From:
Peter Enns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 2020 21:29:56 +0000
Dear all,
I wanted to share the following opportunities:

Reality Check (https://realitycheckinsights.com/) is a venture capital backed startup determined to modernize our understanding of voters and consumers.  Founded by Peter Enns and Ben Leff, Reality Check combines probability sampling and engaging online surveys to provide critical and timely insights to campaigns, media organizations, nonprofits, and market researchers.

We are currently hiring for at least two positions to join our growing team. These positions will work directly with the founders to build and implement rigorous survey research.  Remote work is an option.

One-Year Pre-Doc: The ideal applicant will be ABD in statistics, political science, economics, survey methodology, or a related field, but we are open to any applicants with relevant experience in statistical methods, survey research, weighting, multilevel regression and poststratification (MRP), experimental design, and/or causal inference.

The position involves a competitive salary and approximately 15-20 hours of remote work a week, to allow time for dissertation research and academic publications. After one year, this position could transition into a full-time job, but there is no expectation of doing so. Those interested in academic careers are encouraged to apply.

Full-time Methodologist: We are especially interested in applicants with an MS or PhD (preferred) in statistics, political science, economics, survey methodology, or related field; Experience with survey research, weighting, questionnaire design; Experience with advanced statistics including multilevel regression and poststratification (MRP); Innovative mindset and meticulous attention to detail.

Salary/Benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Benefits
- Opportunities for research (those interested in academic careers are encouraged to apply)
- Company equity for those interested in building a career with Reality Check

Required Materials:
- CV/resume
- Cover letter/statement of interest
- List of references

We value colleagues who are team oriented, novel thinkers, and passionate about accurate and valid inferences. Reality Check is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.

Interested applicants should email materials or questions to Peter Enns ([log in to unmask]) and cc, Ben Leff ([log in to unmask]). Please indicate which position you are apply to (pre-doc or full-time methodologist).
Peter Enns
Associate Professor, Department of Government
Executive Director, Roper Center for Public Opinion Research
Co-Director, Cornell Center for Social Sciences
Cornell University