ...]
No Replies
Remizova, Alisa
Thu, 1 Feb 2024 13:31:51 +0000
***Apologies for cross-posting***

Dear colleagues,

GESIS invites you to expand your toolkit in advanced statistical modeling in R and Stata in the upcoming online workshops:

20. - 22.03. Applied Multiverse Analysis<https://bit.ly/App-multiverse-analysis> (Online)
Reinhard Schunck, Johanna Pauliks

24. - 26.04. Introduction to Deep Learning in R<https://bit.ly/deeplearning_R> (Online)
Christian Arnold

06. - 08.05. Advanced Bayesian Statistical Modeling in R and Stan<https://bit.ly/bayesianstats_R> (Online)
Denis Cohen

[More ...]
No Replies
Polsi Graduate
Thu, 1 Feb 2024 09:30:03 +0000
* Job title: Assistant Professor in Political Science and Qualitative Methods
* Institution Name: Department of Political Science, Trinity College Dublin
* Deadline for applications: 12 Noon 4th March 2024
* Web link for further information: http://jobs.tcd.ie<http://jobs.tcd.ie/>

Further information to be included if possible:

To view the full job description please click on the link in the Further Information section. (Please note that this attachment is available in a number of different formats, upon request.)

[More ...]
No Replies
Padi Hallam Joseph
Wed, 31 Jan 2024 18:59:28 -0500
Sharing the news that my team within Meta's marketing department,
Measurement and Survey Science, is hiring. We are a team of social
scientists with strong backgrounds in political science, sociology,
psychology, and econ (among other areas) and a passion for solving
marketing problems. The MSS team has driven or collaborated on brand
measurement recommendations for nearly all of Meta's business units,
including WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, Reality Labs, and others. This
full-time position with excellent benefits and stock options would be a
great fit for many in this PolMeth community, and will be based in-office
in either Menlo Park, CA or

[More ...]
No Replies
Matthew Arp
Wed, 31 Jan 2024 18:00:01 +0000
Good Afternoon,

I hope you are doing well. LISPOP is running a series of online workshops during Reading Week on R and Reproducible Research. I am reaching out to you to ask if you would be so kind to disseminate these in your networks? Thank you for your support.

LISPOP is excited to announce the 2024 Online Winter Workshops on R and Reproducible Research!

[More ...]
No Replies
Katherine Keith
Wed, 31 Jan 2024 11:10:51 -0500
Sixth Workshop on NLP and Computational Social Science (NLP+CSS) at NAACL
2024

Language is deeply intertwined with nearly all human social processes. We
do not expect teenagers to speak like senior citizens, and we recognize the
mutual dependency between language and the ways people interact with and
even conceptualize the world. Although this interdependence is at the core
of models in both natural language processing (NLP) and (computational)
social sciences (CSS), these two fields are continuing to come together,
with many opportunities for novel methods, research insights, and potential
applications. Humans with different social attributes and cultural
backgrounds (compared to

[More ...]
No Replies
Hocine Cherifi
Wed, 31 Jan 2024 15:51:32 +0100

*FRCCS 2024* <https://iutdijon.u-bourgogne.fr/ccs-france/>

<https://www.cssfrance.org/> serves as a platform to foster
interdisciplinary exchanges among researchers from various scientific
disciplines and diverse backgrounds, including sociology, economics,
history, management, archaeology, geography, linguistics, statistics,
mathematics, and computer science.

[More ...]
No Replies
Amy Yang
Tue, 30 Jan 2024 17:32:45 -0500
Workshop on Advanced Research Methods (WARM) is an online workshop for
sharing innovations and innovative uses of advanced research methods, held
on selected Thursdays 8:30-9:30 PM (US ET). Please join the mailing list at
www.starflame.org/list or visit www.starflame.org/warm for more information.

*2024 Schedule (**Registration link:* *https://rb.gy/d6q7a7
<https://rb.gy/d6q7a7>**)*

1. Feb 22, Audit Studies: Theory, Methods, and Nuance, *S. Michael Gaddis*,
NWEA and formerly UCLA

[More ...]
No Replies
Raymond Duch
Tue, 30 Jan 2024 18:24:09 +0000
EXTENDED DEADLINE to submit your paper proposal/s for the IMEBESS 2024 – 15th February!

Andris Saulitis (University of Latvia & Collegio Carlo Alberto,) along with the EPS Academic are pleased to announce the Eighth International Meeting on Experimental and Behavioural Social Sciences (IMEBESS) at the University of Latvia, Academic Centre, Riga, Latvia, 23 -25 May 2024

[More ...]
No Replies
Michael Zyphur
Tue, 30 Jan 2024 11:02:27 +1100
Hi everyone

Last chance to register for Instats's exclusive 2-day introduction to
Information-Theoretic
Modeling and Inference: Theory and Practice
<https://instats.org/seminar/information-theoretic-modeling-and-infer2> by
professor Amos Golan, running Feb 8 - 9. Info-metrics is a framework for
rational inference based on insufficient and imperfect information. This
workshop explores the use and application of Information-Theoretic Modeling
and Inference in a variety of scientific fields, emphasizing the use of
info-metrics for solving complex, uncertain problems that traditional
methods struggle with, and includes practical sessions with software
experiments. Aimed at a wide range of researchers, the workshop offers deep
theoretical insights and practical skills, enhancing participants'

[More ...]
No Replies
Collin Paschall
Fri, 26 Jan 2024 10:26:40 -0500
The Data Analytics and Policy program at Johns Hopkins University is hiring
an assistant program director with the academic rank of Lecturer or Senior
Lecturer. The MS in Data Analytics and Policy blends data science training
with substantive coverage of politics and policymaking. The assistant p
rogram director has academic and administrative duties supporting the
curriculum, students, faculty, and the program’s public presence. The
position is based out of Washington, D.C. The teaching load is five
courses/year.

[More ...]
No Replies
Tim Peterson
Thu, 25 Jan 2024 12:39:00 -0600
My co-PI and I are hiring a postdoc to assist in data collection and analysis as part of an NSF-funded research project: “Government-imposed Restrictions on International Economic Relations.” This project seeks to collect detailed, time-varying data on all government-mandated restrictions by the US, EU, and UN on the international flow of goods, services, money, finance, and investment, as well as restrictions on travel, media, and diplomacy, for the years spanning 1992 to 2023. These data will be used in research aimed at understanding what affects the composition and severity of government-imposed economic restrictions, as well as how the composition of

[More ...]
No Replies
Stephanie Carpenter
Thu, 25 Jan 2024 09:32:11 -0500
Greetings, polmeth!

The ICPSR Summer Program in Quantitative Methods is now accepting
scholarship applications for its 2024 Program. These scholarships provide
registration fee waivers for our General Sessions, a comprehensive methods
training program comprising more than 40 courses and lectures, including
intro stats, MLE, machine learning, longitudinal and panel data analysis,
theoretical modeling, Bayes, and more. All General Session courses are
offered in-person (on the University of Michigan campus in Ann Arbor) and
online.

[More ...]
No Replies
Polsi Graduate
Thu, 25 Jan 2024 13:01:27 +0000
* PhD title: PhD Studentship Political Science
* Institution Name: Department of Political Science, Trinity College Dublin
* Deadline for applications: 1st April 2024
* Web link for further information: https://www.tcd.ie/Political_Science/assets/pdfs/Postgraduate/PhD_studentships_2024-25.pdf

Further information to be included if possible:

SCHOLARSHIP FOR PHD STUDY IN POLITICAL SCIENCE

The Department of Political Science invites applications for four-year fully funded PhD studentships at Trinity College Dublin. Application for financial support is automatically considered as part of the normal admissions process. The Department typically provides financial support in the form of tuition grants, stipends, teaching and research assistantships, and support for postgraduate conference and research

[More ...]
No Replies
Malone, Iris
Wed, 24 Jan 2024 20:54:57 +0000
Hello,

I’m excited to share that my company, GeoQuant, is looking to hire an analyst for our growing data science team. This would be a great fit for many in the PolMeth community and hope we can encourage your consideration.

To apply go to: https://careers.fitch.group/job/New-York-Political-Scientist-NY-10001/1028225701/?Codes=W-38837

Job description posted below. If there are any questions, please feel free to reach out.

[More ...]
No Replies
Friedolin Merhout
Tue, 23 Jan 2024 15:55:13 +0000
Dear colleagues,

For this year’s Nordic Sociological Association conference, Mauro Martinelli and I are organizing a session on “Advances, Opportunities, and Challenges of Digital Trace Data for Social Science Research” (see attached session description). The conference welcomes submissions from across Europe and the globe – our session particularly welcomes submission from beyond sociology – and, this year, is hosted by the Institute for Analytical Sociology (IAS) in Norrköping from August 14 to 16. Find the conference website here: https://liu.se/en/research/nsa2024

[More ...]
No Replies
Ingrid Haas
Mon, 22 Jan 2024 21:32:47 +0000
Dear colleagues,

Drs. Geoff Lorenz, Rupal Mehta, and Ingrid Haas are hiring a part-time Research Assistant (30 hours/week) to work on a grant-funded project focused on Congress and nuclear weapons policy. Applications will be reviewed starting 2/22. Please reach out to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with questions.

Job posting: https://employment.unl.edu/postings/89566

The Research Assistant will work with faculty in the Department of Political Science and Center for Brain, Biology, and Behavior on interdisciplinary research at the intersection of international security, American politics, and political psychology. The Research Assistant will be responsible for overseeing research on a grant-funded project focused on foreign policy decision making

[More ...]
No Replies
Betsy Sinclair
Sun, 21 Jan 2024 20:22:51 -0600
Dear PolMeth Community,

I'm writing to you in my capacity as PolMeth president and to ask for your
help. We are increasingly receiving papers at *Political Analysis* that
engage with AI & GPT, an emerging area of excitement for our field. We
would like to put together a roster of reviewers that we would trust to
review these papers.

[More ...]
No Replies
Motolinia Carballo, Lucia
Sun, 21 Jan 2024 19:18:23 +0000
The Visions in Methodology Conference (VIM 2024) will take place on May 24th 2024, at Washington University in St Louis.

