Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2012 10:21:07 -0400
The Department of Political Science at Stony Brook University invites
applications for a Postdoctoral Research Associate in political
methodology and either political economy or American politics for the
2012-13 academic year. We are particularly interested in individuals whose
substantive interests include behavioral economics or political behavior
or political psychology. Candidates are expected to have advanced training
in econometric, experimental, and/or formal methods. Candidates should
have defended their dissertations by August 30, 2012 but an exception may
be made for an otherwise well-qualified applicant. Candidates will be
expected to teach one graduate-level course per semester. We will be
especially interested in candidates who can teach some combination of the
following: a PhD-level course in Maximum Likelihood Methods; an MA-level
course in political psychology or behavior; a PhD-level elective in
methodology; or a PhD-level course in American Politics. The candidate
will also be expected to be an active research member of our department.
The State University of New York at Stony Brook is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applications from women, people
of color, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans or Vietnam era
veterans are especially welcome. If you require a disability related
accommodation, please contact Ms. Pamela Wolfskill, 631-632-7688. We will
begin considering applications on March 26, 2012 and will continue to do
so until the position is filled. Visit www.stonybrook.edu/jobs (click on
Post Doc). Send STATE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION, c.v., letters of
recommendation, samples of written work, and transcript to Post-Doctoral
Associate Search, Department of Political Science, Stony Brook University,
Stony Brook, NY 11794-4392 or [log in to unmask] Candidates
who previously applied for our 2012-13 tenure track position may simply
send an email requesting consideration to [log in to unmask]

thanks,
Matt

Matthew Lebo, PhD
Associate Professor &