From:
Anna Maria Ortiz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:37:09 -0500
Hi all -

I'm working with some folks trying to do a duration analysis of periods of program participation over a 15-year period. We're struggling with what to do with truncation at either end of the data, as each case is potentially eligible to enter in and out of the program many times and the 15-year slice of data won't cover their entire frame of eligibility.

Does this sound like a tobit model would be appropriate, or are there alternate approaches someone would recommend?  Does anyone have good references for this type of problem?

In great appreciation,

Anna Maria Ortiz, Ph.D.
Senior Statistician
Applied Research and Methods