VIM is designed to address the broad goal of supporting women who study political methodology. VIM began as an implementation of recommendations for improved networking and systematic mentoring from the recent National Academy of Sciences report, the APSA Workshop on the Advancement of Women in Academic Political Science, and the 2006 Political Methodology Long Range Strategic Planning Committee Report. VIM provides opportunities for scholarly progress, networking, and professional mentoring in research and teaching in order to support women in the

[More ...]
No Replies
Bisbee, James H
Sat, 20 Jan 2024 00:53:24 +0000
Hello

Due to a technical error, the old SoWEPS email address is no longer accessible. **If you have already submitted, please forward the email to [log in to unmask]**. We apologize for the inconvenience, and have extended the deadline to January 26th, with the announcement of accepted papers moved to February 1st.

The full updated call for proposals is provided below:

[More ...]
No Replies
Michael Zyphur
Fri, 19 Jan 2024 12:30:35 +1100
Hi everyone

Instats is pleased to present four exclusive livestreaming seminars on
integrating AI into your research, demystifying the fundamentals of AI and
large language models with a deep dive into the theory and practice of
their use for social and political research. They offer a cutting-edge
exploration of how AI in general and generative AI specifically can
revolutionize your research, empowering you with the knowledge and tools
you need to advance your research agenda in the ever-evolving landscape of
AI technology.

[More ...]
No Replies
Giancarlo Visconti
Thu, 18 Jan 2024 14:29:29 -0500
Dear colleagues,

The Midwest Workshop in Empirical Political Science (MWEPS) is accepting
applications for its Spring 2024 meeting! The eleventh meeting of MWEPS
will be held in-person at the Department of Political Science at Penn State
on *Friday, March 29, 2024.*

MWEPS is a network of graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, and junior-
and associate-level faculty who use empirical methods to study the
political economy of development and governance in the Global South. Our
workshops use a "read ahead" format (no presentations) and have provided
dozens of political scientists with friendly, constructive feedback since
2018. We hope to continue our success

[More ...]
No Replies
Reiko ARAMI
Thu, 18 Jan 2024 14:43:07 +0900
Dear Colleagues,

The Graduate School of Law, Nagoya University is currently in search of a
dedicated individual to assume the position of a full-time,
non-tenure-track Professor or Associate Professor in Public Policy. The
focus is on public administration or related subfields of political
science, with a particular emphasis on candidates possessing expertise in
data science. The anticipated commencement date for this position is April
1st, 2025.

[More ...]
No Replies
Fang-Yi Chiou
Thu, 18 Jan 2024 13:00:37 +0800
Dear all,

Academia Sinica in Taiwan is currently accepting applications for a 2-year postdoctoral position (https://asms.sinica.edu.tw/en/News/Detail?n=51). The Institute of Political Science requires applicants to secure a sponsor and submit their applications by February 23 to meet Academia Sinica's official deadline (please see more detailed information below). If you are interested in having me as your sponsor for this position and specialize in data science or its applications in political science, please feel free to contact me. Thank you.

[More ...]
No Replies
Lee Slinger
Wed, 17 Jan 2024 15:36:48 +0000
Dear Colleagues:

Please find linked the posting for a postdoctoral fellowship in the Policy, Elections, and Representation Lab (PEARL), led by Professor Peter J. Loewen<https://munkschool.utoronto.ca/person/peter-loewen>, Director, Munk School of Global Affairs and Public Policy at the University of Toronto. This position will support a large research project on the information ecosystem in Canada. It is best suited to candidates with extensive experience in quantitative analysis and in programming survey experiments. Candidates with PhD in hand or with defence dates set are equally welcome.

[More ...]
No Replies
Daniel Ho
Wed, 17 Jan 2024 07:07:48 -0800
Hi everyone,

Professors Percy Liang <https://cs.stanford.edu/~pliang/> (CS, statistics)
and Dan Ho <https://dho.stanford.edu/> (law, political science, CS) are
excited to hire a postdoc on the governance of foundation models.

Please feel free to circulate to anyone who might be interested!

The posting and link to apply are here:

https://hai.stanford.edu/postdoctoral-researcher-position-governance-foundation-models

Thanks!

Dan
No Replies
David Broockman
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 20:58:38 -0800
https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF04277

The Berkeley Center for American Democracy, led by Professor David
Broockman at the University of California, Berkeley (UCB), is seeking a
Postdoctoral Scholar for research projects on the topics of political
polarization, public opinion, and/or political culture in the United
States. The position is a full-time research opportunity that provides
freedom to develop one’s own research part-time. It is expected that the
postdoctoral scholar will actively publish research findings and present
research. In addition, the postdoctoral scholar will:

[More ...]
No Replies
Donald P Green
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 11:06:33 -0500
Postdoctoral Associate

*Yale University: Institution for Social and Policy Studies*

*Location*

New Haven, CT

*Open Date*

Dec 19, 2023

*Deadline*

Dec 19, 2024 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time

*Description*

Professors Alan Gerber and Donald Green seek a postdoc to assist them as
they prepare the second edition of their textbook, *Field Experiments:
Design, Analysis, and Interpretation*. Because the new edition will include
original material from newly collected data, we anticipate that the postdoc
will also have opportunities to collaborate on journal-length publications.

[More ...]
No Replies
Aidar Zinnatullin
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 15:46:58 +0100
The Institute of Communication Psychology and Media Education (IKM) is looking for a PhD candidate or Postdoc (m/f/d) in the field of political communication. The position is assigned to the team of Prof. Dr. Michaela Maier.
We are looking for a person with a clear scientific qualification goal. The position can be filled as a doctoral position (usually 75%) or postdoctoral position (100%).
We offer integration into a dynamic, highly motivated working group, which provides both opportunities for collaboration and exchange as well as the freedom to develop your own ideas.

[More ...]
No Replies
Wenz, Sebastian
Mon, 15 Jan 2024 10:24:34 +0000
***Apologies for cross-posting***

Dear colleagues,

There are just few places left in two of three courses at this year's GESIS Spring Seminar! There is no registration deadline; places are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.

The Spring Seminar offers high-quality training in state-of-the-art techniques in quantitative data analysis taught by leading experts in the field. It is designed for advanced graduate or PhD students, post-docs, as well as junior and senior researchers. In 2024, all courses will deal with "Recent Developments in Longitudinal Data Analysis" in the social sciences and beyond.

[More ...]
No Replies
EITM Institute
Fri, 12 Jan 2024 15:22:28 +0000
We are now accepting applications for the 2024 EITM Scholarship to attend the ICPSR Summer Program in Quantitative Methods at the University of Michigan. Scholarships cover tuition for up to two sessions of study. The application deadline is Friday, March 15, 2024. Information and application link<https://eitminstitute.org/programs/scholarship-program/>.
No Replies
Chase Lurgio
Thu, 11 Jan 2024 16:37:49 +0000
Hello,

The Pivot Group is hiring a Senior Data Analyst to join our Targeting & Analytics Department. Full job description and application instructions are linked here<https://thepivot.bamboohr.com/careers/81?source=aWQ9Njc%3D>.

Title: Senior Data Analyst
Reporting to: Targeting Director
Salary: $80,000 - $85,000
Location: Remote – US

Thank you,

Chase Lurgio
The Pivot Group
www.thepivot.com<http://www.thepivot.com>

Summary

As a leader on Pivot’s Targeting and Analytics team, your focus is on using data to inform political strategy for our clients. Working collaboratively with Pivot’s Client Services team, you are bringing your vast experience with political data and analytics, along with your knowledge of the most up-to-date political

[More ...]
No Replies
Stephanie Carpenter
Thu, 11 Jan 2024 09:31:03 -0500
Now hiring teaching assistants for 2024 ICPSR Summer Program quant methods
courses!

ICPSR, a unit within the University of Michigan’s Institute for Social
Research, hosts a Summer Program in Quantitative Methods that offers
courses in statistics, quantitative and qualitative research methods, and
data analysis, from introductory to advanced levels.

The Summer Program is now hiring teaching assistants to help with its 40+
General Session courses, including regression analysis, Bayes, multilevel
models, SEM, intro stats, machine learning, network analysis, and more.
Courses run from June 10-August 2, 2024.

[More ...]
No Replies
Ashley Grosse, Ph.D.
Thu, 11 Jan 2024 00:36:19 +0000
Dear all,

YouGov's Scientific Research Group invites applications for a full-time Senior Analyst. We are looking for an individual combining programming skills in R with an interest in survey methodology and modeling.

Please see the job description below.

To apply go to: https://boards.eu.greenhouse.io/yougov/jobs/4265590101

Senior Analyst, Scientific Research Group
Job Description

YouGov is looking for a technically sophisticated Senior Analyst to join the Analytics team within the Scientific Research Group. SRG is a fast-growing business unit within YouGov focusing on custom surveys and trackers in technology, politics, health, and other research areas with complex designs and client needs.

[More ...]
No Replies
Stefani Langehennig
Wed, 10 Jan 2024 19:54:25 +0000
Dear colleagues,
Please see the announcement below for the Bayes BATS program. While the PI's note the program is geared towards STEM faculty, they also value interdisciplinary perspectives and encourage political scientists and policy scholars focused on quantitative methodology (especially Bayesian methods) to apply.
Questions can be directed to Monika Hu at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
Best,
Stefani

[More ...]
No Replies
Molly Roberts
Wed, 10 Jan 2024 09:11:01 -0800
Colleagues,

The Halıcıoğlu Data Science Institute and School for Global Policy and
Strategy at UCSD have a joint search for tenure-track faculty in data
science and public policy. Please see the job posting here:
https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/JPF03810. Don't hesitate to reach out if you
have any questions.

Best,
Molly
No Replies
Omar Taleb
Wed, 10 Jan 2024 10:58:56 -0500
This is a reminder that there are a few days left to submit your extended
abstract to the 2024 Social Media and Society Conference (#SMSociety).

This year's #SMSociety will be held in-person at the London College of
Communication in London, England from 16-18 July.

