Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2008 13:33:43 -0500
The Political Methodology Section would like to again offer APSA
Working Groups for the 2008 Annual Meeting.  These are a relatively new
feature of the meetings and

"...are a small group of meeting attendees interested in a common topic
who agree to attend panels and plenaries aligned with the topic [and]
meet daily for discussion of the events. The idea is to stimulate a
working group conference experience amidst APSA panels." [APSA 2007
Program]

Political methodology has sponsored several of these at the past couple
of meetings, with good response.

To offer the APSA Working Groups, we need interested leaders/volunteer
coordinators (and, of course, a topic).  As a volunteer coordinator, you
would be expected to facilitate discussion but not lecture on it, and in
my experience, these tend to be pretty much self-organizing once the venue
is provided to bring people together. Working Groups give coordinators the
opportunity to create a forum to talk about important topics within the
field of political methodology, and allows all participants to get
involved in the Annual Meeting and encourages networking.

Please contact me if you are interested in serving as a leader/volunteer
coordinatior for the Political Methodology Section's efforts in this area
for the 2008 Annual Meeting.

Thanks.

Philip A. Schrodt             Dept of Political Science
University of Kansas          Blake Hall, Room 523
1541 Lilac Lane               Lawrence, KS   66045    USA
email: [log in to unmask]         phone: +1-785-864-9024  fax: +1-785-864-5700
Home page:                    http://people.ku.edu/~schrodt
Kansas Event Data Project:    http://web.ku.edu/keds
New Kind of Social Science:   http://www.nkss.org/