Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2021 16:31:14 +0200
Dear friends,

I hope all is well. I am writing to call your attention to our new Master
program in Institutions and Political Economy (MIPE) at the University of
Barcelona: https://www.ub.edu/mipe/

MIPE is a two-year program (120 ECTS), taught in English, that is the
result of a joint effort of the departments of Political Science, Economics
and Economic History at UB. IPERG is heavily involved in this initiative,
and Carles Boix (Princeton University and UB) is the scientific director of
the program. Moreover, we will have guest professors from high quality
research institutions.

The main aim of the masters is to provide the students with a strong
methodological and substantive training. The main defining characteristic
of the masters is the interdisciplinary approach: it combines courses on
political science, political economy and economic history.

We believe that solid quantitative and formal training, complemented with
substantive courses on the three subjects will provide an excellent
foundation for future researchers in the social sciences. We expect our
graduates to move on to the best PhD programs or to follow a professional
path outside academia.  Moreover, since the University of Barcelona is a
public institution, the tuition fees are subsidized and affordable. And, of
course, Barcelona is a great city to live and study.

We are looking for motivated students with background in the social
sciences (Politics, Sociology, Economics, and the like), willing to follow
a demanding and high quality program. In case you have students that may be
potentially interested in our program, we would be grateful if you could
pass them along the website and this information. And, of course, tell them
to feel free to contact me ([log in to unmask]) or the masters’
administration at [log in to unmask] We will be happy to answer any
enquiries.

Best regards,

Cesc Amat
Francesc Amat
La Caixa Junior Leader Fellow
Deputy Director of the Institutions and Political Economy Research Group
University of Barcelona
Personal Website: https://sites.google.com/site/cescamat/