From:
Georgiy Syunyaev <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2021 19:05:59 +0100
The Institutions and Political Inequality unit at WZB Berlin Social Science Center is announcing a call for project proposals using hidden populations methods for the study of contentious politics and other political processes.

We intend to bring together a community of researchers interested in integrating methods for studying hard-to-reach populations into the study of contentious politics in low-information contexts. Such methods are often used in sociology and demography and include respondent-driven sampling, network scale-up methods, capture-recapture methods, time location sampling, among others.
Scholars from the selected projects will be invited to participate in a series of teach-ins on hard-to-reach population methods and survey design in early 2022 (virtual or hybrid regime) and will have an opportunity to receive feedback on their projects from invited experts. After the teach-ins, up to four projects will be able to request support of up to $3000 (US Dollars) to develop their abstract into a full research design or for pilot research activities.
Interested scholars should submit a one-page abstract for consideration by December 15, 2021. During initial selection, priority will be given to the projects that display interest in using methods to measure hard-to-reach populations in Low and Middle-Income Countries (LMICs). Although the focus of this call is on contentious politics, we welcome submissions from diverse topics related to broader social and political processes (clientelism, corruption, sexual minorities, etc.)
To send your abstract, or express your interest, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/zgjrrMJSZxqNTWxW6. We encourage researchers to reach out to the organizers if unsure of fit. We encourage junior scholars, women, members of historically underrepresented groups, and scholars from diverse regions to submit their work.
More information: https://www.wzb.eu/en/node/52346/subpage/70666
We look forward to receiving your proposals!
Julio S. SolĂ­s Arce, email: [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])
Georgiy Syunyaev, email: [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])