From:
Gregory Whitfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2013 22:31:13 -0600
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, seeks applications and nominations for
the Head of its Department of Political Science, beginning fall 2014.
Applicants should have credentials appropriate for appointment at the rank of
Professor and a distinguished record of research and teaching. Subfields are
open. Preferably the candidate will have had experience in academic leadership.
We seek a nationally recognized scholar with strong interpersonal and
communication abilities, a commitment to support quality teaching, and
demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to AA/EEO/Diversity.

The Department offers the B.A. degree in Political Science, as well as
MPPA, M.A., and Ph.D. degrees. The Department currently has twenty
tenure-stream faculty. We seek a Department Head who will guide us during this
period of growth as we seek to increase our national prominence. Women and
minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. The Knoxville campus of the
University of Tennessee is seeking candidates who have the ability to
contribute
in meaningful ways to the diversity and intercultural goals of the
University. More information about the department is available at:
http://web.utk.edu/~polisci. We ask that applicants send a letter of interest,
a vitae, and the names of four references to: Professor Andrew Kramer,
Chair, Head Search Committee, Department of Political Science, 1001 McClung
Tower, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996-0410. Review of
applications
will begin January 15, 2014, and will continue until the position is filled.

The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section
504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and
employment programs
and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex,
pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.

Nathan J. Kelly, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Political Science
University of Tennessee