In keeping with the conference’s inter- and transdisciplinary focus, we
welcome both quantitative and qualitative scholarly and original
submissions that crosses disciplinary boundaries and expands our
understanding of current and future trends in social media research across
many fields including (but not limited to): Communication, Computer
Science, Critical Data Studies, Education, Journalism, Information Science,
Law, Management,

[More ...]
No Replies
Lupu, Noam
Mon, 8 Jan 2024 21:13:31 +0000
LAPOP Lab Announces the Second Annual Summer School in International Survey Methods!

Vanderbilt's LAPOP Lab is delighted to announce the 2024 Summer School in International Survey Methods, to be held this coming June 17-27, 2024.

The summer school is a 9-day intensive training program in survey methods with a particular focus on applications outside the US. The school takes place in person on Vanderbilt's campus in Nashville and features a variety of preeminent instructors working at the cutting edge of survey research around the world. Instruction is geared toward graduate students, faculty, and research practitioners in the social sciences, though

[More ...]
No Replies
Daniel Hopkins
Mon, 8 Jan 2024 09:48:05 -0500
Dear Colleagues,

Again with apologies about the overlap with POLMETH XLI, I wanted to resend
the Call for Proposals and Tutorials for IC2S2, a premiere international
computational social science conference.

Best,
Dan

10th International Conference on Computational Social Science (IC2S2) -
Call for Abstracts and Tutorials

Date: July 17-20, 2024

Location: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Conference website: https://ic2s2-2024.org/

Submission website:
https://openreview.net/group?id=IC2S2.org/2024/Conference

[More ...]
No Replies
Kevin Collins
Fri, 5 Jan 2024 10:00:36 -0500
Hello!

Survey 160 is hiring another full-time survey manager to work with us
administering live interviewer SMS surveys and text-to-web surveys. If
folks on this list know recent undergraduates or grad students with whom
they've worked closely with at a university survey research center for
example, please feel free to share this listing. It's a fully remote
position, and it is a permanent addition to our staff, not just a hire for
the 2024 election cycle. The full listing is below, and I'm happy to answer
any questions

[More ...]
No Replies
Jonathan Solis
Thu, 4 Jan 2024 17:10:53 -0600
Dear POLMETH Editors,

Please find a job advertisement that our lab would appreciate you
circulated on the POLMETH Listserv. If you have any questions, please let
me know.

*[position]*
TWO Part-time Research Analyst positions for AidData PAU

*[job description]*
The Global Research Institute at William & Mary is currently seeking TWO
part-time Senior Research Analysts to support the Policy and Analysis Unit
within AidData. They will be responsible for conducting quantitative and
qualitative analysis on a variety of projects as well as supporting the
writing of reports.

[More ...]
No Replies
Michael Alvarez
Thu, 4 Jan 2024 12:51:47 -0800
Hi --

Caltech's Center for Science, Society, and Public Policy and Caltech's
Department for Computing and Mathematical Sciences is looking for
postdoctoral scholars interested in research on AI and public policy. We
welcome applicants from the social sciences who are interested in using AI
and other computational approaches to understand important public policy
problems. Additional information about the position and how to apply is
available here:

[More ...]
No Replies
Slava Jankin
Thu, 4 Jan 2024 20:05:59 +0000
The Centre for Artificial Intelligence in Government (CAIG)<https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/research/centre-for-artificial-intelligence-in-government/index.aspx> at the University of Birmingham invites applications for a Research Fellow with background in Machine Learning or Natural Language Processing to work on data science and AI applications across various research themes in the Centre<https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/research/centre-for-artificial-intelligence-in-government/research/index.aspx>: AI for Democracy; AI for Global Affairs; AI for Government and Policy; and AI for the Health and Climate change Nexus. This is a 3-year position.

[More ...]
No Replies
rkw
Wed, 3 Jan 2024 16:12:38 -0700
We are pleased to announce the Tenth Behavioral Models of Politics (BMP) Conference will be held at the University of Pittsburgh on May 24-25, 2024! The BMP conference aims to bring together scholars to discuss and share research related to various ways that analytical models of politics can be broadened to include “behavioral” concepts. The conference encourages a dialogue between groups of scholars — theorists, empiricists and behavioral experimentalists — who all provide critical insight into political behavior, but who often remain siloed.
The conference is open to all sub-fields in political science as well as related disciplines. We welcome

[More ...]
No Replies
Michaël Aklin
Wed, 3 Jan 2024 11:35:33 +0000
Dear Colleagues,

My group at EPFL (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne, Switzerland) is looking for two people to join us:

1. A postdoc for 2 years. Flexible starting date. Link: https://recruiting.epfl.ch/Vacancies/3221/Description/2.

2. A PhD student, fully funded, for 4 years (starting September 2024). Link: https://www.epfl.ch/about/working/cdm-phd-position-in-policy-sustainability-pasu/.

We are looking for people with an interest in sustainability policy/economics (writ large) and strong technical skills (e.g. causal inference, computational science, theoretical modeling, etc.). More information about the kind of work we do is available here: https://www.epfl.ch/labs/pasu/.

[More ...]
No Replies
Nathan Lee
Thu, 28 Dec 2023 15:13:02 -0500
Dear Research Community,

I’m excited to share this unique opportunity to come help me lead
CivicPulse as we continue to grow. If you’re interested in applying, you
can email me your resume and cover letter (details below).

Thanks,

Nathan Lee

Founder and Managing Director, CivicPulse
PhD, Political Science, Stanford University

**About CivicPulse**

CivicPulse is a fast-growing nonprofit startup dedicated to bridging the
gap between academic research and local and state government. We do this
both through representative surveys of public officials as well as through
administrative data collection on key areas of interest to both researcher
and practitioner communities.

[More ...]
No Replies
Nathan Lee
Thu, 28 Dec 2023 15:11:26 -0500
Dear Research Community,

CivicPulse is happy to announce that is now accepting applications for our
2024 U.S. National Omnibus Surveys of Local and State Government. Because
CivicPulse subsidizes these surveys as part of its 501(c)(3) mission, this
opportunity is only open to graduate students who have not yet worked with
CivicPulse. More information about our custom surveys, which are available
to anyone, can be found here <https://www.civicpulse.org/survey-services>.

[More ...]
No Replies
Olivella, Santiago
Tue, 26 Dec 2023 18:43:26 +0000
Dear all,

I hope your winter breaks are going well! I am excited to announce the winners of the best poster awards for this year's Latin American PolMeth, hosted by Universidade de Pernambuco in Recife, Brazil.

The first place was awarded to Vitória Sgorlon and Ignacio Urbina (Stony Brook University) for their project, "Fractured Trust: The Effect of Vicarious and Direct Experiences with Police Violence on Trust in the Police, Political Trust, and Satisfaction with Democracy." With a focus on Brazil, the authors conduct two studies to test whether citizens' experiences with police violence affect their political attitudes. Study 1

[More ...]
No Replies
Sarah Smullen
Tue, 19 Dec 2023 15:26:42 +0000
* Job title: Assistant Professors in Political Science and Data Science x2
* Institution Name: Department of Political Science, Trinity College Dublin
* Deadline for applications: 12 Noon on 22nd January 2024
* Web link for further information: http://jobs.tcd.ie

Further information to be included if possible:

The Department of Political Science, School of Social Sciences and Philosophy is seeking to appoint two Assistant Professors in Political Science and Data Science, to commence on 1st September 2024.

[More ...]
No Replies
Jonathan Nagler
Wed, 13 Dec 2023 14:19:38 -0500
Dear Political Methodologists,

The NYU Center for Social Media and Politics (https://csmapnyu.org) is looking to hire several postdoctoral associates, with the positions to begin Fall, 2024.

We have three distinct positions you can apply for. In an effort to save your time and ours, please do not apply for more than one; if we think you are a better fit for a different listing we will automatically consider you for that listing.

[More ...]
No Replies
Simon Chauchard
Wed, 13 Dec 2023 11:28:11 +0100
Dear polmeth members,

I am looking for up to 2 post-docs or pre-docs to join the IC3JM
<https://ic3jm.es/en/>'s PIMlab <https://pimlab.org/> in Madrid and assist
on my ERC project on misinformation in India and Brazil (POLARCHATS
<https://pimlab.org/projects/polarchats>).

The detailed ad is HERE.
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk1d7h1vnes51b5/VacancyPostdocs%20copy.pdf?dl=0>

To add to the skillset of the current PIMlab team <https://pimlab.org/>, we
are especially looking to recruit scholars to assist with:

[More ...]
No Replies
Dietrich, Bryce Jensen
Mon, 11 Dec 2023 20:42:44 +0000
Hi All-

The C-SPAN Center for Scholarship and Engagement @ Purdue will be hosting its first annual Video Research Institute (VRI) this upcoming summer (June 23-28, 2024). Here is the information:

https://cla.purdue.edu/communication/ccse/video-research-institute/

Participants will cover their travel to West Lafayette, IN, but everything else is on us (tuition, lodging, food, etc.).

The curriculum will be developed and taught by yours truly (Bryce J. Dietrich, Associate Professor @ Purdue). Each day we will cover either NLP, Audio Classification, or Image/Video Classification, with the morning consisting of a lecture and the afternoon consisting of an interactive lab.

[More ...]
No Replies
Fabio Franchino
Sun, 10 Dec 2023 17:27:54 +0000
The Department of Social and Political Science of the University of Milan is hiring for a new Tenure-Track Position on Computational Social and Political Science to join the team of scholars at its Computational Models and Designs Hub ( https://cmdhub.unimi.it/ ).

We are particularly interested in candidates who have an international profile and combine computational applications and causal analysis in their scholarly work. It is a great opportunity to work at the intersection of artificial intelligence and social and political research. The winning candidate will teach advanced modules on causal and computational analysis for political science.

[More ...]
No Replies
Stephen Rafael Monteiro
Sun, 10 Dec 2023 16:28:44 +0000
Dear Political Methodology Society,

I hope you and yours are taking care. We would greatly appreciate if you could help broadcast information about a faculty search for an Assistant Professor of Instruction in Computational Social Science. Northwestern's Political Science department is a great place to work with strong funding opportunities to hire graduate and undergraduate research assistants. From my perspective as a staff member, I'm happy to share more about what the role entails or to answer any administrative questions about the search. Links and job ad below.

