Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2014 12:16:49 -0700
Dear All,

I am please to announce that UNLV's Political Science department is
seeking applications for an Assistant Professor of Political Science with
a specialization in American Politics/Political Institutions. We are
particularly interested in candidates who can contribute to our
undergraduate and graduate research methods program. I've recounted the
details below. Feel free to contact me at [log in to unmask] with any
questions you might have about the position. I hope that you might forward
this information to qualified candidates and encourage them to apply.

My best,
Rebecca

The University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) invites applications for
Assistant Professor of Political Science - American Politics/Political
Institutions, Search # 15274

ROLE of the POSITION
The Department of Political Science at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas
(UNLV) invites applications from well qualified individuals for a
full-time, tenure-track position in American Political Institutions. The
department is staffed in public law, the judiciary, and the presidency and
thus is interested in applicants specializing in legislatures, federalism,
and the bureaucracy. The position will be filled at the assistant
professor level commencing fall 2015. In addition to teaching introductory
courses in American politics, the successful candidate will be expected to
teach undergraduate and graduate courses in his or her area of expertise.
Preferred qualifications include an ability to teach undergraduate and
graduate courses in research methods. Other responsibilities include
engaging in research leading to scholarly, peer-reviewed publications;
mentoring undergraduate and graduate students, and providing appropriate
service at the department, college, and university levels.

QUALIFICATIONS
This position requires an earned doctorate in Political Science from a
regionally accredited college or university completed by the time of
appointment; evidence of a strong research program or the potential to
develop one; and excellence in teaching. UNLV has a diverse student body
and is seeking to attract a diverse applicant pool for the position. We
have a strong commitment to increasing faculty diversity and encourage
applicants from women, minority group members, veterans, and individuals
with disabilities.

SALARY RANGE
Salary competitive with those at similarly situated institutions. Position
is contingent upon funding.

APPLICATION DETAILS
Submit a letter of interest, a detailed resume listing qualifications and
experience, a writing sample, graduate transcripts, teaching evaluations
(if available), and three letters of recommendation. Applicants should
fully describe their qualifications and experience, with specific
reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications because this
is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based.

Although this position will remain open until filled, review of
candidates' materials will begin on October 15, 2014 and best
consideration will be gained for materials submitted prior to that date.
Materials should be addressed to Dr. David Damore, Search Committee Chair,
and are to be submitted via on-line application at
https://hrsearch.unlv.edu. For assistance with UNLV's on-line applicant
portal, contact UNLV Employment Services at (702) 895-2894 or

The job announcement can be found here: http://bit.ly/UNLVjobPSC
Apply online here: https://hrsearch.unlv.edu

PROFILE of the UNIVERSITY
UNLV is a comprehensive research university of approximately 28,000
students and 2,900 faculty and staff dedicated to teaching, research, and
service. The university has internationally recognized programs in hotel
administration and creative writing; professional degrees in law,
architecture, and dental medicine; and leading programs in fine arts,
sciences and education. UNLV is located on a 332-acre main campus and two
satellite campuses in dynamic Southern Nevada. For more information, visit
us on-line at: http://www.unlv.edu.
Rebecca Gill
Assistant Professor
Department of Political Science
University of Nevada Las Vegas
4505 S. Maryland Parkway Box 5029
Las Vegas, NV  89154-5029

(702) 895-2525 Desk
(702) 895-1065 Fax
http://faculty.unlv.edu/wpmu/gill/

View my research on my SSRN Author page:
http://ssrn.com/author=792278

Note: In the event that I am engaging in "outside research activities"
with entities other
than the University of Nevada Las Vegas, the following admonition applies:
I am acting
as my own agent and not as an agent of the University of Nevada Las Vegas.
The
University of Nevada Las Vegas is in no way involved in this activity or
responsible
for its conduct.  -RG