Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2014 17:00:59 +0200
>> Consider submitting your methodologically interesting articles to the BMS <<
Thanks to Marjet Janmaat

Deadline: 22 April 2014

Full PhD scholarships at ICS

Dear Colleague,

We turn to you because we believe you might know excellent graduates in one of
the social sciences for whom we have the unique opportunity to obtain a full
four-year scholarship in our PhD program for yeargroup 2014.

The recruitment and selection procedure for these full PhD scholarships starts
already at April 1, 2014, with advertisements on Dutch and foreign websites
(such as academic transfer, www.academics.de<http://www.academics.de> and
www.jobs.ac.uk<http://www.jobs.ac.uk>) and on the ICS website
(www.ics-graduateschool.nl<http://www.ics-graduateschool.nl>).

The Interuniversity Center for Social Science Theory and Methodology (ICS) is an
institute for postgraduate studies of the Universities of Groningen, Utrecht,
and Nijmegen, in the Netherlands. The ICS offers a postgraduate program for a
small selection of excellent graduates in one of the social and behavioral
sciences (including economics, history, mathematics or computer sciences). The
structured program consists of training in advanced theory construction and
research methods by means of courses, tutorials, and individual study.
Supervision and monitoring are intense: each PhD student is supported by a
personal supervision team and meetings on a regular basis. After four years,
our PhD students will have finished their dissertation and will be
well-prepared to enter the growing market for highly trained researchers in the
social sciences.

Training and thesis supervision are in English. As the ICS is a joint venture of
the universities of Groningen, Utrecht, and Nijmegen, PhD students reside either
in Utrecht, Groningen, or Nijmegen. Course locations alternate between
Groningen, Utrecht and Nijmegen, with PhD students commuting during the period
of each course.

ICS PhD students enjoy rather comfortable conditions, certainly compared to
opportunities for PhD students in other countries. The salary amounts to appr.
€2083,- before taxes in the first year of the appointment, rising to appr.
€2664,- before taxes in the fourth year. There are no tuition fees.

We would like to ask you to search in your own network for recent graduates who
might be interested and who are highly qualified.

General information on the ICS and the structure of the program can be found on
the ICS-website: http://www.ics-graduateschool.nl

Information on the available PhD positions can be found on:

http://www.ics-graduateschool.nl/vacancies/

Further information, if necessary, can be obtained via
Applications, online only, should be delivered through the ICS website until
April 22, 2014.
The interviews will be conducted on June 3, 4 & 10, 11 June 2014.

We very much appreciate your interest and cooperation,

Rafael Wittek
Scientific Director ICS

*
* Karl M. van Meter              BMS, Bulletin de Methodologie Sociologique
* [log in to unmask]           (Bulletin of Sociological Methodology)
* tel 33 (0)1 43 25 26 57        Web http://bms.sagepub.com
*                                Blog http://karlvanmeter.wordpress.com/
* École normale supérieure       distribution list [log in to unmask]
* 48 boulevard Jourdan           free distribution list [log in to unmask]
* 75014 Paris, France
*                                RC33, Research Committee Logic &
* BMS-AIMS                       Methodology of the International
* 45 rue Linné                   Sociological Association (ISA)
* 75005 Paris, France            http://www.rc33.org/
*
*                   http://ens.academia.edu/KarlMvanMeter