[More ...]
No Replies
Pedro Ramaciotti
Fri, 8 Dec 2023 15:18:42 +0100
Postdoc in Computational Social Sciences
20 months @ Paris (send applications by 4 Jan, 2024)

About the médialab
The médialab <https://medialab.sciencespo.fr/> is an interdisciplinary research laboratory of Sciences Po in Paris. It brings together sociologists, political scientists, engineers, designers, and computer scientists, who carry out thematic and methodological research exploiting and questioning the place taken by the digital transformation in our societies. The médialab is highly committed to computational methods and to developing research in computational social sciences.

[More ...]
No Replies
Ben Goldsmith
Fri, 8 Dec 2023 00:22:22 +0000
Dear Colleagues,

This is a reminder that ANU is again offering our fully online Summer School in Political Analysis (SSPA) in January-February 2024 (i.e., northern-hemisphere winter). SSPA provides a sequenced combination of foundational and advanced short-course topics focused on methods in political science.

The deadline to register is Friday, 12 January.

Full details are found on the SSPA website (https://politicsir.cass.anu.edu.au/spir-summerwinter-courses#acton-tabs-link--tabs-0-row_2-2 ).

[More ...]
No Replies
Karl van Meter (via aimsl Mailing List)
Thu, 7 Dec 2023 14:58:01 +0100
Deadline: 31 January 2024

Faculty Position in sociology at ENSAE Paris-CREST, France

ENSAE Paris and CREST are currently inviting applications for a
position of Assistant (tenure-track) or Associate Professor in
Sociology.

For further details see:
https://crest.science/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/CREST_Assistant_Position_Sociology.pdf.

Submission deadline: 31 January 2024

ENSAE Paris and CREST are currently inviting applications for a position
of Assistant or Associate Professor in
Sociology.

ENSAE Paris is one of the leading French Grande Écoles, specialized in
Economics, Data Science, Quantitative Social
Sciences, among other areas. CREST is the associated interdisciplinary
center for research on quantitative methods
applied to the social sciences. Both institutions are part

[More ...]
No Replies
Herman, Biz
Tue, 5 Dec 2023 14:12:00 +0000
The Borders and Boundaries Research Group<https://global.upenn.edu/perryworldhouse/borders-and-boundaries-project> at University of Pennsylvania is looking to hire a post-doctoral researcher in the social sciences interested in working with our team (PI: Beth Simmons) on any aspect of international bordering.

A description of the position is attached. Please apply through Interfolio here<https://apply.interfolio.com/137505>.

Applicants will be asked to submit a cover letter, CV/resume, one-page research statement, writing sample, unofficial Ph.D. transcript (current graduate students only), and two letters from people familiar with your research skills.

[More ...]
No Replies
Ju Yeon Julia Park
Mon, 4 Dec 2023 12:51:21 -0500
Dear PolMeth Community,

Please see below the job opportunity for tenured scholars.
This is a rare, very well-resourced position.
We would appreciate it if you can spread the words about this position!

Best,

Julia
No Replies
Hopkins, Vince
Thu, 30 Nov 2023 21:45:01 +0000
PhD Fellowship in Canadian Politics, Data Science, and Immigration (Department of Political Science, UBC) — September 2024

Dr. Vince Hopkins is accepting applications for a fully-funded PhD position in Canadian politics and immigration. The methodological focus involves data science, especially randomized experiments. The position will start September 2024.

UBC Political Science is a global top-30 department. We offer high-impact graduate instruction from 30+ renowned research faculty. Our graduates excel in academic positions worldwide and lead thriving careers in government, business, and the non-profit sector.

[More ...]
No Replies
Thu, 30 Nov 2023 11:41:11 -0800
Hi,

We are excited to announce that we are hiring for new Data Scientist positions to join the growing GeoMatch team at the Immigration Policy Lab at Stanford. We are particularly interested in candidates who love to dive into code and would want to improve the operations of the GeoMatch algorithm and work on the software deployments in various countries. This is a great opportunity to work in a collaborative team at the intersection of AI, research, and public policy.

[More ...]
No Replies
Daniel Hopkins
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 09:47:01 -0500
Dear POLMETH Colleagues,

With sincere apologies that this overlaps with POLMETH XLI due to
unavoidable scheduling constraints, I wanted to warmly invite you to submit
abstracts and/or tutorial proposals to join us in Philadelphia next July
17-20, 2024 for IC2S2, a leading computational social science conference.

Best,
Dan

*#####*

10th International Conference on Computational Social Science (IC2S2) -
Call for Abstracts and Tutorials

[More ...]
No Replies
戴士展
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 11:28:57 +0800
Dear all:

The Department of Political Science at NCCU is hiring an Assistant Professor in one of the following fields: technology and politics, political economy, and American politics. Please see the link to job information as well as the brief description of the position below. The deadline for application is February 19, 2024.

[More ...]
No Replies
Peter Enns
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 02:08:58 +0000
Greetings,

We are looking to hire someone to work with us on our 2024 US Presidential Electoral College forecast. Our 2020 forecast, conducted more than 100 days prior to the election, correctly predicted the 2020 vote<https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/11/12/we-predicted-states-biden-would-win-100-days-before-election/> outcome in every state but one. The person hired will be invited to co-author on published work from the project. The position can be remote.

[More ...]
No Replies
Gottlieb, Jessica A
Mon, 27 Nov 2023 14:23:23 +0000
Dear colleagues:

The University of Houston's Hobby School of Public Affairs is hiring an Assistant Professor in Politics, Economics and Public Policy. The job ad and instructions to apply are here<https://uhs.taleo.net/careersection/ex2_uhf/jobdetail.ftl?job=FAC003194>. Review of applications will begin on December 15. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Best wishes,
Jessica

Jessica Gottlieb
Associate Professor
Hobby School of Public Affairs
University of Houston
uh.edu/hobby/about/faculty/jessica-gottlieb<https://uh.edu/hobby/about/faculty/jessica-gottlieb/>
No Replies
Mihas, Paul
Tue, 21 Nov 2023 18:52:00 +0000
ResearchTalk<https://researchtalk.com/QRSI2024> and the Odum Institute for Research in Social Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill<https://odum.unc.edu/> present:

The 21st Annual Qualitative Research Summer Intensive (Courses offered exclusively online via Zoom)

Dates: July 22-26 and July 31-August 2, 2024

Registration is now open!

* Join us for up to 8 days of qualitative research professional development courses.
* Visit https://www.researchtalk.com/QRSI2024 for more information and to register.

[More ...]
No Replies
Jacob M. Montgomery
Mon, 20 Nov 2023 08:00:00 -0600
Dear PolMeth Community:

Please see the job opportunity below. This would be a great opportunity
for a great masters student or a PostBacc with strong technical skills.
No Replies
Aigerim Nurseitova
Mon, 20 Nov 2023 05:48:23 -0600
Call for Papers

EIGHTH ANNUAL TARTU CONFERENCE ON EAST EUROPEAN AND EURASIAN STUDIES

Area Studies in Crisis? In Search of New Approaches in East European and Eurasian Studies

20–21 June 2024, Tartu, Estonia

Conference webpage: https://tartuconference.ut.ee

The Centre for Eurasian and Russian Studies (CEURUS) at the University of Tartu invites proposals for full panels, roundtables, and individual papers for its 2024 annual conference on East European and Eurasian Studies. The Tartu Conference provides an academic forum that brings together scholars from area studies, comparative politics, international relations, economics, history, sociology, anthropology, cultural studies, and related disciplines to discuss the fundamental

[More ...]
No Replies
Daniel Rubenson
Sat, 18 Nov 2023 11:12:16 -0500
Dear all,

My department is hiring an assistant professor in the area of migration, broadly. The successful candidate will be integrated in the new “Bridging Divides <https://www.torontomu.ca/bridging-divides/>” research program hosted at TMU and funded by a $98m Canada First Research Excellence Fund grant from the Canadian government.

The full ad is here <https://hr.cf.ryerson.ca/ams/faculty/preview.cfm?posting_id=549281>. The deadline in January 31, 2024.

[More ...]
No Replies
Raphael Heiberger
Fri, 17 Nov 2023 12:34:23 +0100
Dear colleagues,

my group on Computational Social Science (CSS) in Stuttgart is seeking
applicants for two *postdoctoral positions* to start in January 2024
(latest in April). The position is /up to 6 years/. We offer a
competitive salary depending on the candidate’s prior experience and
excellent research conditions (own budget for teaching assistants,
travel and experiments). Further details can be found on our website
<https://www.sowi.uni-stuttgart.de/institut/aktuelles/We-are-hiring-/>.

[More ...]
No Replies
Azusa Katagiri
Fri, 17 Nov 2023 00:36:18 +0900
Dear all,

The Osaka School of International Public Policy at Osaka University is pleased to announce an open-rank faculty position across all fields, with a preference for candidates specializing in International Relations and Comparative Politics to begin in either the spring or fall of 2024. We welcome candidates who can teach introductory and advanced courses on political methodology. To ensure full consideration, interested applicants are invited to submit their applications, including a curriculum vitae, a comprehensive list of research achievements, and relevant writing samples, to [log in to unmask] by January 4, 2024 (Japan Standard Time). For detailed information about the position,

[More ...]
No Replies
Analía Gómez Vidal
Wed, 15 Nov 2023 15:16:01 -0500
Dear colleagues,

The Golub Capital Social Impact Lab
<https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/faculty-research/centers-initiatives/sil> has
three 2-year post-doctoral fellowship openings working with the Economics
of Technology Professor Susan Athey
<https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/faculty-research/faculty/susan-athey> and other
faculty affiliates
<https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/faculty-research/labs-initiatives/sil/who-we-are>
of the GC Lab on impact-driven research.

