From:
"Lee, Young-Im" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Lee, Young-Im
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2024 12:50:09 +0000
Hello all,

The Southwest Workshop on Mixed Methods Research (SWMMR<https://swmixedmethods.com/>) invites junior scholars and advanced graduate students using mixed methods to submit a paper proposal to its ninth annual workshop. We will meet on October 17-18, 2024, at the University of California, Riverside, in Riverside, CA. We will meet on October 17-18, 2024, at the University of California, Riverside, in Riverside, CA.

The annual workshop invites participants to present and discuss article- or chapter-length works in progress that either (a) utilize mixed methods in substantive social science research or (b) contribute to the methodology of mixed-method research.

We especially encourage paper proposals from advanced graduate students, postdocs, and early career professors at the Assistant or Associate rank. Additionally, we are committed to fostering diversity in the field of methodology and strongly encourage submissions from individuals who identify with historically marginalized and underrepresented groups.

Participants will receive critical feedback from invited senior scholars and other participants. Confirmed senior scholars include Marissa Brookes (UC-Riverside), Sara Wallace Goodman (UC-Irvine), and Brian Palmer-Rubin (University of Southern California). Each senior scholar will provide comments on a subset of papers. Additionally, all participants will be asked to discuss at least three other participants¡¯ papers.

There is no conference fee. Meals, coffee, and snacks are included. Although we may not cover all travel and lodging costs for participants, SWMMR strives to cover those costs for participants without access to other conference travel funds.

To apply, please visit our conference website, https://conferencebit.com/swmmr2024, and submit your proposal by June 1, 2024, 11:59 pm (PST). We will notify the results by the end of June. If you have any questions, please email [log in to unmask]

Organizing committee: Jennifer Cyr (Universidad Torcuato Di Tella), Nicholas Weller (University of California, Riverside), Laura Garc¨ªa-Montoya (University of Toronto), Young-Im Lee (California State University, Sacramento), and Daniel Solomon (US Holocaust Memorial Museum).

Dr. Young-Im Lee (ÀîÓ¢ÈÎ) - pronunciation<https://namedrop.io/youngimlee>

Associate Professor of Political Science

California State University-Sacramento

pronouns: she/her/hers

   Editors:  Yuan (Cecilia) Sui and Gechun Lin