From:
Santiago Olivella <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 2020 00:06:12 -0400
Dear PolMeth community,

On behalf of the LAPolMeth Core Team, I would like to reiterate our invitation for you to join us this coming November 17–20 for the fourth edition of the Latin American PolMeth meeting. As in previous years, the event will feature workshop-style sessions (with discussions between authors and attendees instead of regular presentations), keynote presentations, and a graduate student poster session. For more information on the event, and for program details, please visit latam-polmeth.github.io/Meeting2020 <http://latam-polmeth.github.io/Meeting2020>.

This year, and in an effort to create an engaging event, we have decided to host our meeting in a 3D virtual conference campus! The immersive space will feature personalized avatars, directional audio, private conference rooms, and even a virtual poster hall! You can get a sense of what the space looks like at https://youtu.be/FlFt-befp6o <https://youtu.be/FlFt-befp6o>. While the experience can’t compare to being together in Sāo Paulo, it will hopefully offer a richer, more interactive environment than Zoom.

Registration is free for SPM members, and we are limited to 100 participants, so please be sure to register soon! You can do so at https://www.cambridge.org/core/membership/spm/register <https://www.cambridge.org/core/membership/spm/register> (note that the dates on the registration site are slightly off; the event will take place between November 17 and 20, with short morning and afternoon sessions and keynote presentations in-between, to avoid online fatigue).

I hope to see you in our virtual conference space!

Best,

SO
Santiago Olivella
Assistant Professor