For more information about our openings, please see the links below:

*Field experiments search: *
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k94zJCDGMd-iaQULvO6JC7OKPr54yAf8/view

*Applied AI search: *
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bsdVV5Qmqsd8Hd23eX6OcpgpZGHPj8gF/view
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bsdVV5Qmqsd8Hd23eX6OcpgpZGHPj8gF/view>

*Econometrics search: *
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B4mxntJi8rIyWft0kakSdu4m5Cly1Jif/view

Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.

[More ...]
No Replies
Rene Bautista (he/him)
Wed, 15 Nov 2023 18:04:15 +0000
(Apologies for cross posting)
Dear colleagues:

We are excited to announce that Release 2 of the 2022 cross-sectional data for the GSS-along with the GSS cumulative cross-sectional file -is now available at gss.norc.org. Currently, the data are available only in SAS and STATA file formats. The GSS Data Explorer is expected to be available with this data the end of November.

[More ...]
No Replies
Brendan J. Nyhan
Wed, 15 Nov 2023 15:59:34 +0000
New research associate posting here at Dartmouth - please share with your students! Past associates have gone on to Stanford's Ph.D. program, Google, and into data science.

Research Associate in Quantitative Social Science
http://apply.interfolio.com/136516
Description
Professor Brendan Nyhan, a political scientist in the Department of Government at Dartmouth College, invites applications for a research associate who will work with him on (1) projects related to misperceptions and online information exposure and (2) Bright Line Watch, an organization that researches the state of democracy in the United States. Bright Line Watch is co-directed by Nyhan and Professor John Carey, another political

[More ...]
No Replies
Eva Thomann
Tue, 14 Nov 2023 09:12:32 +0100
Dear colleagues

Please consider the excellent, inclusive, and sustainable PhD-level methods training that we offer at the 2024 Konstanz Methods Excellence Workshops, held from 22.-23.2. (short courses) and 26.2.-1.3.2024 (compact & main courses). We offer a blend of in-person and on-line courses on both quantitative and qualitative methods at highly affordable fees (Euro)—see the list of course offers below:

[More ...]
No Replies
Ben Goldsmith
Fri, 10 Nov 2023 00:37:50 +0000
Dear Colleagues,

I’m writing to let you know that ANU is again offering our fully online Summer School in Political Analysis (SSPA) in January-February 2024 (i.e., northern-hemisphere winter). SSPA provides a sequenced combination of foundational and advanced short-course topics focused on methods in political science.

Full details are found on the SSPA website (https://politicsir.cass.anu.edu.au/spir-summerwinter-courses#acton-tabs-link--tabs-0-row_2-2 ).

[More ...]
No Replies
Shiyao Liu - ISSCAD/NSD
Thu, 9 Nov 2023 20:31:00 +0800
Dear Colleagues,

Peking University is having a search for a tenure-track position at the
Institute of South-South Cooperation and Development (ISSCAD). The language
of instruction at the Institute is English. Former chief economist of the
World Bank, Prof Justin Yifu Lin, serves as Dean of the Institute.

I encourage candidates with methods plus comparative/IR backgrounds to
apply. I would also be happy to chat about the nice experience of
interacting with some of China's best minds (colleagues and students).

[More ...]
No Replies
Brandt, Patrick
Wed, 8 Nov 2023 19:16:56 +0000
Just a reminder to apply for those who want to attend. Please do so in the next week!

TexMeth 2024 meeting announcement

The School of Economic, Political and Policy Sciences at the University of Texas, Dallas will host the Texas Methods Meeting on February 23-24, 2024. The meeting will be held at the Blackstone LaunchPad on campus at UT Dallas (more details below).

[More ...]
No Replies
Simon Hug
Wed, 8 Nov 2023 18:39:01 +0000
Dear colleagues

Sandra Penic and I seek to hire a research fellow (post-doc) for our two projects entitled "Exposure to violence, cooperative behavior and emotions" and "Uncovering the role of emotion norms in conflict transformation," both financed by the Swiss National Science Foundation. These projects aim at studying the role of affective processes (emotions and emotion norms) in shaping individuals’ prosocial behavior and policy attitudes in conflict-affected societies. Both will rely on surveys and experimental work to study these processes in several contexts.

[More ...]
No Replies
Jan Maly
Wed, 8 Nov 2023 16:52:11 +0100
Dear colleagues,

I am writing on behalf of the European Digital Democracy Network
(https://www.eddy-network.eu/). We are an interdisciplinary network that
aims to bring together academics and practitioners actively working on
or with digital democracy, to foster collaboration and knowledge
exchange. After organizing several successful online events, we are now
announcing our first in-person event, with keynote speakers from
different scientific disciplines, including  political science (Fabrizio
Gilardi, Digital Democracy Lab, University of Zurich and Carolina
Plescia, University of Vienna), and practice.

[More ...]
No Replies
Harrison, Chase H.
Tue, 7 Nov 2023 15:14:18 +0000
Dear Colleagues,
Please accept my apologies for the cross-postings.
The deadline for abstracts to the Annual Conference of the American Association for Public Opinion Research (AAPOR) is Wednesday, November 15, 2023. Please note that an abstract does not require a full paper at this time (and AAPOR welcomes both full papers and other types of submissions).
Please note that AAPOR accepts proposals across a wide array of topics related to Public Opinion Research, Survey Methodology, and other related topics. A listing of relevant tracks is posted toward the bottom of this message.
There is some travel funding available through Student

[More ...]
No Replies
Shayna O'Reilly
Mon, 6 Nov 2023 10:03:59 -0500
Hello all,

We've got a new position open at Analyst Institute! Please share with
anyone you think might be interested. Thanks!

Analyst Institute <https://analystinstitute.org/about-us/> is searching for
its next Director of Research. In this senior leadership position, you will
lead a team of researchers, analysts, data scientists, and engineers to
drive research on civic engagement and progressive community learning
needs. You’ll shape Analyst Institute’s research agenda and forge
partnerships to advance that agenda. You’ll also be instrumental in
ensuring we remain at the forefront of research and innovation while
fostering a culture of knowledge exchange and learning within the movement.

[More ...]
No Replies
Grossman, Guy
Mon, 6 Nov 2023 11:00:43 +0000
The Penn Development Research Initiative (PDRI-DevLab) at the University of Pennsylvania invites applications for a postdoctoral fellowship during the 2024-2025 academic year. The initial appointment is for one year with the possibility for renewal up to 3 years given joint interest and performance. Ideally, the postdoctoral fellow would be spending two years at Penn.

[More ...]
No Replies
David Broockman
Sun, 5 Nov 2023 15:31:00 -0800
POSITION DESCRIPTION

The Center for the Study of American Democracy, under the guidance of
Professor David Broockman, with the Travers Department of Political Science
at UC Berkeley, is seeking highly motivated individuals for the position of
Junior Specialist (pre-doc).

The Center for the Study of American Democracy supports research on
political institutions, political behavior, and political economy in the
United States. The Center focuses on research of broad importance to
American society, such as the political roots of rising inequality, the
political and historical roots of our criminal justice and incarceration
crisis, and the causes of political polarization. Understanding these

[More ...]
No Replies
Betsy Sinclair
Fri, 3 Nov 2023 10:53:17 -0500
The Society of Political Methodology is pleased to announce a new vice
president (who will assume the SPM presidency on July 1, 2024): Arthur
Spirling.

Professor Spirling is the Class of 1987 Professor of Politics at Princeton
University, and his career is marked by a commitment to developing
methodological innovation and building our community. He helped to host the
NYU PolMeth meeting (online).

[More ...]
No Replies
Theresa Gessler
Wed, 1 Nov 2023 17:50:00 +0100
Dear all,

I am forwarding the Call for Papers for the European Political Science
Association (EPSA) Annual Conference 2024. Vera Troeger and I especially
look forward to your submissions to the Political Methodology Section but
the conference has 12 sections covering much of Political Science.

Best wishes, Theresa Gessler

The Call for Papers for EPSA, July 4-6 2024, Cologne is now open

[More ...]
No Replies
Tara Slough
Tue, 31 Oct 2023 14:23:43 -0400
Dear Colleagues:

We are pleased to announce the *2024 Rebecca B. Morton Conference on
Experimental Political Science*, which will be held on *Friday, March 1st *
and *Saturday, March 2nd, 2024* at New York University.

We are now accepting paper proposals, as well as proposals for a graduate
student poster session. We welcome the participation of field researchers,
lab and survey researchers and those who analyze natural experiments,
political psychologists, political economists, scholars of comparative and
American politics and international relations, and methodologists who
explore the relationship between experimental methods and observational
data.

[More ...]
No Replies
Dietrich, Bryce Jensen
Tue, 31 Oct 2023 14:46:32 +0000
Hi All-

Purdue Political Science is searching for an open-field tenure-track position with research interests related to artificial intelligence (broadly construed). This can include the application of AI methods to research.

We have an emerging group of scholars with interests in technology, society, and governance, many of whom participate in a broader interdisciplinary AI research cluster in the College of Liberal Arts. We are a growing department, with great support for research. We’ve hired 11 new faculty in the past two years, and the energy is fantastic! Please share this position with anyone who might be interested.

[More ...]
No Replies
Lupu, Noam
Tue, 31 Oct 2023 13:12:06 +0000
LAPOP Lab<http://www.vanderbilt.edu/lapop> at Vanderbilt University<http://www.vanderbilt.edu/> seeks to hire a Statistician (Survey Research Coordinator and Analyst) who can work independently and in collaboration with teams to apply technical skills in survey design, fieldwork oversight, and data analysis to develop, complete, and disseminate research on public opinion.

The ad and application instructions are here: https://ecsr.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/10004606

[More ...]
No Replies
Thomas Chadefaux
Tue, 31 Oct 2023 08:18:45 +0000
Dear Colleagues,

We have an opening for a Research Fellow (postdoc) in machine learning
applied to the social sciences (conflict/war) at Trinity College Dublin
(Department of Political Science). Of particular interest are candidates
with experience in machine learning and/or econometrics but we are open to
a broad range of profiles.

The position will be a part of the ERC Consolidator Grant PaCE (Patterns of
Conflict Escalation) which searches for recurring patterns in pre-war time
series. The successful candidate will join a growing and dynamic team of
computer scientists, physicists, and social scientists.

[More ...]
No Replies
Gregory Huber
Mon, 30 Oct 2023 21:17:57 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

I wanted to call your attention to the new batch of CSAP predoctoral
fellowship positions now posted online:
https://tobin.yale.edu/programs/pre-doctoral-fellows-program/apply

Each is listed with the prefix CSAP Predoc, and while the ads are listed
under Tobin, the positions are within the Center for the Study of
American Politics at Yale: https://csap.yale.edu/

These are 1- or 2-year positions with competitive salaries and standard
benefits such as health insurance. Predocs work with one or more faculty
supervisors helping in the capacity specified by the supervisor and also
take 1 class each semester at the graduate or undergraduate level.

[More ...]
No Replies
Anton Strezhnev
Fri, 27 Oct 2023 11:31:07 -0500
Dear PolMeth community,

UChicago is hiring an Instructional Assistant Professor (Lecturer) to teach
undergraduate social science research methods. This is a two-year,
renewable teaching position suitable for PhDs in any social science
discipline who have expertise in applying research methods.

The main responsibility is to teach in the Social Science Inquiry sequence,
which introduces undergrads to elementary statistics, research design, and
applied research.

[More ...]
No Replies
C Sylvester
Fri, 27 Oct 2023 13:39:17 +0100
Dear PolMeth members,

My colleague Despina Alexiadou ([log in to unmask]) is hiring a
postdoctoral researcher to work on the four-year project "Politicians,
Policies, and the Reproduction of Wealth", funded by the Volkswagen
Foundation with 1.6 million Euros. The project focuses on the role of
politicians in the reproduction of wealth in Brazil, South Africa, the
United Kingdom and Germany. Together with an international team of
political scientists, legal scholars, and economists, the project will
examine the extent to which the social and economic characteristics of
members of parliament correspond to those of economic elites, how this
affects policy-making and the incomes of

[More ...]
No Replies
Jean Clipperton
Thu, 26 Oct 2023 17:10:05 +0000
We are hiring an Instructional Professor in Computational Social Science<https://apply.interfolio.com/135034> in the Master of Arts Program in Computational Social Science (MACSS) at the University of Chicago. We welcome candidates from the broad research and teaching areas of computational social science, computational psychology, information science, and data science. Potential areas of focus include but are not limited to machine learning, deep learning, digital experimentation, natural language processing, data science, and data mining. We especially welcome applications from members of underrepresented groups in computing.

[More ...]
No Replies
Bryant Moy
Wed, 25 Oct 2023 13:43:52 -0400
Hi all,

The Center for Data Science at NYU is searching for Faculty Fellows.
Faculty fellows are *independent* two-year postdocs for researchers doing
work in data science broadly defined. As a fellow, you will teach one class
a year and have plenty of time to work on your own research. The fellowship
includes a generous compensation package, research/travel funds, and access
to NYU faculty housing.

[More ...]
No Replies
Aksel Sundström
Mon, 23 Oct 2023 19:46:38 +0000
Hi,

I am recruiting one or more postdocs (3-year fulltime position, no mandatory teaching) in my ERC StG project Fem-LEAD and I am now reaching broadly with this call. We are looking for a profile towards elections, public opinion or behavior (using quantitative methods), but there is overall flexibility to applicants’ profiles and interests.

[More ...]
No Replies
Brandt, Patrick
Mon, 23 Oct 2023 14:57:10 +0000
TexMeth 2024 meeting announcement

The School of Economic, Political and Policy Sciences at the University of Texas, Dallas will host the Texas Methods Meeting on February 23-24, 2024. The meeting will be held at the Blackstone LaunchPad on campus at UT Dallas (more details below).

To apply to attend or present (either a poster or a paper) please fill out the survey at this link by November 14, 2023:

[More ...]
No Replies
Raymond Duch
Fri, 20 Oct 2023 14:06:08 +0000
Sonja Vogt (University of Lausanne) and I are launching a recently funded project entitled “Talking to Machines” – the project aims to leverage artificial intelligence in the design and implementation of experiments. Our web site has more details on the goals of the project: https://talkingtomachines.org.

We are assembling a team of research engineers, data scientists, post-doc researchers and pre-docs to work with us on the development and roll-out of a platform that will facilitate AI-enhanced experimental research. The project has an extensive global network of collaborating researchers and aims to play a leading role in this fast-evolving area of social

[More ...]
No Replies
Ozlem Tuncel Gurlek
Wed, 18 Oct 2023 15:12:34 +0000
Dear all,

The Department of Political Science at Georgia State University invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin Fall 2024. We seek a scholar whose research focuses on Race and Ethnic Politics within the subfield of American Politics. The successful candidate will join a faculty with existing strengths in race and ethnicity, gender and politics, partisan and identity political polarization, and immigration politics. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to teach courses in Race and Ethnic politics at the undergraduate, M.A., and PhD levels, as well as other courses in their area of expertise.

[More ...]
No Replies
Johannes Gruber
Wed, 18 Oct 2023 08:45:55 +0000
Dear colleagues,

we are now accepting submissions for the Sixth International and Interdisciplinary Conference on the Quantitative and Computational Analysis of Textual Data (COMPTEXT) in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, on 2-4 May 2024.

COMPTEXT is an international community of quantitative text analysis and computational social science scholars in political science, international relations and beyond. COMPTEXT 2024 in Amsterdam follows in the footsteps of previous conferences in Budapest (2018), Tokyo (2019) and Innsbruck (online, 2020), Dublin (2022), and Glasgow (2023). COMPTEXT conferences offer ample opportunities to network with computational scholars, to exchange technological knowledge of computational methods, and to obtain useful feedback

[More ...]
No Replies
Merkle, Daniel M.
Tue, 17 Oct 2023 20:41:37 +0000
ABC News is looking to hire a Manager of Elections to work on its election Decision Desk and on polling. Please apply online using the link below.

Job Description: ABC News - Manager of Elections

Apply online here:
https://disney.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/disneycareer/job/New-York-NY-USA/Manager-of-Elections---ABC-News_10066545

ABC News is looking for a Manager of Elections to work on its Decision Desk team and to work on public opinion polling projects. This position reports to the Executive Director of Elections.

[More ...]
No Replies
Rodine Hardy, Kirsten
Sat, 14 Oct 2023 15:02:02 +0000
Dear Polmeth friends, Northeastern is hiring! Information is listed below and on the APSA website. I'm on the committee so you can contact me or Chris Bosso [log in to unmask] for questions. Thanks! Kirsten
Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Democracy and Technology
Apply<https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Assistant--Associate--or-Full-Professor-of-Democracy-and-Technology_R119819/apply>

locations
Boston, MA (Main Campus)

time type
Full time

posted on
Posted 8 Days Ago

job requisition id
R119819

[More ...]
No Replies
Jamie Douglas
Fri, 13 Oct 2023 13:17:27 -0400
Hi Polmeth Team:

The School of Professional Studies M.S. in Political Analytics program [
https://sps.columbia.edu/academics/masters/political-analytics] is seeking
industry professionals with experience in political science and data
analytics to serve as part-time Course Associates for graduate-level
courses in Political Analytics. An Associate is a faculty line junior to a
Lecturer who provides subject matter expertise and supports the
instructional process for a course section. Serving as an Associate is an
outstanding way to gain exposure to graduate-level teaching at Columbia
University.

[More ...]
No Replies
Omar Taleb
Thu, 12 Oct 2023 15:37:46 -0400
Hi there,

We are pleased to announce the Call for Papers for the 2024 International
Conference on Social Media & Society <https://socialmediaandsociety.org/>
(#SMSociety)! For 2024, #SMSociety will return as an in-person event. It
will take place in London, UK from July 16th to 18th. It is co-organized by
the Social Media Lab <http://socialmedialab.ca/> at Toronto Metropolitan
University and the Digital Cultures and Economies Research Hub
<https://www.arts.ac.uk/colleges/london-college-of-communication/research-at-lcc/digital-cultures-and-economies-research-hub>
at the University of the Arts London. The conference’s three-day program
will feature panels and paper presentations, tutorials, networking events
and a poster session.

[More ...]
No Replies
Knox, Dean
Thu, 12 Oct 2023 16:44:39 +0000
Dear colleagues,

The National Institute of Statistical Sciences (NISS) will be hosting an in-person meeting on “Statistical Challenges in the Analysis of Police Use of Force” that may be of interest to many here. We have funding to assist with student and early-career participation.

The forum will be held from November 9-10, 2023 at Carleton College in Northfield, Minnesota. It aims to bring together researchers that are both established and new in this important area of study. Researchers from statistics, criminology, political science, sociology, and other fields will be in attendance.

[More ...]
No Replies
Jelle Koedam
Thu, 12 Oct 2023 14:31:40 +0000
Dear colleagues,

The Department of Political Science at the University of Zurich (www.ipz.uzh.ch<http://www.ipz.uzh.ch/>) invites applications for a 4-year PhD position on the research project “Multidimensional polarization and its consequences for democracy in Europe”, led by Dr. Jelle Koedam. The project is funded by an SNSF Ambizione Grant and will be hosted by the Chair of Comparative Politics, held by Prof. Daniele Caramani.

[More ...]
No Replies
Rafaela M. Dancygier
Wed, 11 Oct 2023 18:31:44 +0000
The Mamdouha S. Bobst Center for Peace<https://bobst.princeton.edu/> and Justice at Princeton University is pleased to announce that it is accepting applications for the Princeton Dissertation Scholars Program<https://bobst.princeton.edu/graduate-funding/princeton-dissertation-scholars-program>. This program, now in its third year, provides opportunities for academic and professional growth to doctoral students enrolled in political science programs (all subfields) outside of Princeton University.

[More ...]
No Replies
Ana Lucía Córdova Cazar
Fri, 6 Oct 2023 15:54:07 +0000
Apologies for cross-posting.
No Replies
Shana Warren
Thu, 5 Oct 2023 15:29:28 -0400
Dear All,

Innovations for Poverty Action is a research and policy nonprofit that
discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA
brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously
evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that
the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor.

IPA seeks a Research Scientist who will act as an internal Principal
Investigator (PI) as part of our Applied Research & Methods team. The
incumbent will function as a PI or co-PI for a range of studies that
contribute to IPA’s mission of addressing problems of

[More ...]
No Replies
Karsten Donnay
Thu, 5 Oct 2023 13:52:42 +0200
The Department of Political Science at the University of Zurich (www.ipz.uzh.ch) invites applications for a PhD position in the research group “Political Behavior and Digital Media” (Prof. Karsten Donnay) starting on January 1, 2024. The Department of Political Science offers excellent research support in a vibrant research community and is committed to advancing young scholars’ careers.

[More ...]
No Replies
Aaron Kaufman
Wed, 4 Oct 2023 08:13:31 +0400
Dear Colleagues,

We are excited to release the (tentative) program
<https://nyuad.nyu.edu/en/events/2024/january/polmeth-nyuad/agenda.html>
for Asian & MENA Polmeth 2024, held from January 11-12, 2024 at NYU Abu
Dhabi. Note: while the paper presentation slots are full, we will still
accept poster presentation slots.

Please register for the conference here
<https://nyuad.nyu.edu/en/events/2024/january/polmeth-nyuad/mena_conference_registration.html>.
Panels will take place on January 11 and 12; for guests who arrive on
January 10 there will be a complementary trip to the Louvre Abu Dhabi, a
world-class art museum; on January 13, after the conference is concluded,
there will be a group desert safari featuring dune bashing, camel riding,
and

[More ...]
No Replies
Wang, C. (Chendi)
Tue, 3 Oct 2023 21:34:07 +0000
Dear all,

The Department of Political Science and Public Administration at VU Amsterdam is hiring multiple posts in public administration.

Opportunities exist at the Assistant and Associate Professor levels in the following fields:

* 2 posts (one open rank, one assistant professor level) in AI and governance and/or a computational social science. https://workingat.vu.nl/ad/assistant-professor-associate-professor-in-public-administration-ai-and-governa/usmify
* 1 post (assistant professor level) in quality (integrity) of governance, welfare governance, or governance of security. https://workingat.vu.nl/ad/assistant-professor-in-public-administration/5zez16

[More ...]
No Replies
Bisbee, James H
Tue, 3 Oct 2023 21:15:07 +0000
Hello

The SoWEPS-6<https://www.soweps.org/> workshop organizers invite submissions of (1) completed papers, and (2) detailed research designs. Graduate students and faculty (esp. junior faculty) are both encouraged to submit their work. Priority will be given to graduate students on the job market. We anticipate having 4-5 papers presented during the plenary sessions. In addition, applicants whose proposals are not accepted to the main agenda are invited to participate in a poster session during the happy hour.

[More ...]
No Replies
Hocine Cherifi
Tue, 3 Oct 2023 10:54:19 +0200
*12th** International Conference on Complex Networks & Their Applications*

*Menton Riviera* <https://www.menton-riviera-merveilles.co.uk/>*,
France *November
28 - 30, 2023

COMPLEX NETWORKS 2023 <http://www.complexnetworks.org/>

*Registration:* https://complexnetworks.org/registration/

Early registration deadline: *October 13, 2023*

*KEYNOTE SPEAKERS*

Michael Bronstein <https://www.cs.ox.ac.uk/people/michael.bronstein/>* - *Univ.
of Oxford UK - *Physics-inspired Graph Neural Networks*
<https://complexnetworks.org/keynote-speakers-3/>

Kathleen Carley
<https://www.cylab.cmu.edu/directory/bios/carley-kathleen.html> - Carnegie
Mellon Univ. USA - *Coupling in High Dimensional Networks*
<https://complexnetworks.org/keynote-speakers-3/>

Manlio De Domenico <https://manliodedomenico.com/> Univ. of Padua Italy: *An
Emerging Framework for the Functional Analysis of Complex*
<https://complexnetworks.org/keynote-speakers-3/>* Interconnected Systems*

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrew Bertoli
Sat, 30 Sep 2023 15:04:20 +0200
Dear Colleagues,

IE University in Spain is looking to hire three people as assistant
professors starting September 1, 2024. The new faculty positions will be
part of IE’s School of Politics, Economics, and Global Affairs
<https://www.ie.edu/school-politics-economics-global-affairs/>.

International Relations: https://apply.interfolio.com/132073

Comparative Politics: http://apply.interfolio.com/132210

Political Economy: http://apply.interfolio.com/132207

Our institution is located in Madrid and Segovia, Spain, and is a
full-member of the Association of Professional Schools in International
Affairs (APSIA). We are a fast-growing department of professors committed
to world-class academic research and teaching in the social sciences,
public policy, and international affairs.

[More ...]
No Replies
David Darmofal
Fri, 29 Sep 2023 14:38:34 -0400
Hi. We're advertising for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in
American Politics at the University of South Carolina. I'm chairing the
search committee and am happy to answer any questions about the position.

Here is information on the position:

The Department of Political Science at the University of South Carolina
seeks applications for a nine month, full-time, tenure-track Assistant
Professor position in American Politics, to begin August 16, 2024. We seek
candidates with well-conceived, theoretically informed research agendas who
have published in or demonstrate the promise of publishing in leading
outlets.

[More ...]
No Replies
Schäfer, Jérôme
Fri, 29 Sep 2023 19:21:10 +0200
Call for Papers: EuroWEPS VIII

We are happy to announce EuroWEPS VIII. EuroWEPS brings together
political scientists across Europe to carefully engage with research
that seeks to draw causal inferences.

EuroWEPS is a read-in-advance workshop: all participants are expected to
read all papers. We then engage in 45 minutes of an in-depth discussion
of each paper in an inclusive, constructive atmosphere.

[More ...]
No Replies
Baobao Zhang
Thu, 28 Sep 2023 13:40:07 -0400
Hello!

I want to let you know about this opportunity:

Centre for the Governance of AI
Data Scientist and Survey Analyst (Contractor, Project-based)

https://www.governance.ai/post/data-scientist-and-survey-analyst-contractor-project-based-open-position

We are looking for a data scientist with strong python and/or R skills,
experience with data analysis that meets academic standards, and a reliable
foundation in statistical methods. The successful applicant will help
analyse surveys on public and expert opinion on artificial intelligence and
AI governance on a project-by-project basis. We welcome candidates who are
completing or have completed a relevant degree or otherwise have experience
in survey research and data analysis. If the first project

[More ...]
No Replies
Doyle, Kevin
Thu, 28 Sep 2023 14:12:52 +0000
Overview of the Fellowship Program

The Harvard Data Science Initiative (HDSI) is seeking applications for its flagship Harvard Data Science Postdoctoral Fellows Program for the 2024-2025 academic year. The normal duration of the Fellowship is two years. Fellows will receive a generous salary as well as an annual allocation for research and travel expenses.

[More ...]
No Replies
Florian Hollenbach
Wed, 27 Sep 2023 06:47:45 +0000
Dear Colleagues,

David Fortunato and I are hiring a 2-year postdoc for our project on the "Determinants and Consequences of Legislative Capacity" funded by the Independent Research Fund Denmark. The postdoc will be based at the Department of International Economics, Government and Business (EGB) at the Copenhagen Business School. It is a 100% research postdoc—there are no teaching requirements. It is our hope that the postdoc will coauthor with us on the project and develop publications related to the project.
You can find the full ad and link to the application here:
https://www.cbs.dk/en/about-cbs/jobs-cbs/vacant-positions/postdoc-in-business-and-government-copenhagen-business-school-2-years

[More ...]
No Replies
Leiter, Debra L.
Tue, 26 Sep 2023 23:08:38 +0000
Hello Polmeth,

I'm delighted to share that UMKC is hiring for the Norman Royall Endowed Professor or Associate Professor position in the field of political communications, and quantitative methods, data science or data analytics. We welcome political communication scholarship, understood broadly, from any subfield perspective. This position seeks to recognize and reward excellence in research, with a particular emphasis in quantitative data analysis and/or data science and a record of extramural research funding.

[More ...]
No Replies
Joshua Schwartz
Sat, 23 Sep 2023 12:14:47 -0400
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to highlight that the Carnegie Mellon University Institute for Security and Technology (CMIST) has tenure-track job openings at both the junior and senior levels at the intersection of international relations and technology. CMIST is an exciting new initiative led by Audrey Kurth Cronin. Apply by October 23! http://apply.interfolio.com/132453.

[More ...]
No Replies
Ayse Deniz Lokmanoglu
Thu, 21 Sep 2023 18:31:35 +0000
Dear PolMeth Community,

Please see below the post-doctoral job call; If you have any questions, please let me know!

Ayse Deniz Lokmanoglu
Assistant Professor
Department of Communication
Clemson University

https://aysedeniz09.github.io/

Post-Doctoral Researcher in Disinformation at Clemson University

The Department of Communication at Clemson University seeks applications for a post-doctoral researcher beginning August 15, 2024. The initial appointment is for two years. We are interested in candidates with experience studying disinformation. Requirements include: Ph.D. (in hand by August 2024) in Communication or a closely related field and a record of conference presentations and/or peer-reviewed publications that suggests future success in scholarly

[More ...]
No Replies
Shayna O'Reilly
Thu, 21 Sep 2023 11:23:39 -0400
Hello!

I'm passing along a position that we're currently hiring for at Analyst
Institute. Please share with your networks!

Analyst Institute <https://analystinstitute.org/about-us/> is looking to
fill a Research Manager role (remote) on the Research Team. You'll be part
of a close-knit, cutting edge team of experts with backgrounds in social,
behavioral, and data science working together to both conduct research to
support our partners in the progressive movement and translate that
research into actionable insight to inform their work. Salary commensurate
with experience and skill set, from $70,000 to $90,000.
We’re looking to fill the Research Manager role as soon

[More ...]
No Replies
Beiser-Mcgrath,LF
Thu, 21 Sep 2023 13:56:22 +0000
Fundamentals and Advanced Topics in Modeling Interaction Effects (30-31 October, Mannheim)

Lecturer(s): Dr. Janina Beiser-McGrath, Dr. Liam F. Beiser-McGrath

https://training.gesis.org/?site=pDetails&child=full&pID=0xBB4D8590048C49EAA035610865B3354F

Course description

Many social phenomena that we study in the social sciences follow an interaction logic. That means that the effect of an explanatory variable on an outcome differs depending on the value of a third variable. For example, the degree to which citizens are convinced by political messaging may depend on their party preference or their education.

[More ...]
No Replies
Jan Lorenz
Thu, 21 Sep 2023 00:29:12 +0200
Dear PolMeth Community,

We are looking for experts and project leaders for our Summer/Winter
School on Wealth Data Science Research. The School will take place on
two campuses in Bremen (Germany, Summer) and Cape Town (South Africa,
Winter), hosted by Constructor University and the African Center of
Excellence for Inequality Research from July 1 to 12, 2024.

[More ...]
No Replies
Li, Siyao
Wed, 20 Sep 2023 15:03:41 +0000
Good morning,

Would you mind posting the following job ad to the listserve? Thank you!

The Graduate School of Public and International Affairs at the University of Pittsburgh is searching for an Assistant Professor in the tenure stream with expertise in International Security. You can view the ad here: https://cfopitt.taleo.net/careersection/pitt_faculty_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=23006884&tz=GMT-04%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York

Qualified applicants should submit the following:

[More ...]
No Replies
Drews, Wiebke
Wed, 20 Sep 2023 14:48:07 +0000
Launch Announcement: Introducing the Data Knowledge Hub for Monitoring Online Discourse

We're excited to announce the official launch of the Data Knowledge Hub for Monitoring Online Discourse, which went live on 14.09.2023 and can be found here:

https://www.data-knowledge-hub.com/

What is the Data Knowledge Hub?
At its core, the Data Knowledge Hub is designed to revolutionize the way we approach and monitor social media and online discourse. By reducing entry barriers and making the process more inclusive, we aim to provide a comprehensive, collaborative platform - free of charge! Hosted as an open-source resource under the Creative Commons license on GitHub,

[More ...]
No Replies
Rene Lindstaedt
Tue, 19 Sep 2023 08:44:29 +0000
University of Birmingham
Rank: Assistant/Associate/Full Professor (multiple positions available)
Subfield(s): International Relations, Public Administration, Public Policy, Methodology, Comparative Politics

The School of Government at the University of Birmingham is undertaking a transformative expansion with 9 faculty positions across comparative politics, public policy and administration, international relations, computational methods, and international development.

Underpinning the “Global Top 50” initiative of the University of Birmingham, this expansion supports the school’s strategic vision to lead world-class, interdisciplinary research advancing understanding of politics, governance, and sustainable development worldwide. It will also enable significant growth in educational programs at the undergraduate, postgraduate, and executive levels.

[More ...]
No Replies
Ryan Vander Wielen
Mon, 18 Sep 2023 16:04:45 -0400
Hi all,

Please find below the job ad for a tenure-track Assistant Professor
position in American Politics at Stony Brook University. The deadline for
application is Oct. 13, 2023. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best,
Ryan

The Department of Political Science at Stony Brook University invites
applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in American
politics. This position would begin in Fall 2024. The department is
interested in applicants with expertise in political behavior, political
parties, judicial politics, or a closely related substantive area.
Successful candidates will have a strong record of demonstrated research
excellence. Advanced

[More ...]
No Replies
Bianco, William
Mon, 18 Sep 2023 18:39:25 +0000
The Department of Political Science at Indiana University-Bloomington invites applications for a full-time tenure track Assistant Professor in the field of quantitative political methodology, beginning August of 2024. Our goal is to hire the strongest candidate available who is doing interesting and important scholarship on questions of quantitative political methodology broadly defined and who can contribute to the campus’s strengths in social science methodology more generally, especially in Artificial Intelligence and Cybersecurity. This thematic focus may be approached from any subfield or combination of subfields such as American politics, comparative politics, and international relations.

[More ...]
No Replies
P. D. Waggoner
Mon, 18 Sep 2023 08:25:42 -0600
Hi all -

I wanted to share a message putting TWO upcoming awards on your radar. These are jointly sponsored by the Graphics and Computing sections of the American Statistical Association (ASA):

The student Paper Award. Full details here: https://community.amstat.org/jointscsg-section/awards/student-paper-competition
All application materials MUST BE RECEIVED by 5:00 PM EST, Thursday, December 15, 2023. The submission window will be open on December 1, 2023. They will be reviewed by the Student Paper Competition Award committee of the Statistical Computing and Graphics Sections. The selection criteria used by the committee will include innovation and significance of the contribution as well as

[More ...]
No Replies
Lauri Peterson
Mon, 18 Sep 2023 07:33:25 +0000
Do you want to research natural hazard events and their impact on climate policy and sustainable development, supported by competent and friendly colleagues in an international environment? Are you looking for an employer that invests in employee development and offers favorable working conditions? You are welcome to apply for a postdoctoral position in the Department of Political Science at Uppsala University.

[More ...]
No Replies
Uscinski, Joseph E
Sat, 16 Sep 2023 22:03:31 +0000
This job opening may be of interest to many on this list.

The Department of Political Science at the University of Miami invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin August 15, 2024. The department seeks candidates in the field of public administration and welcomes applications from all public administration and public management scholars, especially those with expertise in budget and financial management; equity and diversity; leadership and ethics; nonprofit management; and data science, big data, and artificial intelligence. Demonstrated interest in community engagement and partnerships and public-facing work are also desirable.

[More ...]
No Replies
Michael Bailey
Sat, 16 Sep 2023 10:13:29 -0400
*Hello,*

*We now have an Interfolio link for an position I posted earlier. Please
have a look! *

*The McCourt School of Public Policy at Georgetown University invites
applications for a tenure-line assistant professor in computational
social science. *

*

Candidates are expected have the following:

*

strong interests in public policy, ideally indicating interests or
participation in public policy administration, design,
implementation, evaluation, and/or how governments use computational
social science methods in public policy;

[More ...]
No Replies
Amy Yang
Fri, 15 Sep 2023 16:22:25 -0400
Forthcoming Talk of the Workshop on Advanced Research Methods
<https://www.starflame.org/warm>
Topic: Sequence Analysis: Its Past, Present, and Future
Speaker: Tim Liao, State University of New York at Stony Brook
Date and time: Sep 21, 8:30-9:30 pm
Where: Zoom registration link (https://rb.gy/qyhog8)

Workshop on Advanced Research Methods (WARM) is a free online workshop for
sharing innovations and innovative uses of advanced research methods, held
on selected Thursdays 8:30-9:30 pm (US ET). The 2023 schedule of the
presentations is shown below. For more information about WARM, please visit
https://www.starflame.org/warm. To receive updates on forthcoming talks,

[More ...]
No Replies
Bruce Desmarais
Fri, 15 Sep 2023 14:08:00 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

We are hiring in Political Science & Social Data Analytics. Please see the
application link and full advertisement below. Feel free to reach out to me
or our department head, Lee Ann Banaszak ([log in to unmask]), with inquiries.

https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Academic/job/Penn-State-University-Park/Open-Rank-Professor-of-Political-Science-and-Social-Data-Analytics_REQ_0000048755-1

JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:

The Department of Political Science and the Institute for Computational and
Data Sciences at the Pennsylvania State University at University Park, PA,
USA, invite applications for a tenured or tenure-track Assistant Professor,
Associate Professor or Professor of Political Science and Social Data
Analytics to begin in Fall 2024 for faculty whose substantive research
interests on politics

[More ...]
No Replies
Victoria Dimoff
Fri, 15 Sep 2023 13:49:49 -0400
Hi POLMETH team,

BlueLabs Analytics <https://bluelabs.com/> is hiring for two Data Science
positions! Details about them can be found below:

*Director, Data Science <https://bluelabs.com/careers/?gh_jid=4058968007>:*
*About the role:*
The Director of Data Science will be responsible for leading in all aspects
of BlueLabs’ modeling work and experimental and causal inference work,
including statistical methodology, validation, and innovation. This person
will manage the process, analysis, evaluation and execution of modeling and
experimental design and guide our Data Science team’s efforts, translating
them for other clients and projects. This leadership position will directly
manage a team of data scientists and have experience coaching,

[More ...]
No Replies
Christopher Lucas
Fri, 15 Sep 2023 10:57:14 -0500
Hi all,

The new Department of Statistics and Data Science at Washington University
in St. Louis has multiple openings for tenure-track positions at all ranks.
The application deadline is 2024/02/29, and the links to apply are below.

Assistant: https://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/list/22978
Associate and Full: https://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/list/22979

I am on the search committee, please feel free to reach out if you have any
questions.

[More ...]
No Replies
Xian Huang
Thu, 14 Sep 2023 16:28:19 +0000
We are hiring an Assistant/Associate Professor in Comparative Politics. Quick link to posting: https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/209757. Please see the detail below and let me know if you have any question about this search.

The Political Science Department at Rutgers University, New Brunswick, anticipates hiring a comparative politics scholar (Assistant or Associate rank) whose research focuses on the Global South (South Asia, Africa, or Latin America) to begin September 1, 2024, subject to availability of funding. A Ph.D. in Political Science or a related field is required by September 1, 2024. The ideal candidate would have strong methodological skills and would be able

[More ...]
No Replies
Justin Gross
Tue, 12 Sep 2023 17:30:25 +0000
UMass Amherst is hiring!
https://careers.umass.edu/amherst/en-us/job/520262/lecturer-data-analytics-computational-social-science-dacss
In addition to those topics listed in the job description, we are keen on adding courses in spatial analysis, temporal analysis, and simulations/agent-based modeling in the near future.
Please email me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with any questions. This is a position that is renewable after the initial year—I’m happy to provide more detail one-on-one.
Job Description
The Data Analytics and Computational Social Science (DACSS) Program at the University of Massachusetts Amherst invites applicants for a position as a Lecturer in Computational Social Science. This is a full-time, one-year position, with the expectation of reappointment contingent upon

[More ...]
No Replies